Marie Osmond Re-marries 1st Husband

i always liked marie. i wish them all lifes blessings

Hell would be freezing over and pigs would be flying out of my behind before I remarried my first husband.

I am shocked, SHOCKED! That she would marry him AGAIN is crazy, but the fact that they were married in the temple - 3 blocks from my house! - is even crazier! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Osmonds - all of them! - and I sincerely hope Marie and Steven will be happy. Marie is the sweetest lady and I think she deserves some peace and happiness. Bless her sweet heart!

I wish them both (and the kids!) the very best.

I was such an Osmond fan back in the day, and I dragged my daughter to see them in concert a few years back. It was fun, she even enjoyed it!

I love the fact that she wore the same dress that she originally wore at the first wedding....very sentimental :)

Congrats to them both. :)

Congrats to them both!

I know several people (including my stepmom) who have "double-dipped" and married a former spouse a second time.

Hell would be freezing over and pigs would be flying out of my behind before I remarried my first husband.

:floorlaugh: Me too before I remarried any of mine:floorlaugh:

I like Marie and was a little shock when I heard this morning. I wish than best of luck.

sometimes romantic love isnt as strong as friendship. one of my ex's is a bff, to me and to my husband. he's a good man, but a lousy love partner LOL

Marie is very kind hearted! My Ex used to work security at our local arena. There was a country western concert going on and he was back stage patroling the area. He came across a woman standing in a restricted area and told her she had to move along.

The woman smiled at him and told him that she was sorry, she didn't realize she was suppose to be there, touched his arm and walked off. He watched her... go right into the room reserved for Marie Osmond! THEN he recognized who she was! LOL!

I wish Marie and her new (old) hubby lots of happiness!

OMG - thanks for the honesty! You and me both. Truth be told, I wouldn't marry the current one again either...

I should have said 1st, 2nd or 3rd husband.

This thread is hilarious, lol!

That said, congrats to Marie and hope the second time around is all the song says it could be.

For the audio, FS:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ1DA6uKe6w[/ame]

Ok - I just have to share a bit of history here.

I have already confessed to LOVING the Osmonds. I was 12 when my dad first took me, and only me, to see them at the Las Vegas Hilton in Vegas. That sealed it for me, forever more.

They played the Hilton every spring for many years and I lived within walking distance from there. I was there, every day, during their engagements for a long time, as were many, many other girls. I met most of the brothers during that time, but could not speak to Donny, though I had many opportunities.

Fast-forward to MUCH later. When Donny and Marie had their talk show, they taped it for a week at the MGM Grand, where I worked. One of our executives was very close to them and he arranged for me and my kiddos to attend a taping and to go backstage afterwards. I was SO nervous during the entire show, I can't even tell you who appeared on the episode we saw. I was soooooo worried that Marie was going to be a diva. And, of course, I was still hopelessly in "love" with Donny.

Let me just say, Marie was 8 months pregnant with her last baby. But when we got backstage, she offered us water and asked if anyone needed anything. :) She was sooooooo sweet and charming. She gave my son a kiss (he was little-bitty) and was such a doll!

I have had the opportunity to speak to Donny many, many times over the years and have been rendered totally speechless each time. That is NOT normal for me, and there are many in my life who tease me about it - endlessly.

I just want to say - every, single Osmond family member I've met has been wonderful. I can't even begin to describe the talent.

I sincerely hope Marie will be happy with Steven. I think he was really mean to her when they were married the first time and I so admired her for having the courage to walk away, when that was, and is, not acceptable within the LDS faith.

Girl... you made me spray wine all over my screen with this comment. Priceless!! Still in stitches....

Good luck on that one Marie!

LOL - me too. Hey, who needs another dose of chlamydia. But they obviously have another type of relationship. . . I hope.

Then again, would you marry the same person who you cited as mentally cruel in your divorce papers. I sure hope he's changed for the better after all these years.

All I can do is wish them the very best.

Marie Osmond after wedding her first husband, Stephen Craig, in 1982.
In 1982 at age 22, fresh off the success of the "Donny & Marie" variety show she launched with her brother, Donny, Osmond wed Stephen Craig, a Brigham Young University basketball star. The following year, she gave birth to Stephen James Craig. But as the marriage progressed, problems began to plague their union. Though the two met five years prior to their wedding, they only dated for 18 months before marrying, and in 1985, Osmond filed for divorce, citing mental cruelty.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/marie-osmonds-troubles/story?id=9978964

Not sure which state or what the status of the law was at the very time, but...

Back then, when it was "divorce" and an adversarial matter rather than "dissolution" as it is today, "mental cruelty" was frequently cited as a cause...much as "irreconcilable differences" is claimed now.

IOW, does not mean he was necessarily cruel in his treatment of her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back