CANADA Canada - Markham, Ont, WhtMale 1084UMON, 20-40, female clothes, Jul'80

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
~snip~

Investigators will next week release a clay bust of the man, whose remains were found in 1980 in Markham. A compact mirror, jeans, white socks and a pair of red high heels were found with the remains, which police said the victim was believed to have worn.

The victim was white, between 25 to 40 years of age, approximately 5’6” and 100-120 lbs, according to forensic reports.

The remains were discovered on July 16, 1980, by a Markham resident on the Eleventh Concession near Steeles Avenue. Police have been unable to identify the man.

Read more: http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...ad-man-wore-red-high-heels.aspx#ixzz1LSeqEaqy

Note that the article is dated November 24, 2009.

Here is the DoeNet casefile:

The Doe Network:
Case File 1084UMON
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1084umon.html

2816582560045078242S600x600Q85.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on July 16, 1980 in Markham, Ontario, Canada
* Estimated Date of Death: 1 to 3 years prior to discovery.
* Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 20-40 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"-5'7" (163-172 cm); 99-121 lbs (45-55 kg). Slim build
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Straight medium to dark brown hair, 4" long; Unknown eyes. Slim build.
* Skeletal Findings: Light boned with poorly developed muscular markings.
* Other: Found in the same vicinity as the remains were the following: A powder compact containing powder and mirror; red and pink high heeled shoes, decorative flap and bow, larger sized; 2 green plastic bags; women's "Brittania" jeans, waist 30 inches, inseam 29 inches; white ribbed socks. Small bag containing small animal bones.
* DNA: Available

Case History
The remains of this adult male were located on July 16, 1980. He was found in a bush area on the east side of the 11th Concession of Markham, 1 km north of Steeles Avenue in the York Region of Markham, Ontario. The remains may have been at this location for 1 to 3 years prior to discovery.

The female clothing located and other items found led investigators to believe the man was most likely transgendered.

Denis Beauchamps?

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2014002519&id=0

Seems too obvious though and surely must have been ruled out?

I posted this in another thread. Confusing. Looking at the photo of Denis Beauchamps looks like he was living as a male so I'm not sure if he would fit. I wish they would tell us if he was born male or female. The bio says he had a boyfriend, alias is Danika Valery. I'm assuming that he was born female but identified as male. We would have to contact LE in his case too.
National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains - Denis Beauchamps Case reference: 2014002519
Mr. Beauchamps was last seen on April 18, 1977 in Montreal. Mr.Beauchamps went to his sister's house after an argument with his boyfriend. He stayed there for a few days, and then left without giving any more news.

Aliases - VALERY, Danika
Missing since - April 18, 1977
Year of birth - 1950
Age at disappearance - 27
Gender - Transgender
Bio group - White
Eye colour - Brown
Hair - Brown, Dyed blond hair
Height - 160cm / 5 ft 3 in
Weight - 50kg / 110lb

Need to make a question list to give to LE

Bumping this case and wondering what size the shoes were, maybe somebody remembers selling or giving the shoes to the uid.
Wondering if he/she ( sorry just not sure in this case of the correct gender term to use) came from the Queen's Park area or from Gerrard St area, perhaps as a prostitute?
He may not have been gay at all, but in need of money and fulfilling a role for someone requesting it.
speculation, imo.

I think we're going to have to contact LE so am going to leave some links I found yesterday. I wonder if they can look at the crime scene photos to see if anything resembles breast implants, they obviously weren't looking for it when they found the skeletal remains. They probably thought he was female due to the clothing. Next question would be were any items found that a trans woman would use to conceal male reproductive organs? Were they able to run any tests that would show he was taking hormones? Not sure what the test is called but there's a case in FL (IIRC) where they know remains found were taking female hormones. I don't have time right now to grab the case info. They had recently done a sketch for her in fall of 2015

Transvestite - a person, typically a man, who derives pleasure from dressing in clothes appropriate to the opposite sex.
synonyms: drag queen, cross-dresser, female impersonator

He is mentioned in a book Unsolved: True Canadian Cold Cases By Robert J. Hoshowsky; they go into more details about LE thinking the person was hit by a car, I guess thrown 75ft into the woods. When they reopened the case they realized that the clothing never was on the remains

"We hope it looks pretty close to this and that someone comes forward," said Detective-Constable Clarke, who unveiled a drawing to the media of what police believe the victim looked in life: a slender, effeminate-looking young man with dark hair about 4 inches long, wearing red and pink, pointy toed, high heeled shoes, white frilly socks, form fitting blue Brittania jeans (women's size 30/29), and an open-collard, red, short-sleeved blouse.

"It's my belief that he was transgender, possibly in the sex trade down in the Toronto area which … was a bit of a haven, in the 70's for gays," said Clark, who also speculated that the young man may have come to Toronto years ago to live his life as part of the city's large gay, lesbian and transgendered community. "In my opinion, I think he was picked up in the city, taken to [Markham], endeavors occurred and then he was killed and left there," repeated the Detective-Constable, calling the wooded area "a dumping ground."

They are looking at James Henry Greenridge in prison in British Columbia

Video at link - Chilling portrait of transgendered victim - Chris Doucette, Sun Media - First posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 04:44 AM EST | Updated: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 04:47 AM EST

It was initially thought the man may have been hit by a car, wandered off the road and died in the wooded area.

But the story took an odd turn when women's clothing was found next to the remains -- a red shirt, a pair of woman's jeans, red-high-heeled shoes and white frilly socks.

"To walk off to the side of the road, take of your clothes and die, it just doesn't make sense," Clarke said.

The female clothing and other items found led investigators to believe the man was most likely transgendered.

"We don't have a cause of death," Clarke said. "But it's believed foul play was involved."

Whether the man was left there to die or his body was dumped remains a mystery.

York Regional Police file # 1980-13437

On December 1, 2009, York Regional Police investigators had reason to be hopeful about a new investigative avenue in the case of unidentified skeletal remains found nearly 30 years earlier.

Members of the public were asked to view a new, museum-quality clay bust of the unidentified man. The man's remains were discovered by a Markham resident on the side of the Eleventh Concession, north of Steeles Avenue, on July 16, 1980.

Unfortunately, the bust failed to spark anyone's memory and the man has yet to be identified. Forensic testing found that he was a white male between 25 and 40 years old when he died. He stood at roughly 5'6", weighed between 100 and 120 pounds and had dark, medium-length brown hair.

Along with the remains, police found a variety of women's clothing items, including red high-heeled shoes, white socks, jeans and a powder compact with a mirror. Investigators believe those items were worn by the victim.

Help Solve a Cold Case - Do you have information about this unidentified victim? Do you know anything about him, or the circumstances that led to his death?

If so, please contact the York Regional Police Cold Case Unit at 1-866-876-5423 ext. 7865 or email the investigators directly. Want to remain anonymous? Call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS, leave a tip online at www.1800222tips.com or text a tip by sending TIPYORK and a message to CRIMES (274637).
View attachment 91575 View attachment 91577

How far is Toronto from Onterio? I'm on my cell; getting ready to leave so can't map

Toronto is in Ontario. The clubs where the school teacher had been hanging out the night he was murdered is in the " gay village", it also is an area where sex workers, gay, straight and transgendered, ect.may pick up " dates ", imo.

This google map shows the distance of where the UID TG person was located and the murdered school teacher's home.Approx. 30 minutes away.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/35+H...635609dd0f78c0e7!2m2!1d-79.474159!2d43.786502

Roselvr,

This is where I disagree with you, the photo has him with BROWN hair, but on the time of disappearance they had dyed blond hair. This means that the photo is old and most likely from when Danika was Denis. Danika is a slavic name, so is Valery. Coincidentally there is a very famous russian gay poet named Valery Pereleshin who tried to immigrate to USA in 1950, when Denis/Danika was born.

This is just a theory, (I doubt that's why they chose the name Danika Valery), but I do believe Danika was born a male. Back in the day you were not allowed to change your gender officially nor would they government respect an Alias if the name was still officially Denis.

Nor would they call Danika "Mr.", considering it was 1977's and only late that year did the sexual orientation anti-discrimination bill pass, so they would be referring by birth gender on the missing persons case?

Markham Doe
Markham Doe

Sex
Male

(gender unknown
Detective Douglas Clark of York's Police Department had stated that this Doe was almost certainly a homicide victim of infamous 'hedonistic' serial killer named James Henry Greenidge from Gravenhurst, Ontario.
  • Medium to dark brown hair, about 4 inches long.
  • The decedent was of slim build with "poorly" developed muscles.
  • Some dental fillings and missing teeth. The decedent also had stains on their posterior teeth consistent with that of smoking cigarettes.
Race White
Location Markham, Ontario
Found July 16, 1980
Unidentified for 38 Years
Postmortem interval Years
Body condition Skeletal
Age approximation 20-40
Height approximation 5'4"-5'7"
Weight approximation 95-125 Ibs
Cause of death Suspected homicide"
1084UMON11.jpg
1084UMON.jpg
1084UMON1.jpg

1084UMON

Last edited:
Wondering if the perp picked up the uid person in the area discussed in this article?
BOYS’ TOWN: AIDS, suicide, ODs and murder were the brutal finale
''June 14, 2020
For decades, Boys’ Town was the downtown mecca where underage boys sold their flesh and souls to often violent pedophiles.

One of the landmarks was the Manatee at 11 St. Joseph St. that former hustler Kevin Humphrey described as an underaged “gay boy disco” where chickenhawks would do the “crotch watch.”

There are few survivors left from the era.

“There was Peter, Mike, Paul, Grant, who was raped, Travess [Scott Eadie], who just died … they died of drug overdoses, AIDS, there were suicides, a fair number were murdered,” Humphrey told the Toronto Sun.''

''Humphrey — who had been hustling since was he 10 — was looking for a violent pedophile who had been raping the kids of Boys’ Town. And when he finally found him, the then 18-year-old accepted an invitation to his cottage in eastern Ontario.''

Does anybody know if the DNA Doe Project also works in Canada or just in the US??? Cause I think that they should take this case for sure. I'm not from Canada, so I do not necessarily know if they something similar to the DNA Doe Project over here.
DNA Doe Project
They seem to have taken on some Canadian cases, imo.
At present..
DNA Doe Project - Wikipedia
''Nation River Lady 3 May 1975 Casselman, Ontario Genealogical analysis[108]''

''Kenora Jane Doe 17 June 2009 Kenora, Ontario Genealogical analysis[38]'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members