727 users online (135 members and 592 guests)  

Websleuths News

Daisyjane is offline "All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're over the storm."

Dancing With The Stars' Hines Ward detained by police during stolen-car mix-up

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...hollywood.html

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward was briefly detained at gunpoint and handcuffed early Thursday morning in North Hollywood during confusion over a reported stolen car, according to Los Angeles police.

LAPD Sgt. Maria Morrison said Ward, a former Super Bowl MVP and currently a contestant on "Dancing With the Stars," was riding with a friend in her car when they were stopped at about 1:30 a.m. According to Morrison, the woman had reported the car stolen on April 19 because she had forgotten where she had parked it, but never canceled the report after finding her car.

Police say Ward was cooperative during the incident. He was released after the woman proved her ownership of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjane View Post
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...hollywood.html

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward was briefly detained at gunpoint and handcuffed early Thursday morning in North Hollywood during confusion over a reported stolen car, according to Los Angeles police.

LAPD Sgt. Maria Morrison said Ward, a former Super Bowl MVP and currently a contestant on "Dancing With the Stars," was riding with a friend in her car when they were stopped at about 1:30 a.m. According to Morrison, the woman had reported the car stolen on April 19 because she had forgotten where she had parked it, but never canceled the report after finding her car.

Police say Ward was cooperative during the incident. He was released after the woman proved her ownership of the car.
    So, Mr. Ward was cooperative through this situation he had nothing to do with, yet he was handcuffed and held at GUNPOINT. Wonder why......................

Quote Originally Posted by montana_16 View Post
    So, Mr. Ward was cooperative through this situation he had nothing to do with, yet he was handcuffed and held at GUNPOINT. Wonder why......................
    He was handcuffed because he was found riding in a car that was reported stolen. I cannot blame the cop for doing so either. Mr Ward is a big strong guy. LE did not know, through no fault of their own, that the car was not stolen. Plenty of cops have died after pulling over stolen vehicles. Why take the chance? Once it was straightened out they apologized and let him go. No harm, no foul, imo.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Reminds me of the story of when brit actress Kelly Brook was held at gunpoint by cops in Las Vegas during her promotional tour for Piranha 3D.