1177 users online (193 members and 984 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WHY Has It Taken THREE Years?

For those who have followed this case, why has it taken soooooo long to get to trial?

1.) It's a high profile case
    2.) The defense has done everything possible to delay the case
    3.) It's a capitol murder case

Casey waived her right to a speedy trial. There is no plausible defense.

I would say it's because the defense has done everything in their power to stall this trial in hopes to find a defense

Now there's talk of another 6 month delay because greedy news organizations want an advantage in covering jury selection. It is a complete disgrace that it has taken this long. I believe the legal system needs MAJOR reform.
    Justice for GEORGE!

Because KC, her parents and her lawyer have turned it into a circus freak side show with all of their behavior and the media has kept feeding them.

I agree with you. What's so special about her?
    She killed her beautiful little baby girl.
    She and her parents have never deserved to be made into a household name or brought into every house via the TV.

Why has it taken 3 years?

Game playing, shenanigans, a lame effort to re-write history, fame mongers, media hungry people, shall I go on?
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

A Lyon!

It is not unusual for a murder case to take a long time to get through the court system especially in a death penalty case.

The doctor charged in the death of Michael Jackson still has not made it through the court system and it will be 2 years in June that MJ died.
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

Delays from the defense and the previous Judge allowing it to occur ......... moo
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    It is not unusual for a murder case to take a long time to get through the court system especially in a death penalty case.

The doctor charged in the death of Michael Jackson still has not made it through the court system and it will be 2 years in June that MJ died.
    This is true! Drew Peterson has been sitting in jail for 2+ years as well.

I suppose it just "seems" like this case has gone on far too long. In addition to the fact that this was a small child. People want to see justice served sooner, rather than later. IMO
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post

So true! The murder case I testified in took almost 2 years for the trial to start and that one wasn't considered high profile, though it should have been.

The courts have many cases.
    I love Websleuths! Justice for Caylee!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn View Post
    I would say it's because the defense has done everything in their power to stall this trial in hopes to find a defense
    I would add to that the fact that JB stalled and let his client waive her right to a speedy trial (when it would have been in her best interest considering Caylee's remains had not been located) in order to raise the quarter million from Caylee's photos that he spent on nothing discernable and to enjoy his fifteen minutes in the limelight on Geraldo, JVM, etc. trying to scope out an actual career for himself Apres Casey. Good luck with that.

Not that his client would have objected - they both are more interested in the media attention they can garner (as long as it's positive) than they are in much else it would seem.

I also think he wasted untold amounts of time on a ridiculous and useless SODDI approach that likely the actually qualified members of his revolving-door Titanic Dream Team knew was an exercise in time-wasting and futility. By the time he actually buckled down and did any real work, I'm sure the word was out and nobody wanted to answer his calls any more, which is why he had to attend a forensics conference to see if he could schmooze in person somebody important into testifying.
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Delays from the defense and the previous Judge allowing it to occur ......... moo
    True. I loved Judge Strickland but good lord did the defense ever run roughshod over him. I'd hate to think where this would be now if HHJP didn't take the reins.
    Justice for GEORGE!

Quote Originally Posted by cecybeans View Post
    I would add to that the fact that JB stalled and let his client waive her right to a speedy trial (when it would have been in her best interest considering Caylee's remains had not been located) in order to raise the quarter million from Caylee's photos that he spent on nothing discernable and to enjoy his fifteen minutes in the limelight on Geraldo, JVM, etc. trying to scope out an actual career for himself Apres Casey. Good luck with that.

Not that his client would have objected - they both are more interested in the media attention they can garner (as long as it's positive) than they are in much else it would seem.

I also think he wasted untold amounts of time on a ridiculous and useless SODDI approach that likely the actually qualified members of his revolving-door Titanic Dream Team knew was an exercise in time-wasting and futility. By the time he actually buckled down and did any real work, I'm sure the word was out and nobody wanted to answer his calls any more, which is why he had to attend a forensics conference to see if he could schmooze in person somebody important into testifying.
    Wow that's a good point. Think off ALL the stuff they wouldn't have to worry about like duct tape, etc. Would have given the murderess a somewhat better chance.
    Justice for GEORGE!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast