1345 users online (252 members and 1093 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) Jurors in the trial of a Cary man charged with killing his wife began sifting through eight weeks of evidence Tuesday as they work to determine whether Bradley Graham Cooper is guilty of murder in the 2008 death.
    Jurors began deliberating about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and were dismissed for the day shortly after 5 p.m. But they still had time to ask the judge for a detailed list of all the witnesses and articles introduced during the trial.

http://www.westport-news.com/news/ar...al-1363720.php

To add to the above, jury also requested a 2008 calendar which judge appeared to provide (asked someone to print one).

Jury selected a foreman very quickly, and before the request for material.

Should we be posting here today instead of yesterday's thread?

I have a feeling we'll have a verdict this afternoon.

for our members who went to court what was the jury made up of ? the n&o said it was 10 men 2 women. I thought i read here it was 10 women 2 men ?

I can actually not imagine there will be a verdict today. I think they will need much longer to find a verdict.
    Wouldn't it be nice to have your phone ring once they are done. I feel so silly coming back to my computer every few minutes just refreshing the wral site.

I heard via someone on twitter that they left last night around 5pm and will be back today at 9:30 to deliberate. I think they are ready to get down to business. They want this to be over. I also read that the juror that was supposed to take he/pick up her daughter to college made other arrangements so she could deliberate today. I think that shows how seriously she's taking her duties. I can't imagine sitting through the trial all those weeks and being replaced at the end by an alternate because I had an obligation.

I will be surprised if we don't have a verdict today. I think the jury is ready to be done.
    Kelly

Did the jurors know all along who was a "real" juror and who was an alternate? I'd think it'd be better if they didn't know (sort of like taking a placebo pill) so that they would all give it the same level of focus.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
    I heard via someone on twitter that they left last night around 5pm and will be back today at 9:30 to deliberate. I think they are ready to get down to business. They want this to be over. I also read that the juror that was supposed to take he/pick up her daughter to college made other arrangements so she could deliberate today. I think that shows how seriously she's taking her duties. I can't imagine sitting through the trial all those weeks and being replaced at the end by an alternate because I had an obligation.

I will be surprised if we don't have a verdict today. I think the jury is ready to be done.
    BBM I think you are right. But in an ideal world that should not influence the verdict finding.

I dont think we will have a verdict today. Eight weeks of a trial and they go through everything in one day?

Quote Originally Posted by iucpa View Post
    Did the jurors know all along who was a "real" juror and who was an alternate? I'd think it'd be better if they didn't know (sort of like taking a placebo pill) so that they would all give it the same level of focus.
    the courtroom goes dark when jurors are discussed ..don't they usually draw names?

They only need one thing to have reasonable doubt and it is done. Essentially if they agree with anything Trenkle said they should return NG.
    Hoisted with his own Petard

Link to the N&O article which details what evidence the jurors requested to review. They certainly are fast. Wasted no time getting down to business. http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/05/...n-closing.html

Quote Originally Posted by iucpa View Post
    You know during jury selection if you are a juror or alternate.
    Hoisted with his own Petard

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast