1136 users online (169 members and 967 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    I have been trying to get through the deposition again. I seem to recall that 600, 601, 602 were brought up during Mr. Rentz's testimony. But work keeps getting in the way..

Kelly

Posted this on yesterdays thread but wanted to say Thanks to all the great posts over the past 6 days. Have been away and not able to post but kept up with the reading.

Your posts and insights gave me the Cooper Trial fix I needed. Awesome information you all shared and Polk Salad Annie - wow even a great song!

You are all the best and 'thanks for keeping the lights on'.

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthinNC View Post
    I know people here often like to bring up other cases to point out similarities to this one (young, abaroa, the various petersons) so along that same line of thinking I think the trial of the Edenton Seven deserves a look as well. You may find some very disturbing similarities.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson168.html
    Thanks for posting. What happened to those accused at The Little Rascals Day Care should not be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by iucpa View Post
    You snipped much more eloquently than I did. But this is correct - I just rewatched this portion of the testimony this morning.

Sure seems to me the bulk of what they are requesting is more "state" evidence - don't know whether this is to further convince themselves of guilt or to impeach the evidence?

Anyone with experience on past trials on whether there's a pattern to discern from jury requests?
    I was actually thinking along the same lines. It is not obvious either way it seems.

When did they buy 30 bottles of Tide? Who needs 30 bottles of Tide?

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by iucpa View Post
    I am really starting to think they will return a guilty verdict on murder 1.
    same here

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    I believe the 30 bottles of Tide is over some period of time. Could be a year or more, possibly 3 or more? It does show a pattern that laundry detergent was mostly purchased at BJs (and not at HT).

I don't know if I'd equate long lunch=they are close to a verdict. I'm more inclined to believe one or more has an errand. In fact if you remember there was a note from the jury at some point in April asking if this thing was going to be done by May. I get the impression more than one has things going on this month that they need to juggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    I believe the 30 bottles of Tide is over some period of time. Could be a year or more, possibly 3 or more? It does show a pattern that laundry detergent was mostly purchased at BJs (and not at HT).
    I understand now. I was racking my brain trying to remember when that was entered.

Thank you!

Back to the 2 hour lunch. Remember yesterday, the judge was on a personal phone call and did not realize the microphone was on. IIRC, he was stating that he had an obligation at Wyatt's (?) preschool at some point today.

That could be the REAL reason. No idea, but don't really think it matters that it was him that needed the time. Please let me repeat, this is pure speculation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by momof7 View Post
    I was actually thinking along the same lines. It is not obvious either way it seems.

Kelly
    I don't think that was all in one shot, was it? I think they purchased 30 bottles of Tide over time.

I have been trying to get through the deposition again. I seem to recall that 600, 601, 602 were brought up during Mr. Rentz's testimony. But work keeps getting in the way..

Kelly
    I have listened to part 7 of the deposition many times. This is the part where Brad talks about the events of the 11th and 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    It does show a pattern that laundry detergent was mostly purchased at BJs (and not at HT).
    BJs doesn't open until 9:00 though, so if they were out and needed some immediately to start laundry, its HT.

Kelly
    It must have been one heck of a buy and I wonder what time in the middle of the night that was purchased.

I understand the explanations too Cheyenne. I guess I didn't think with small children Brad would be working quite that late at night.

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    I don't think that was all in one shot, was it? I think they purchased 30 bottles of Tide over time.
    Yes that is correct, I did not understand what the jury was requesting. I thought they were requesting the receipt. I did not realize it was the loyalty card information.

Quote Originally Posted by kljohnson0458 View Post
    It must have been one heck of a buy and I wonder what time in the middle of the night that was purchased.

I understand the explanations too Cheyenne. I guess I didn't think with small children Brad would be working quite that late at night.
    Its a customer loyalty record, a summary of specific purchases over a period of time - not a receipt from one trip.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast