920 users online (222 members and 698 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,753

    CA - Jeffrey Hall, 32, shot to death, Riverside, 1 May 2011

    Very unusual to be charged with murder at 10.


    California boy charged with murdering neo-Nazi dad


    RIVERSIDE, Calif. – A 10-year-old boy was charged Wednesday with murdering his neo-Nazi father in the family's Southern California home and his attorney said he might pursue an insanity defense.
    Riverside County prosecutors charged the boy with murder involving the use of a gun after reviewing the facts surrounding the early Sunday morning shooting of Jeff Hall, a 32-year-old plumber who had carried a swastika flag and led rallies outside a local synagogue and day labor site.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110505/...emacist_killed

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,753
    Lionel Tate was 12 and I am wondering if this child will be the youngest that anyone has been charged with murder.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,117
    Just to be clear, the boy is NOT being charged as an adult. Per the article, CA law doesn't allow for minors to be charged as adults until they are 14.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Just to be clear, the boy is NOT being charged as an adult. Per the article, CA law doesn't allow for minors to be charged as adults until they are 14.
    But he is being charged with murder.

    Interestingly they do not think the father's neo nazi affiliation has anything to do with the murder. Well not directly anyway. I am imagining what kind of father he might have been and what influence he may have had on his own son. I will be interested in learning about the family dynamics.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,066
    Not the youngest, but one of the youngest..
    9 yr old boy charged with premeditated murder of father and his father's friend

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492047,00.html

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,516
    What was a 10 year old doing up at 4:00AM with a gun?

    We'll most likely see this has nothing to do with dad's political leanings and ideals.

    10 years old.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,584
    An update on this disturbing case:

    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

    Slain neo-Nazi's beliefs could air in son's case
    May 10, 2011

    "....Prosecutors won't say if they know the motive, but family court records portray a troubled boy who spent his first years hungry and living in filth while his parents went through a messy divorce that included accusations of child abuse.

    Evidence about how he was reared is likely to surface in a case that raises questions about whether the boy is mature enough to know right from wrong and whether his father's extremist views played a role in the shooting...."

    More at link (very detailed article)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,516
    Jeff Hall's widow has been arrested on child endangerment charges.

    Krista McCary endangered the five children in the home by leaving a loaded firearm within reach of the children. Law requires it to be in a lockbox.



    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...er-killed.html

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,516
    Jeff Hall's son said he shot his father as he slept because he abused both the child and his stepmother.

    The boy also feared Hall was having an affair and he would be displaced.





    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/19/us...SEDIN_BRF.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Here's a partial photo of the boy. It's ok, he's not identified!

    What's sad to see in this photo just prior to him shooting his dad, he seemed like a typical young boy, scraped knees and all!

    IMHO, they SHOULD take into account this child's life from the beginning he knew nothing but abuse and neglect. The doctrine of neo-nazi is violence, hate and guns.

    I honestly don't think this child is even evil. He's been misguided by the only people he had to look up to, leaving him with an under-developed mind. I believe that with foster care and intense therapy, he could become a thriving adult that could give back to civilization.

    This poor child just didn't have a chance under the circumstances.

    Time will tell if he heals.

    JMHO
    fran

    http://www.scpr.org/programs/madelei...-murder-trial/

    Riverside boy accused of killing Neo Nazi father in court today

    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Last edited by fran; 05-22-2011 at 05:54 PM.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28
    My heart goes out to the children in this family. Even though the child killed his father, I still feel for him. I feel that something such as the cheating led him to snap. I'd rather see this child receive rehabilitation and hopefully change his ways than be in jail.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,516
    Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Here's a partial photo of the boy. It's ok, he's not identified!

    What's sad to see in this photo just prior to him shooting his dad, he seemed like a typical young boy, scraped knees and all!

    IMHO, they SHOULD take into account this child's life from the beginning he knew nothing but abuse and neglect. The doctrine of neo-nazi is violence, hate and guns.

    I honestly don't think this child is even evil. He's been misguided by the only people he had to look up to, leaving him with an under-developed mind. I believe that with foster care and intense therapy, he could become a thriving adult that could give back to civilization.

    This poor child just didn't have a chance under the circumstances.

    Time will tell if he heals.

    JMHO
    fran

    http://www.scpr.org/programs/madelei...-murder-trial/

    Riverside boy accused of killing Neo Nazi father in court today

    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    It makes me wonder how much was being hidden if there was a photographer following these people around.

    Agreed. No child is purely evil. That's learned behavior.

    In all fairness the biological mother of this child lost custody and apparently lost custody of twins she had by another man.

    According to reports through the courts the boy was not being neglected in the home with his step mother and father. Violence though that's a different story. National Socialists supposedly teach their children gun safety. So it's ironic that they left a loaded firearm in the reach of small children.

    Poor kid thought he was going to get shuffled around again.

    On an aside the National Socialists don't identify as being supreme. It's more a preservation of culuture and pride in their race. The term Neo-Nazi doesn't sit well with them either. No doubt dad was handing out some fierce corporal punishment. I can see that.

    Hate breeds hate and violence begets violence. Sadly it looks like that mix coupled with being neglected by his biological mother made this kid get dealt a bad roster.

    My prayers have been going up for him.

    How about that photo? A child eating a sandwich while having on one shoe while the unidentified guy has on his stomping boots or whatever they call them. I'm not sure what the blue laces mean. I think the colors mean something.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,584
    Of course blue laces mean something. Thanks for pointing that out, Filly. I found this on one of my very favorite (RE: extreme sarcasm here) forums:

    Note: Always racist and disturbing comments here. Always. But eye opening.

    http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t126093-2/

    Symbolism of laces and braces

    ".....blue represented a cop killer, which I'm sure it does mean somewhere. Around here the blue laces are worn by anyone who claims to be a sXe Skinhead (pronounced straight-edge skinhead). They tend to be a little bit more violent and wear there hair short with a little short diagonal line cut into it, cutting across the front..."

    and

    "....In my area, red laces mean National Socialism. White laces do indeed mean White Power/Pride (We got the best looking laces). Yellow laces mean that you have killed someone, and pink means you're a gay-basher. Blue is SHARP, and black is generic...."

    More at link--lots of discussion about lace color, it must be a regional thing.


    I have to wonder if Russell Bates and Abigail Sheehy of Palm Springs might have been wearing pink laces.


    ETA: SHARP means "Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice".
    Last edited by Missizzy; 05-30-2011 at 06:06 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,753
    http://www.pe.com/multimedia/pdf/2011/20110519_hall.pdf

    Mother's arrest warrant, just for reference.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Of course blue laces mean something. Thanks for pointing that out, Filly. I found this on one of my very favorite (RE: extreme sarcasm here) forums:

    Note: Always racist and disturbing comments here. Always. But eye opening.

    http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t126093-2/

    Symbolism of laces and braces

    ".....blue represented a cop killer, which I'm sure it does mean somewhere. Around here the blue laces are worn by anyone who claims to be a sXe Skinhead (pronounced straight-edge skinhead). They tend to be a little bit more violent and wear there hair short with a little short diagonal line cut into it, cutting across the front..."

    and

    "....In my area, red laces mean National Socialism. White laces do indeed mean White Power/Pride (We got the best looking laces). Yellow laces mean that you have killed someone, and pink means you're a gay-basher. Blue is SHARP, and black is generic...."

    More at link--lots of discussion about lace color, it must be a regional thing.


    I have to wonder if Russell Bates and Abigail Sheehy of Palm Springs might have been wearing pink laces.


    ETA: SHARP means "Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice".




    The poor little kid could have been confused enough by all those different sub groups and colors for good Lord's sake.



    "Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice"? What the what?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY CA - Crystal Theobald, 24, shot to death, Riverside, 24 Feb 2006
    By katydid23 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 10:05 AM
  2. GUILTY NC - Jennifer Vincek, 28, & Jeffrey Peck, 52, shot to death, Statesville, 16 Dec 2007
    By spclk in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-03-2015, 03:08 PM
  3. GUILTY GA - Alana Calahan, 14, shot to death, Harlem, 31 Jan 2011
    By noZme in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-25-2013, 10:08 PM
  4. GUILTY IA - Jeffrey McAdam, 46, shot to death, Victor, 29 May 2010
    By UdbCrzy2 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 01:03 PM
  5. NOT GUILTY NY - Jeffrey Bordeaux, 20, stabbed to death at frat party, Rochester, 15 Jan 2011
    By Steely Dan in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 06:57 PM

Tags for this Thread