TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

image_thumb
image_thumb

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15 Thread #16

Thread #17 Thread #18

Thread #19 Thread #20

Thread #21

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information
STOP FLINGING MUD AT HOLLY'S FAMILY REGARDING THE T-SHIRTS! End of story.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.
The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here!

Can someone please clarify this for me:

The brother said he heard a scream and looked out the window and saw Holly being led or forced into the woods? I'm sorry but if this is true wouldn't you run out there and see what was going on? I have 5 sisters and if this happened I would be running out to make sure everything was ok.

Can someone please clarify this for me:

The brother said he heard a scream and looked out the window and saw Holly being led or forced into the woods? I'm sorry but if this is true wouldn't you run out there and see what was going on? I have 5 sisters and if this happened I would be running out to make sure everything was ok.

IIRC her brother never said he heard a scream. Just that he saw her walking into the woods with a man in camo that he thought was her boyfriend.
There were reports that a neighbor heard a scream, but TBI agent Helm (I believe that's her name) said she was unaware of the neighbor hearing anything or calling 911.
JMO

Bilas - He did not hear a scream, the neighbor did. He saw Holly being led into the woods...initial reports of "dragged" were incorrect....He did not get a good look at the person and actually thought her boyfriend was leading her into the woods. Locals on here have confirmed that it is turkey hunting season in TN which is both a popular activity and something undertaken in the early morning. Therefore, they assured us that it would be a pretty normal thing if your boyfriend had been hunting at that time of morning and was still wearing his camo and wanted to show you his prize....we're thinking Clint assumed something along those lines. It was only later when he went outside and saw that her car was still there and noticed blood that he became alarmed according to reports. There is confusion about who called 911. The brother did, but also someone else. There have been accounts that after the neighbor heard the scream she called the mother at the school who called him and told him to check on Holly....other reports seem to suggest he went outside later on his own, noticed these things and then called 911 and also called his mom....it is known that someone called the mom because she left the school and LE stated she was there when they arrived.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

an interesting description of a suspect in local home invasions in this article link:

Police Looking For Burglary Suspect
3/2/11
Investigators are searching for a suspect they say is breaking into area homes in broad daylight.
The suspect is described as a white male, around five feet, eleven inches to six feet tall with a stocky build, ruddy complexion and sandy brown hair.
Sheriff Wyatt says the suspect is also being linked to a number of home invasions in Henderson County
http://www.decaturcountyonline.com/article.asp?art=1692

an interesting description of a suspect in local home invasions in this article link:

3/2/11
Investigators are searching for a suspect they say is breaking into area homes in broad daylight.
The suspect is described as a white male, around five feet, eleven inches to six feet tall with a stocky build, ruddy complexion and sandy brown hair.
Sheriff Wyatt says the suspect is also being linked to a number of home invasions in Henderson County

Well now, this is interesting & creepy:( Description fits our guy, but I wish they would have given some more details. Dates and times would be nice. Also, were these houses in the boonies w/woods behind them?

3/2/11

Good Job Jabber. I've been thinking. :lol: What if LE thinks they have their man in jail already. It could have been for anything random. I wonder if we can see the bookings in the county. If they are listed by day or if you have to have names. It might be an interesting exercise to go back and see who has been arrested.

Thanks grandmaj:) Wish I knew how to find records, I wonder if Holly surprised him while he was going to break in?

3/2/11

I think that there is a chance that LE may have the person in jail for something else. Good work scanning over other crimes, and thanks!

That being said, it's a huge jump between carefully entering someone's house (while your truck is outside), stealing jewelry and carefully sealing the home back up to the HB case.

It appears to be a planned abduction without an apparent immediate mode of escape. You would think the home intrusion perp (who liked nobody to be at home) would at least assume one person is at home if they came upon the house with at least one car still at the residence. The Bobo's had no close-able garage to my knowledge.

Oh, and that article from the Examiner said this J Nickell's claimed he lived 3 houses down from Holly's house. I wonder if there's an empty home there? Aren't there several houses empty around Holly's? Could he also be breaking in homes and robbing people? Maybe that's his employment. LOL

I wish I hadn't read that dumb article now. I'll be better by the morning I'm sure.

Oh, and that article from the Examiner said this J Nickell's claimed he lived 3 houses down from Holly's house. I wonder if there's an empty home there? Aren't there several houses empty around Holly's? Could he also be breaking in homes and robbing people? Maybe that's his employment. LOL

I wish I hadn't read that dumb article now. I'll be better by the morning I'm sure.

If he doesn't live anywhere near Holly, it is even stranger/scarier, as he is putting himself in the area...maybe in case he or his car had been seen?

The comment was made in the recent news article that Nickel's home was about 22 miles from the Bobo's home by the road...but could be reached within 15 minutes through the woods, by a person familiar with the area. That gave me pause.

Surely LE has walked through the woods in Nickel's direction.

I was new to WS before the HB case, but have now read through a good bit of the missing persons cases here. I noticed that in a good many of them, the reports usually contain:

1. where they were last seen and who saw them last
2. what they were last wearing
3. belongings they might have had with them. A great percentage of cases state whether they had their cell phones/wallets/ID/credit cards with them and whether there was any activity on these items after the last sighting
4. mood/personality of the victim. I notice cases specifying that the person's last FB status, tweet, or other mood indicator is shared, along with any personal interaction with the persons last seeing them, such as "She left in a good mood just like every morning." or "The victim was last seen arguing with a family member/friend, etc."

Is it common for cases to only cover 1 & 2, and leave out details regarding 3 & 4? I'm not finding many cases that haven't reported that the missing person's cell phone location. Of course, I realize LE might have very good reasons to contain said information, but I just wish we knew if she had been recently distraught, what her last FB/social networking statements were, and what belongings she is thought to have with her.

I wish LE would say he was ruled out for sure, in some way. He seems to meet the criteria pretty well, also the "description" issued. But it's not good news at all, if he is the one.

I was new to WS before the HB case, but have now read through a good bit of the missing persons cases here. I noticed that in a good many of them, the reports usually contain:

1. where they were last seen and who saw them last
2. what they were last wearing
3. belongings they might have had with them. A great percentage of cases state whether they had their cell phones/wallets/ID/credit cards with them and whether there was any activity on these items after the last sighting
4. mood/personality of the victim. I notice cases specifying that the person's last FB status, tweet, or other mood indicator is shared, along with any personal interaction with the persons last seeing them, such as "She left in a good mood just like every morning." or "The victim was last seen arguing with a family member/friend, etc."

Is it common for cases to only cover 1 & 2, and leave out details regarding 3 & 4? I'm not finding many cases that haven't reported that the missing person's cell phone location. Of course, I realize LE might have very good reasons to contain said information, but I just wish we knew if she had been recently distraught, what her last FB/social networking statements were, and what belongings she is thought to have with her.

Welcome to WS...
And no, it is not common for LE to withhold quite so much as they are in this case; they did tell searchers to be on the look out for various items, a purse, books, a phone, but nothing was described and no photos of similar objects displayed as is sometimes done. Also it is kind of unusual not to know where she had last been, ie Tuesday evening, that sort of thing. We all hope there is good reason to hold back so much in this case...but are beginning to wonder, at least I am.

I wish LE would say he was ruled out for sure, in some way. He seems to meet the criteria pretty well, also the "description" issued. But it's not good news at all, if he is the one.

Lots of times even when LE has identified a suspect it can take a while to nail them down....Scott Peterson for example....so they could be looking at this guy. Wish we had a atty on this thread like there are in some others, but I think once LE identifies a person as a suspect the procedures change and there are certain rights afforded to suspects....so even if they like him for this there may be a reason for not naming him....

Something just hit me today. My husband used to be a service/delivery tech for a bottled water company. He drove all over several counties here in Ohio as his territory fixing coolers....coolers in businesses, coolers in private residences...and also hospitals since they use them when they need water to be sterile. Because of this, my husband knows how to get anywhere around here....he's better than GPS, lol....this could be a person who drives around all day on his job...service tech, salesman, etc. Someone like that could know many areas well and might be able to troll for a potential victim during the day while actually driving around on their job.

So, along these lines....the house that is for sale....whether it's occupied or not, lots of people try to spruce up properties they are trying to sell...and spring is the time to do it....could this be a roofer, landscaper, etc. who was working at that property who first saw her that way?

IMPORTANT - safety tip I just came up with today and thought I'd share:

If you are a Droid user I strongly suggest downloading the app Plan B. It is a free app. I lost my phone yesterday and I couldn't find it anywhere....I was going to have to start retracing all the places I had been and tearing my whole house apart when I decided to see if there was any kind of locate app I could use. Sure enough I was able to go to the Droid marketplace and download plan b to my phone without actually having my phone. Once the app downloaded it sent a message to my e-mail with the GPS location of my phone...if will send you several messages over the next ten minutes if your phone moves. (My phone had somehow fallen under my daughter's carseat when I was getting her in/out of the car....would never have looked there!) So once it showed my house I at least knew I hadn't left it at a restaurant or store, etc. If you want to track it beyond the ten minutes you just borrow someone else's phone and text "locate" to your phone and it does it all over again.

Although it's meant to find your phone, think about how useful this would have been if Holly had had a Droid and LE had been able to do this and access her e-mail in that first hour! So I think I'm telling all my girl friends to download this app and give your e-mail password to one trusted person, husband, mom, sister, etc. This could really save lives!

IMPORTANT - safety tip I just came up with today and thought I'd share:

If you are a Droid user I strongly suggest downloading the app Plan B. It is a free app. I lost my phone yesterday and I couldn't find it anywhere....I was going to have to start retracing all the places I had been and tearing my whole house apart when I decided to see if there was any kind of locate app I could use. Sure enough I was able to go to the Droid marketplace and download plan b to my phone without actually having my phone. Once the app downloaded it sent a message to my e-mail with the GPS location of my phone...if will send you several messages over the next ten minutes if your phone moves. (My phone had somehow fallen under my daughter's carseat when I was getting her in/out of the car....would never have looked there!) So once it showed my house I at least knew I hadn't left it at a restaurant or store, etc. If you want to track it beyond the ten minutes you just borrow someone else's phone and text "locate" to your phone and it does it all over again.

Although it's meant to find your phone, think about how useful this would have been if Holly had had a Droid and LE had been able to do this and access her e-mail in that first hour! So I think I'm telling all my girl friends to download this app and give your e-mail password to one trusted person, husband, mom, sister, etc. This could really save lives!

What a GREAT idea! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm going to share this with my FB friends.

As far as I know, the item that was found has not been released to the public. All that's been reported is that it was a "significant" find.

When I went into town on Wednesday, I was told by some locals that the cell phone was found in a rock quarry....I wouldn't take that as gospel, and don't know what "significance" it would have one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk