The jury - VERDICT IS IN! GUILTY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
As of now, the jury has left for home and we are hoping they reach a verdict tomorrow, Thursday, May 5th, 2011.

It will be two years since Sheri, Garrett and Gavin were found brutally murdered in their beds.

We'll change the title of this thread after the verdict has been read.

Many thanks to everyone who spent hours and hours here in honor of Sheri and the boys! :grouphug:

Praying tonight for a verdict early tomorrow and justice for Sheri, Gavin and Garrett. :praying:

I've been lurking and reading since the trial began. I want justice for Sheri, Gavin, and Garrett as well as for the integrity of the faith they shared. CC not only took three lights from the world -- he also darkened hearts in the process by making evil of something that was intended to be a blessing to him, and everyone else whose lives were touched by the victims.

Truth will prevail. Something tells me he will someday indeed look his own darkness right in the eyes.

I don't think I have ever seen a case that was so clear on the guilt of the person. It couldn't be more obvious if there were a videotape of the act. I can't imagine there is a shred of reasonable (or unreasonable) doubt to be had. I don't think it's a coincidence that the verdict will (hopefully) be read tomorrow.

I'm praying for Sheri, Gavin, and Garrett, and all Sheri's family tonight. I hope tomorrow we see CC put away forever.

Good Morning!

Fox2 has confirmed that they will break into regular programming and broadcast the verdict when it happens.

Also, I forgot this and this could explain the already 4 hours of deliberations with more to come... there is an ex-Public Defender on the jury. Assumptions are he is the one that is possible gearing the discussions and raking through the evidence. We shall see... it worries me a bit.

I looked in on my 8 month old daughter last night as she slept, thanked God (as I do every night) for her, and said a prayer for Sheri, Garrett and Gavin. Their lives have touched so many people, myself included, it is just a shame I could not know them while they walked this earth.

Sheri - may you receive justice tomorrow and rejoice in heaven with your boys wrapped in your loving arms.

:justice:

It worries me too. If nothing is decided by today...I'm afraid we might have the type of juror that needs a note from God and a videotape.

Let's just hope they have already decided and wanted to wait until today to honor Sheri, Gavin & Garett.

I can't remember the background of the other jurors, just the ex-PD & the woman whose son was murdered. Going to go dig & see if I can find it.

ETA: Articles on Jurors

Jurors include a woman who told the Court her son was murdered and a student who said her Aunt was murdered. Both cases remain unsolved, but the women are convinced they could keep an open mind. One woman even said that if police catch her son's killer, she would not want to see him sentenced to death. ... please don't let that be a stumbling block for her!
http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-jury-set-christopher-coleman-trial-20110419,0,5848950.story

Jurors include a nursing assistant, a woman whose son was murdered, a man retired from Continental Tire, and a lawyer and former public defender.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_ca7933c1-9c06-57d5-a2ec-35ffb22b6edd.html

I think it is likely that the jury feels compelled to review everything and be methodical simply because it is potentially a death penalty case. Even if their minds are made up, they probably want to be respectful to the process because someone's life is on the line here.

Even though I would have wanted to immediately vote and convict, I can understand wanting to be careful and thorough.

That's what I hope is happening, anyway.

The PD bothers me - he's probably talking the rest of the jurors through every minute detail. Hope he remembers he's not defending Chris.

I really think they came to a decision last night, but decided to sleep on it to be sure. OR, if the hangup was between dp and life, perhaps they wanted another day to consider it. Whatever happened, they obviously thought they were close, or they would have gone home earlier per the judge's 7:00 suggestion. Maybe wishful thinking on my part???

Guess we'll just have to wait............... ughhhh

I don't understand the hang up if it is death or life. They are doing away with death and so making all death pentalty cases LWOP?? So just give him LWOP?

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.......
See Chris, I told you a long time ago we would all still be here waiting for justice, and guess what? Here we are.

I hope one day the horror of what you have done hits you like a freight train. Actually I wish you would get run over by a freight train, but I guess there aren't too many freight trains that run by prison, where you will be spending the remainder of your miserable life. So I'll have to settle for whatever punishment the jury hands down.

You so did not deserve beautiful Sheri nor the two handsome sons she blessed you and your family with, the sons she tried so hard to shelter from harm. Who would have known the worst threat against them would have been laying beside her at night.

I hope you lay awake at night and think about all the things you will never get to see or do or smell or taste or touch again. I hope you wake up from horrid nightmares in a cold sweat, only to realize that the reality you are waking up to is even worse than the nightmare that woke you. More than anything, I hope that each night before you fall into fitfull slumber the last thing you see are the faces of the three lives you so callously snuffed out.

I have to stop now before the ugly things that I really want to say come out and I get banned for all eternity from here.

~TCO~ going on a self imposed time-out

Folks-the jury is not determining life in prison or death penalty...the deliberations are strictly guilty or not guilty...if guilty, then they go back for a separate deliberation for the penalty phase....

Folks-the jury is not determining life in prison or death penalty...the deliberations are strictly guilty or not guilty...if guilty, then they go back for a separate deliberation for the penalty phase....
And your point would be? What harm is there in discussing the outcome we wish? Is there something else we should discuss as we wait for news pray tell?

~TCO~ awaiting direction since I obviously have crossed some imaginary line.

And your point would be? What harm is there in discussing the outcome we wish? Is there something else we should discuss as we wait for news pray tell?

~TCO~ awaiting direction since I obviously have crossed some imaginary line.

I didnt mean it negatively-there just seems to be some confusion in some of the posts as to if there are deciding life in prison or death during these deliberations so just thought I would clear it up....and believe me, I'm hoping for a guilty verdict and then a death penalty sentence....

Are there reports of the jury asking for evidence or other items? Or was yesterday's deliberations all done without any note from the jury.

One does wonder if they are being thorough or there is a hold-out for some reason.

The evidence, although circumstantial, is heavily against CC. I was surprised it is taking them this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff