2011.05.02 ~ Day Six of the Trial - IT & other forensics evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
With all the Bin Laden information coming at me, I almost forgot about this very important trial! :doh:

If the mods don't open a thread for the day, feel free to open one. :tyou:

Today should be all the forensics, hand writing experts, etc... also wondering if they'll have the jury take a field trip to see the house. IMO that would be warranted to see first hand the spray paintings and to be at the scene of this horror. Nick Pistor from the Post went by the house sometime over the weekend and posted a photo & twitter...

http://yfrog.com/gylx3bij

Swung by the Coleman house. Looks the same as it did May 2009. Now, just empty. #colemantrial #stl http://yfrog.com/gylx3bij

wow, the prosecution finishes tomorrow--defense will have a few days--verdict by early next week????

I really hope when they do JMM & TL are both named as well... IMO they all have some culpability in this.
You betcha they do. Hoping right along with ya!

Today should be all the forensics, hand writing experts, etc... also wondering if they'll have the jury take a field trip to see the house. IMO that would be warranted to see first hand the spray paintings and to be at the scene of this horror. Nick Pistor from the Post went by the house sometime over the weekend and posted a photo & twitter...

http://yfrog.com/gylx3bij

Swung by the Coleman house. Looks the same as it did May 2009. Now, just empty. #colemantrial #stl http://yfrog.com/gylx3bij

So who owns the house? Was it foreclosed on since CC in jail or is he making payments somehow?

The house is in foreclosure-they tried to auction it-no bidders...

#colemantrial forensics find only family member DNA under victims fingernails. Not enough suspect's DNA to suggest more than casual contact

#colemantrial ISP scientist found only police officer footprints inside alleged point of entry @fox2now

A couple of notes from the articles...

One article says that an expert will discuss the hair found on Gavin. The prosecution says it shows that Gavin was taken after Sheri and before Garrett. I wonder if we will hear that the hair came from a living person or a deceased person, I believe that this can be determined. What else might have been learned from the hair that would assist the prosecution to determine that?

Seems that hair caught in a ligature could fall out of it earlier or later, so will we learn something aside from, "It fell out afterwards." It is possible that the way the ligature was fashioned indicated that it would have fallen out once loosened.

Another bit from the news articles, something I did not know :( Sheri's neck bore three ligature marks :( She either fought like heck against the act, or Chris was into overkill :(

I am so angry reading that. I'm curious why we didn't hear that from a reporter prior to McClellan's article May 1st, or did we?

I'd like to know if there are indications that Sheri's fingers got under one of the attempts at ligature, or two... I'd like to know if there are indications that the three marks are due to a do, redo and do again to "make sure" -- which might indicate Chris checking pulse to make sure he killed Sheri for certain. To me, 3 ligature marks means more time in the room murdering Sheri. It seems that evidence could determine whether the bruised face occurred before oxygen and blood were cut off by ligature, certainly science has that information. I wonder if Baden addressed that, why have we heard such skimpy information on his testimony? Or the coroners?

I'm wondering if those 3 marks indicate that Sheri became aware of the ligature and fought back, then Chris beat her in the face or did something to her face to knock her out so that he could finish murdering her. I'm wondering whether the wounds to her face or any evidence tell LE what was used to injure her face.

All of the above information, I think, should be pounded to the jurors. This wasn't a "peaceful" murder (contradiction in terms, I know), go in, slip the ligature around, choke... This was a violent man, working a struggling victim over to kill them. Given that, what is the chance that Gavin or Garrett didn't wake up during the deal? What is the chance that this is the reason that CC winces when Gavin's name is mentioned? Perhaps he thought he was just going to cowardly slip in and take a sleeping child, instead he had to take a waking child...

Something that has bothered me... Gavin's head was mentioned as against the wall, I believe. Does anyone beside me remember reading that? I keep wondering what his body position tells us about what went on.

Osama is gone. Quick death, quick burial, out of sight, out of all of our air space. I wish that we would deal with murderers such as Chris Coleman in similar fashion.

wow, the prosecution finishes tomorrow--defense will have a few days--verdict by early next week????

I would personally love it if the defense rested and we had closing arguments on the 4th or early on the 5th, and a GUILTY x3 verdict on the 5th!

How much of a defense can they possibly put up?!

DNA under fingernails thoughts...

1. Does not indicate struggle with someone outside of the family
2. Are we to believe a trained body guard does not know how to subdue and bind the arms of his victims?

I'm not worried about no substantial DNA under their fingernails.... the important thing is there is no unidentified DNA under their fingernails... or in the house. Chris was A LOT bigger than his victims and could very easily pin them down to where they couldn't move to fight back.

Just think of kids play wrestling... my kids do this all the time and the bigger ones are more than able to get the littler ones in a position where they cannot move their arms. Of course it's all fun with giggles & laughter... not in the Colemans' case.

Forensic scientists testified this morning, all dna found at house is consistent with Coleman family members #colemantrial #stl

Hello Stella,

I've thought of the same. A conviction on the 5th (or before) would work for me.

As far as the defense, that will be rudely interesting. I believe they have said they only need one week didn't they?

Just found an article that said this:

>>"Reasonable doubt" was the focus of defense attorney Bill Margulis' opening statement. "Be patient," he urged the jury. "When you look at all the evidence, some of it won't make sense."<<

For the entire time the defense speaks, they will throw out all of the bonehead garbage, things that irresponsible adolescents use to try to confuse their parents when lying to them. I can just hear it... I can't fathom that there would be anything worthy of getting an intelligent rational human being doubting that Chris did this.

@ Wrinkles...

You bring up some very interesting points, and we did hear the 3 ligature marks prior to McClellans article... it was tweeted the first day of the trial. IMO with a Ligature mark on Sheri's CHIN, that proves she put up a fight. There was no overkill, she fought hard against CC for her life.

As for death bands on hair, I would doubt they would show up so soon to have banding on the hair found on Gavin.

I don't recall hearing Gavin's head was against the wall, but he was the one with the vulgarity (FY) painted on the sheet. I believe it was Garett, who would have been 13 this past Saturday, that was reported as curled up.

&#8206;#colemantrial window expert confirms no one broke into back window (alleged point of e). Suspect had told police he locked it. @fox2now

Today is going to be so full of SODDI did not do it testimony from the experts! :great:

BTW, this article says:

>>In addition to the spray-painted obscenity on Gavin's comforter, von Nida said she saw strands of long, dark hair wrapped around Gavin's arm. <<

So, how does dark hair get "wrapped around" a victim's arm? Perhaps it does when the murderer is grabbing their arms to subdue and restrain them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer