1446 users online (271 members and 1175 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
Results 991 to 1,003 of 1003
    Quote Originally Posted by PolkSaladAnnie View Post

Errrrr .... what's wrong with this picture? BC & NC married ... Brad Cooper murders his wife .... in their home. Their residence. Their local domicile ... right?

At that's not domestic violence?

Oh. OK.
    The abuse discussion is prior to July 12th. Obviously if a husband strangles their wife to death, they have abused her. But this whole discussion is their relationship up to and including July 11th, 2008. But you knew this already.

Madeleine74 is online now Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Nancy told her attorney, Alice Stubbs, about the emotional abuse she was experiencing. Go back and watch A. Stubb's testimony as she details it. Various witnesses detailed the things Nancy told them. One friend on the stand described Nancy and her saying, "He's breaking me." That was in the last few weeks of her life. First he tried to break her spirit.

And then he did. Break her. Physically. It doesn't take multiple episodes of choking for some guys. Some kill the wife on their first attempt.

Jason Young tried before (suspicious car accident in a prior year) but he too made sure he got the job done in 2006.

Regardless of what term you'd like to use for it, some men do kill their wives. Spousal homicide may be a more comfortable term for those who don't believe in DV unless there is a period of months or years of black eyes and purple bruises.

Madeleine74 is online now Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    For those who would like to donate to a worthy cause (Nancy's Butterfly Fund), in which all monies go to programs run by the NCCADV (North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence), visit this page:

http://www.nccadv.org/make_a_donation.htm

Tax deductible donation and a valuable organization that is helping people across the state.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    The abuse discussion is prior to July 12th. Obviously if a husband strangles their wife to death, they have abused her. But this whole discussion is their relationship up to and including July 11th, 2008. But you knew this already.
    I am sure that everyone can agree the marriage was disfunctional. Prior to 2008, Brad was pretty much not there much. Between getting his MBA, training for his events and working he had no time for his family but he did have time for a few affairs!! I would think Nancy started to feel trapped... the financial issues were just symptoms of a marriage out of control. The state of the inside and outside of the house were also symptoms of something that is dreadfully wrong. Nancy didn't feel she had a choice here. I believe when you are living something you don't really understand how bad it is until you get out.
    This didn't happen overnight....it had been eroding over a long period of time. So you ask was it evident before July 12...I would say most certainly!!

Literary break...from writings of Clarissa Pinkola Estes Ph.D.

"The archetype of the Wild Woman and all that stands behind her is patroness to all painters, writers, sculptors, dancers, thinkers, prayermakers, seekers, finders __for they all are busy with the work of invention, and that is the Wild Woman's main occupation. As in all art, she resides in the guts, not the head. She can track and run and summon and repel. She can sense, camouflage, and love deeply. She is intuitive, typical and normative. She is utterly essential to women's mental and soul health." .....

"She is the Life/Death/Life/force, she is the incubator. She is intuition, she is far-seer, she is deep listener, she is loyal heart. She encourages humans to remain multilingual; fluent in the languages of dreams, passion, and poetry. She whispers from night dreams, she leaves behind on the terrain of a woman's soul a coarse hair and muddy footprints. These fill women with longing to find her, free her, and love her."

"She is ideas, feelings, urges, and memory." ..... "She is the source, the light, the night, the dark, and daybreak. She is the smell of good mud and the back leg of the fox. The birds which tell us secrets belong to her. She is the voice that says, " This way, this way."

"She is the one who thunders after injustice. "

Found on pages 12 and 13 in chapter Singing over the Bones
    from book Women Who Run With the Wolves 519 pages
    by Clarissa Pinkola Estes Ph.D. copyright 1992
    Not everyone can paint a realistic portrait, because it is so difficult to attend to all the details, but all of us can view the piece of work. (5,000 details in the human face)

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    Abuse was "subtle," but definitely present prior to July 11/12....and, I believe that, if you've read the affidavits you know this. NC was afraid of BC...That doesn't happen in a nurturing or respectful relationship.

For a refresher course, pop on over and read Jim Lister's description of Brad's unreasonable description of NC's plane routes and the response given to a request to change them...read the friends (I know, they were exaggerated, liars, whatever you want to call them....). Read the younger sister's description of Brad's college suicide attempt.
    Jill's:
    http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local...9110741989.pdf
    Jim L's:
    http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local...9110741989.pdf
    Others:
    http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local...affidavits.pdf

Maybe HP was right. BC was probably a little crazy and didn't know how to handle a normal relationship with anyone. BC is where he belongs...MOO...
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
    Groucho Marx

Anyone who doesn't believe Nancy was abused, thankfully has never been in an abusive relationship
    a controlling spouse is the most dangerous spouse and in the words of Nancy's Dad "this isn't going to end well" he said that when Nancy was reported missing

If you don't believe anyone in this trial ..you have to at least believe her parents

Quote Originally Posted by Tipstaff View Post
    Has anyone followed a case in the past where a defendant was found guilty, gone to jail, and then has had such a vigorous defense continue by posters/trial watchers continue after the verdict? If so who is/was the defendant? And then has that defendant ever won an appeal?
    There are always going to be people who are so anti Law Enforcement or anti government or anti-anti that they will continue to protest the findings OF THE LAW.

I know I'm also done with this case. He's guilty. Finished. THE END. Why continue to argue with these people? I suggest finding a new event to follow and leave the rest to continue to argue amongst themselves. I'm sure they'll find something to continue to disagree with.

Me? I'm going to go check out Coleman's forum and see how that all plays out.

Bye everyone. Brad's guilty, 12 good people heard all the evidence and agreed on the outcome. Time we all did the same!!

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    For those who would like to donate to a worthy cause (Nancy's Butterfly Fund), in which all monies go to programs run by the NCCADV (North Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence), visit this page:

http://www.nccadv.org/make_a_donation.htm

Tax deductible donation and a valuable organization that is helping people across the state.
    I just made a donation, and I encourage all who are moved by Nancy's story,
    those who are reading as guests or just anyone....support Nancy's legacy...it feels good to donate to an organization that is actively supporting an end to domestic violence.
    Not everyone can paint a realistic portrait, because it is so difficult to attend to all the details, but all of us can view the piece of work. (5,000 details in the human face)

Quote Originally Posted by LAWsy_ME View Post
    I just made a donation, and I encourage all who are moved by Nancy's story,
    those who are reading as guests or just anyone....support Nancy's legacy...it feels good to donate to an organization that is actively supporting an end to domestic violence.
    I prefer to donate here:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-B...12930538791917

Quote Originally Posted by macd View Post
    It took 8 clicks to zoom all the way in to that cul-de-sac.
    The 40 files collected show all 8 clicks.
    You would attribute that to a typo?

That's even less reasonable than to suggest that a CPD officer decided on his own to frame a citizen to support the town council's mission to make people think Cary is a safe place to live.
    No, I think he typed in his zip code, and then started zooming in on what he THOUGHT was his area, and it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by cody100 View Post
    I think the facts show they were in debt big time. BC's check for family law assistance bounced for lack of funds. I believe they were forced to go on a tight budget. Perhaps you can question his manner of doing it, but someone needed to tighten the belt. No one can say that NC or the kids seemed to be starving or not well maintained. IMOO
    Actually there were several affidavits indicating that BC did not give N enough money to feed herself or the children...and that they ate at other homes to suppliment nutrition.

It was July 12, 2008, when Nancy Cooper disappeared. Two days later her 1/2 naked, murdered body was found a short distance from her home. Shortly thereafter, Nancy's husband Brad was arrested for the crime. It took over two years but according to the Constitution, Brad Cooper received a fair and just trial. He was found guilty by a jury of his peers. Justice has been served.

As with every trial, no matter a guilt or innocent verdict, there are those who don't agree. Two opposing sides, the losing side will most always think the verdict wasn't fair. That's just a fact of life.

The justice system in the U.S.A. is the best in the world. It may have flaws, but that's what higher courts are for.....to find those flaws and make them ever-more fair. The appeals courts are for those that may have slipped through the cracks with unjust verdicts. The now convicted murderer is fortunate that he has that option. Nancy wasn't given a choice.

The FACTS of the case are what they are. We have hundreds of pages here on Weblseuths discussing this case. There are news articles from day one. Legal threads with all pertinent info, including affidavits, depositions, etc. It's the ENTIRE case.

Unfortunately, the Nancy Cooper Case is not unusual. It's not an abberation. Websleuths has thousands of pages filled with Nancy Coopers. Oh, the names may not be the same, but at the end of the day, they are as one. Controlling spouse, discontent, talks of divorce or separation, mysterious disappearance and murder. It all comes to one violent end. Control and intimidation is one step away from murder. No outward signs of abuse, no bruises, no 911 calls, no outward signs such an end could result. But, then again, isn't murder the ultimate control? The final statement of who's in charge? The final word of murder IS abuse.

There are no winners, just victims. Nancy Cooper is dead, Brad killed her according to the law of our land, and Nancy's friends and family must now pick up the pieces and move on with their lives. Nancy will never be forgotten and those who she left behind will see that her life meant something. With domestice violence awareness groups like Nancy's Butterfly Fund, working to prevent just ONE, if hopefully hundreds more potential victims receive a fate such has Nancy had to endure.

IF and when there is an appeal on behalf of convicted murderer Brad Cooper, there may be more to discuss here. But for now, we've reached the final chapter.

I hope that this case touched each and every one of you. Maybe it will inspire you to go out and do something. Whether you're on the guilty or not guilty side, you can make a difference. It's up to you.

Justice is served. May Nancy rest in peace. May her friends and family know that she touched so many lives. She will not be forgotten.

I'm going to lock this thread now. I hope you'll join us in another forum, another case. Unfortunately, on Weblseuths, there's no lacking of new cases and trials.

Thank you for your participation in Weblseuths. You've been a great group.

fran

PS.....there is a thread still open on the Cooper forum Post verdict discussion of evidence - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 06-14-2015 at 12:39 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67