Bin Laden Bounty Hunter Gary Faulkner Wants Some Reward Money!

Does Gary Faulkner Deserve Some of the Reward Money?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/04/how-close-did-bin-laden-hunter-get/?hpt=P1&iref=NS1

How close did bin Laden hunter get?

t1larg.bin.laden.hunter.cnn.jpg

Gary Faulkner went to Pakistan to hunt for Osama bin Laden last year. Now he reportedly wants some of the $25 million reward.

...Chitral to Abbottabad is roughly about 300 miles, according to Google Maps technology, indicating about a "7-hour" drive. Yeah right. To put the distance in perspective, according to Google, the two places are about the same distance as Atlanta, Georgia, to the Florida Panhandle.

Of course, much of the Pakistan route is undriveable because of foothills and mountains. The area is also said to be inhabited by fiercely independent tribes.

While Faulkner has talked to CNN in depth much of the details about his trip remain secret. What we do know is that he wants some of the $25 million reward money that was offered for bin Laden's kill or capture.

"I scared the squirrel out of his hole, he popped his head up and he got capped," Faulkner told ABC News this week, referring to bin Laden's death. "[U.S. officials] were handed this opportunity on a platter from myself," he was quoted as saying.

Faulkner also told ABC reports news that assertions that bin Laden had been holed up in his compound in Abbottabad were not true.

"He hadn't been living there for no damn six years," he told ABC. "I absolutely flushed him out."...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF3IpNU1Yu8[/ame]

I voted for the Emus!

The only people who deserve the money is the brave SEALS that carried out the mission and shot him in his left eye.

JMO

Give it to the seals :) Also, wasn't there some guy on FB who posted exactly where OBL was before the raid? Give him some dosh too!

MOO

Mel

He called Bin Laden a "squirrel". HeHe. This guy is missing a few nuts.

I voted for the Emu's too.

I was thinking of 911 the other night and ran out into my yard screaming and hollering. Now I know and you know, that obl heard that. And hearing that scared him so badly that he called the white house and said come get me.

I WANT MY SHARE OF THE REWARD!

Voted Emus but the Seals and their families are the only ones who deserve it.

for sure the emus. This dude is coocoo for coco puffs.

I was thinking of 911 the other night and ran out into my yard screaming and hollering. Now I know and you know, that obl heard that. And hearing that scared him so badly that he called the white house and said come get me.

I WANT MY SHARE OF THE REWARD!

Why do I have a feeling that story is true? :rolleyes:

im curious about a few things...

who offered the reward, and was it 'for information leading to capture' or 'dead or alive'?

can the seals get the reward at all? (since it was a military thing)

i voted for them lollypop crazy emus...lifetime supply!

im curious about a few things...

who offered the reward, and was it 'for information leading to capture' or 'dead or alive'?

can the seals get the reward at all? (since it was a military thing)

i voted for them lollypop crazy emus...lifetime supply!

The United States put up the reward.

The United States put up the reward.

Something tells me the Seals won't see a penny (just my hinky meter). They work for the USA and were told where to go. They didn't necessarily "find him" IYKWIM.

I sure would like to see them get a portion of the reward for risking their lives, but in times past, rewards often go by the wayside. I think that was why the US was so keen on finding him first, vs. any other country.

Again, just MOO

Mel

As for this guy with the beautiful hair, Faulkner, he is evidently off base on OBL living in that house since 2005.

I saw some guy on CNN with the utility records for the house and the account was opened up in 2007 and ran with no changes till the present.

Good thing the guy has better hair than his whistle, eh?

xox

Something tells me the Seals won't see a penny (just my hinky meter). They work for the USA and were told where to go. They didn't necessarily "find him" IYKWIM.

I sure would like to see them get a portion of the reward for risking their lives, but in times past, rewards often go by the wayside. I think that was why the US was so keen on finding him first, vs. any other country.

Again, just MOO

Mel

I believe the reward was offered for "information leading to OBL"

To UPDATE my post above I heard today on CNN that OBL's wife had lived in that home for 5 years which would mean a 2006 move in date for her.

I'm sure that house is a mansion by local standards but it sure looked dirty and uncomfortable. There were lots of people living there so I was surprised the yard was basically weeds. Maybe they don't care about such things in the Middle East. :waitasec: It could be too they wanted it to be inconspicuous.

Hi Steely. Thanks for the thread ;}

To UPDATE my post above I heard today on CNN that OBL's wife had lived in that home for 5 years which would mean a 2006 move in date for her.

I'm sure that house is a mansion by local standards but it sure looked dirty and uncomfortable. There were lots of people living there so I was surprised the yard was basically weeds. Maybe they don't care about such things in the Middle East. :waitasec: It could be too they wanted it to be inconspicuous.

Hi Steely. Thanks for the thread ;}

BBM

It's not like Osama could go out with a lawn mower and wave to the neighbors while they walked by. :seeya:

No one performing their military duty should ever get a reward like this. As far as this guy, if the government used information he furnished, he should be compensated, but it should not be public information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123