1231 users online (180 members and 1051 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Or maybe it is so contentious in the jury room, they want a long lunch break just to calm everybody down.

Reading a jury, is like trying to read goat entrails, to forecast tomorrows weather.....

I know people here often like to bring up other cases to point out similarities to this one (young, abaroa, the various petersons) so along that same line of thinking I think the trial of the Edenton Seven deserves a look as well. You may find some very disturbing similarities.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson168.html
    Hoisted with his own Petard

just a different slant but... If you are NC's Family or BC for that matter, wouldn't this request infuriate you? The family wants some closure, they've waited two years. BC wants to hear what his fate is, I think this request would have to be accompanied by some serious life or death reason they could not eat a lunch in and get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown403 View Post
    just a different slant but... If you are NC's Family or BC for that matter, wouldn't this request infuriate you? The family wants some closure, they've waited two years. BC wants to hear what his fate is, I think this request would have to be accompanied by some serious life or death reason they could not eat a lunch in and get this done.
    i so agree...........it's been ridiculous throughout the trial..........

notes galore, bizarre requests, "wanting their lives back"..........pretty disgusting imo and i posted so yesterday...
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

Evidence request from jury (put together using news and video research from other posters as well - sunshine for the DEF customer loyalty recs). Does this look correct? Does anyone has better specifics for the phone records?

STATE#s 2,3 (crime scene photos)

NC upper back
    NC lower back

STATE#5 (misidentified by jury as photo - clarification request)

VFD dispatch report 7/14

STATE#6 (misidentified by jury as photo - clarification request)

WCSO deputy's notes from 7/14

STATE#s 58,59,60

Det. Dismukes photos of master bathroom (shower, shower door)

STATE#s 32,303,304,321

(3) BC cell phone records - includes month of July 08 bill which was dated 8/8, (1) NC cell phone records

DEFENSE#170 (customer loyalty records HT)

the following HT purchases:
    3/18/08,milk purchased at 1:29AM
    4/27/08 Milk, bananas and green juice purchased 1:10AM

DEFENSE#4 (customer loyalty records BJs)

BJ's receipts that showed the 30 bottles of Tide purchased

Depositions: 600,601,602

BC entire 7 hour deposition for the Oct 08 civil custody case. A transcript of it that was introduced into evidence shows that portions had been redacted and withheld from the jury, which jurors are unaware of. Instead of offering the entire deposition for their deliberations, the judge told the jury he needed to know more about what they wanted. jury did not send clarification Wednesday.
    Last edited by jrb0124; 05-05-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Madeleine74 is online now Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Could be that a juror or two have appointments that were scheduled before, or kids that have appointments, we can't just assume they are going out together for a big lunch. I mean sure, we can assume that, and have a good chance of being wrong about it.

jrb, do you know if the jurors do not come back with a clarification on what parts of the depo they would like to review, the judge will just deny the request?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jrb0124 View Post
    Evidence request from jury (put together using news and video research from other posters as well - sunshine for the DEF customer loyalty recs). Does this look correct? Does anyone has better specifics for the phone records?

{snipped}

I hope I did this correctly. I wasn't aware of the two receipts bolded. My heavens did these people shop in the middle of the night often. I have been in bed at least 4-5 hours prior to these times. Wow, I didn't have missed this somewhere in the fray.

Quote Originally Posted by momof7 View Post
    jrb, do you know if the jurors do not come back with a clarification on what parts of the depo they would like to review, the judge will just deny the request?

Thank you!
    The only thing he mentioned this morning is that he felt is would be "dangerous" to solicit anything else from them re: the deposition request.

Today is the day 1 juror wanted to move their child out of a dorm...perhaps they want to check status on it since there are 4 campus's within a moments distance.
    “It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." ~Mark Twain~

Quote Originally Posted by jrb0124 View Post

STATE#s 2,3 (crime scene photos)

NC upper back
    NC lower back

STATE#5 (misidentified by jury as photo - clarification request)

VFD dispatch report 7/14

STATE#6 (misidentified by jury as photo - clarification request)

WCSO deputy's notes from 7/14

STATE#s 58,59,60

Det. Dismukes photos of master bathroom (shower, shower door)

STATE#s 32,303,304,321

(3) BC cell phone records - includes month of July 08 bill which was dated 8/8, (1) NC cell phone records

DEFENSE#4 (customer loyalty records HT)

DEFENSE#170 (customer loyalty records BJs)

BJ's receipts that showed the 30 bottles of Tide purchased

Depositions: 600,601,602

BC entire 7 hour deposition for the Oct 08 civil custody case. A transcript of it that was introduced into evidence shows that portions had been redacted and withheld from the jury, which jurors are unaware of. Instead of offering the entire deposition for their deliberations, the judge told the jury he needed to know more about what they wanted. jury did not send clarification Wednesday.
    I know that DEF170 was the HT records - I know this because I re-watched that testimony early this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by iucpa View Post
    I know that DEF170 was the HT records - I know this because I re-watched that testimony early this morning.
    Thanks, I had the numbers flip-flopped

Quote Originally Posted by kljohnson0458 View Post
    {snipped}

I hope I did this correctly. I wasn't aware of the two receipts bolded. My heavens did these people shop in the middle of the night often. I have been in bed at least 4-5 hours prior to these times. Wow, I didn't have missed this somewhere in the fray.
    You snipped much more eloquently than I did. But this is correct - I just rewatched this portion of the testimony this morning.

Sure seems to me the bulk of what they are requesting is more "state" evidence - don't know whether this is to further convince themselves of guilt or to impeach the evidence?

Anyone with experience on past trials on whether there's a pattern to discern from jury requests?

Quote Originally Posted by momto3kids View Post
    Today is the day 1 juror wanted to move their child out of a dorm...perhaps they want to check status on it since there are 4 campus's within a moments distance.
    That is the juror that was excused and replaced by an alternate.

Quote Originally Posted by kljohnson0458 View Post
    {snipped}

The first one was a Tuesday. Brad indicated in his deposition that he often worked late hours and would then go to the gym after and get home after everyone was in bed. This could have been a pick up on the way home for him. The April date was on Sunday morning. That also could have been on the way home after being out at a party or get together at a friend's house.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast