What others cases interest you as much as JBR's?

eileenhawkeye

Reaction score
Hopefully, this isn't considered OT...

What other cases interest you as much as JonBenet's? What other forums do you participate in here at WS?

For me, I am also active in Kyron Horman's, Hailey Dunn's, and Caylee Anthony's forums. However, none of those cases have held my interest as much as JonBenet's cases has.

So we already have a "What makes the JBR case fascinating to you?" topic so I don't really want to get to into that, but I am just wondering, What other cases interest you as much, or almost as much, as JBR?

"The Fort Worth Three"

What happened to the three girls who disappeared together from a shopping mall in Texas?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98030"]TX TX - Missing Fort Worth Three, 1974 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The Routier case, Caylee Anthony, and Maura Murray....what happened to her and where is she?

Several for me:
Caylee Anthony, Alexandia Joy Lowitzer, Chris Coleman case, Darlie Routier, Joshua Davis from New Braunsfels, Jessica Baggen and tons of cold cases.

I'm interested in the 1997 baby Sabrina Aisenberg disapparance, although there is not much talk about it anymore, and even when there was, it got about 1/10,000th of the attention of the JBR case.

The Aisenberg case is so similar to the JBR case, (child goes missing in the dead of night from their home, parents are suspects with a questionable story) yet almost exactly opposite at the same time. (I suspect the father more than the mother, the body has never been found, dog was IN the house at the time, prosecutors were perhaps overzealous).

Hopefully, this isn't considered OT...

What other cases interest you as much as JonBenet's? What other forums do you participate in here at WS?

For me, I am also active in Kyron Horman's, Hailey Dunn's, and Caylee Anthony's forums. However, none of those cases have held my interest as much as JonBenet's cases has.

So we already have a "What makes the JBR case fascinating to you?" topic so I don't really want to get to into that, but I am just wondering, What other cases interest you as much, or almost as much, as JBR?

Almost none, eileen. Like I told Tricia on a radio program, I handle this one case almost exclusively.

I actually spend most of my time right here but I'm always interested in missing children's cases. For me these are the most heartbreaking and my prayer is that maybe someday I can actually be of help in some way.

Kyron Horman

Sabrina Aisenberg, whom I firmly believe is still alive

My hometown case, Shawn Hornbeck, who was found very much alive

Kyron Horman

Sabrina Aisenberg, whom I firmly believe is still alive

My hometown case, Shawn Hornbeck, who was found very much alive

Daisyjane, Shawn's case is one that gives me hope for so many others! One is Morgan Nick. I have been following her case for years and would love for her to come home to her mother.

I'm interested in the 1997 baby Sabrina Aisenberg disapparance, although there is not much talk about it anymore, and even when there was, it got about 1/10,000th of the attention of the JBR case.

The Aisenberg case is so similar to the JBR case, (child goes missing in the dead of night from their home, parents are suspects with a questionable story) yet almost exactly opposite at the same time. (I suspect the father more than the mother, the body has never been found, dog was IN the house at the time, prosecutors were perhaps overzealous).

I watched a special about Sabrina's case a while back. That's one case where I can definitely see her still being alive, and it not being a situation like Danielle Van Dam's case where the sole purpose of kidnapping her was to murder her too.

Also, in the first couple of weeks of Sabrina going missing, the case was on Larry King Live, Oprah, Unsolved Mysteries, Dateline NBC, MSNBC, Inside Edition and America's Most Wanted. Unfortunately, it looks like the national media attention dropped the case after those segments/shows on it. However, early articles about the case indicate that many people thought it would become "the next big one" on the level of JBR and OJ but that never happened. I think Sabrina's case was TOO similar to JonBenet's case for the media to carry both of them, and since JonBenet's case had the beauty pageants, the wealth, the RN, the Xmas factor; the media decided to keep pursing it and dropped the Aisenberg case. I bet it would have gotten national attention for a longer period of time if it happened today.

I would have to say the Zodiac. I hate when justice never gets served.

I am waiting for Casey Anthony trial...am very interested to know what she did to little Caylee, and when she did it. I got into the Caylee Anthony board too late, don't post but do read it sometimes.

JonBenet died on a very slow news week in this country so I guess that is one of the reasons it got so much national attention. The "rediculous" ransom note and JonBenet's pageant photos put this story over the top.

Little Kyron Horman's case is baffling. His step-mother walks him into his school, observes his science project, takes pictures and leaves. Turns out little Kyron did not attend school that day and is missing....WTHades?

I should clarify - I'm not into any case as much as the JBR case, but Zodiac fascinates me too. So does Kyron Horman, Michaela Garecht, Jacob Wetterling, and....the 1982 Chicago area Tylenol poisonings. As a kid, I was so scared (and interested) in the Tylenol case. How did someone manage to, at least so far, get away with killing seven people in that manner?

I agree with you, eileenhawkeye, if the Aisenberg case had happened before the Ramsey case, perhaps the Aisenberg case would have gotten more attention just by being the one that happened first. The beauty pageants, and the ransom note really amped up the Ramsey case media attention. How often do we have a ransom note in a case? That note makes the JBR case about 200% more interesting to me.

I should clarify - I'm not into any case as much as the JBR case, but Zodiac fascinates me too. So does Kyron Horman, Michaela Garecht, Jacob Wetterling, and....the 1982 Chicago area Tylenol poisonings. As a kid, I was so scared (and interested) in the Tylenol case. How did someone manage to, at least so far, get away with killing seven people in that manner?

I agree with you, eileenhawkeye, if the Aisenberg case had happened before the Ramsey case, perhaps the Aisenberg case would have gotten more attention just by being the one that happened first. The beauty pageants, and the ransom note really amped up the Ramsey case media attention. How often do we have a ransom note in a case? That note makes the JBR case about 200% more interesting to me.

I think that even if the Aisenberg case had happened before the Ramsey case, as soon as JonBenet's pageant videos were released, the media would have dropped the Aisenberg case. Also, the OJ Simpson case ended in October 1995 and JonBenet was killed in December 1996 so there's a very small window for a case to happen and get media attention. I believe the murder trial of Richard Allen Davis (Polly Klaas's killer) got national media attention and it happened in 1996, between OJ and JonBenet. If the Aisenberg case had happened in 2011, it probably would have had a much better shot at getting national media attention because of Nancy Grace and JVM. There are a lot of cases on here where if they had happened back in the 90s, we probably wouldn't have heard of them.

JonBenet Ramsey and Danielle Van Damm were both killed at the age of six.

Brenda Van Damm wakes, is fixing breakfast and wonders why her daughter is still sleeping. Danielle's bedroom is empty.

The 911 call from Danielle's mother Brenda includes voices from her two other children in the background and Brenda is asking the boys questions.

Danielle's father is already out the door, searching the neighborhood for his daughter.

Poor JonBenet...

The 911 call from Danielle's mother Brenda includes voices from her two other children in the background and Brenda is asking the boys questions.

Danielle's father is already out the door, searching the neighborhood for his daughter.

Poor JonBenet...

Yep. JR spent (in his own words) a "half a minute" looking down the street and of course, NEITHER parent thought to as her brother, who was right down the hall from JB's room, if he saw or heard anything. Nor did they want anyone ELSE to ask him, especially LE.
This has the stink of guilt all over it.

JonBenet Ramsey and Danielle Van Damm were both killed at the age of six.

Brenda Van Damm wakes, is fixing breakfast and wonders why her daughter is still sleeping. Danielle's bedroom is empty.

Poor JonBenet...

Toltec, this broke my heart....:cry:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave