WHY Has It Taken THREE Years?

enelram

Reaction score
For those who have followed this case, why has it taken soooooo long to get to trial?

1.) It's a high profile case
2.) The defense has done everything possible to delay the case
3.) It's a capitol murder case

Casey waived her right to a speedy trial. There is no plausible defense.

I would say it's because the defense has done everything in their power to stall this trial in hopes to find a defense

Now there's talk of another 6 month delay because greedy news organizations want an advantage in covering jury selection. It is a complete disgrace that it has taken this long. I believe the legal system needs MAJOR reform.

Because KC, her parents and her lawyer have turned it into a circus freak side show with all of their behavior and the media has kept feeding them.

I agree with you. What's so special about her?
She killed her beautiful little baby girl.
She and her parents have never deserved to be made into a household name or brought into every house via the TV.

Why has it taken 3 years?

Game playing, shenanigans, a lame effort to re-write history, fame mongers, media hungry people, shall I go on? :waitasec:

It is not unusual for a murder case to take a long time to get through the court system especially in a death penalty case.

The doctor charged in the death of Michael Jackson still has not made it through the court system and it will be 2 years in June that MJ died.

Delays from the defense and the previous Judge allowing it to occur ......... moo

It is not unusual for a murder case to take a long time to get through the court system especially in a death penalty case.

The doctor charged in the death of Michael Jackson still has not made it through the court system and it will be 2 years in June that MJ died.

:sigh: This is true! Drew Peterson has been sitting in jail for 2+ years as well. :sigh:

I suppose it just "seems" like this case has gone on far too long. In addition to the fact that this was a small child. People want to see justice served sooner, rather than later. IMO

So true! The murder case I testified in took almost 2 years for the trial to start and that one wasn't considered high profile, though it should have been.

The courts have many cases.

I would say it's because the defense has done everything in their power to stall this trial in hopes to find a defense

I would add to that the fact that JB stalled and let his client waive her right to a speedy trial (when it would have been in her best interest considering Caylee's remains had not been located) in order to raise the quarter million from Caylee's photos that he spent on nothing discernable and to enjoy his fifteen minutes in the limelight on Geraldo, JVM, etc. trying to scope out an actual career for himself Apres Casey. Good luck with that.

Not that his client would have objected - they both are more interested in the media attention they can garner (as long as it's positive) than they are in much else it would seem.

I also think he wasted untold amounts of time on a ridiculous and useless SODDI approach that likely the actually qualified members of his revolving-door Titanic Dream Team knew was an exercise in time-wasting and futility. By the time he actually buckled down and did any real work, I'm sure the word was out and nobody wanted to answer his calls any more, which is why he had to attend a forensics conference to see if he could schmooze in person somebody important into testifying.

Delays from the defense and the previous Judge allowing it to occur ......... moo

True. I loved Judge Strickland but good lord did the defense ever run roughshod over him. I'd hate to think where this would be now if HHJP didn't take the reins.

I would add to that the fact that JB stalled and let his client waive her right to a speedy trial (when it would have been in her best interest considering Caylee's remains had not been located) in order to raise the quarter million from Caylee's photos that he spent on nothing discernable and to enjoy his fifteen minutes in the limelight on Geraldo, JVM, etc. trying to scope out an actual career for himself Apres Casey. Good luck with that.

Not that his client would have objected - they both are more interested in the media attention they can garner (as long as it's positive) than they are in much else it would seem.

I also think he wasted untold amounts of time on a ridiculous and useless SODDI approach that likely the actually qualified members of his revolving-door Titanic Dream Team knew was an exercise in time-wasting and futility. By the time he actually buckled down and did any real work, I'm sure the word was out and nobody wanted to answer his calls any more, which is why he had to attend a forensics conference to see if he could schmooze in person somebody important into testifying.

Wow that's a good point. Think off ALL the stuff they wouldn't have to worry about like duct tape, etc. Would have given the murderess a somewhat better chance.

Why? because the victim's mother is responsible and the rest of the victim's family has been all about damage control and not justice. And also because the defense has none and all they can do is try and forestall the inevitable. Sad state of affairs.

Samantha Runnion's case took almost 3 years to get to trial, and the media coverage had subsided after the first two weeks of when she went missing and was found deceased. The defense pulled out every delay they could. They argued that everyone in the county knew about the case, when in reality, they were just taking forever to have the trial, because they knew with the case not in the media anymore, people were going to forget it and hopefully, forget about how sad and angry it made them. Despite 5000 people attending Samantha's funeral and it getting heavy coverage when it happened, 2 and a half years later, only 63% of the county even recognized the case.

I guess I'll never understand why the DT would even try to delay things. It's not like it'll change the final outcome, it's only wasting taxpayer monies.

I guess I'll never understand why the DT would even try to delay things. It's not like it'll change the final outcome, it's only wasting taxpayer monies.

I really do think that is the key. Taxpayers seething at the amount of money this charade is costing!

I don't blame them one bit.

I was called down on this last night but I still think after seeing many high profile cases turn into 3 ring circuses that our justice system has flaws and needs to be revamped. I am all for a defendant having a fair trial but defense attorneys are going way overboard with their antics to free their client. They can literally lie and make up stories to cause reasonable doubt and I just do not think that's fair. What happened to getting on the stand, being sworn it and telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
The defense has way to much lead way yet the state has to play by the rules. Look at all the tricks we have seen this particular DT pull, incredible!!! Ok, I am off the bandwagon now...and I am not trying to upset anyone, this is jmo!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back