990 users online (166 members and 824 guests)  

Websleuths News

Question Ads loading slowly

I'm having problems in the last day or so with the ads loading the board really slowly. Is this due to increased server traffic with the upcoming trial of Casey Anthony?

Also can I request the notice for the TV program be in a smaller font? It's taking up a huge portion of my screen... Thanks
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Admin has been monitoring the server. We did notice it was slow earlier today.

And I'm passing along the second request to the bulletin monitor.

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    I'm having problems in the last day or so with the ads loading the board really slowly. Is this due to increased server traffic with the upcoming trial of Casey Anthony?

Also can I request the notice for the TV program be in a smaller font? It's taking up a huge portion of my screen... Thanks
    LinasK, you beat me to it! The ads have really been dragging, takes forever to load a page. I have a very fast connection so I know it's not on my end.
    Wouldn't it be great if the Caylee Forum could 86 the ads for the duration of the trial?
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

It's very slow for me as well. I do have an older computer, and notice that doubleclick usually shows up at the bottom when it's so slow here on WS and on other sites as well. Some sites online when I browse are very fast and some with plugins and ads are very slow or impossible. Is it because of the older computer?

I am not supposed to have ads on my pages, but I keep getting an Amazon.com rolling ad on the right side of my screen. I have tried everything I know to do and cannot make it go away. It is very distracting for me when I am trying to read.

Can anyone help me, please? Thanks so much!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Thanks for this thread I thought it was just mine. Having problems with ads loading slowly too.

I didn't want to complain cause I thought it may be due to the amount of people on WS and I am just thankful WS has kept the site going with all that traffic. But did notice when it wasn't as traffic busy ads were still loading slowly.

Thanks again.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    I am not supposed to have ads on my pages, but I keep getting an Amazon.com rolling ad on the right side of my screen. I have tried everything I know to do and cannot make it go away. It is very distracting for me when I am trying to read.

Can anyone help me, please? Thanks so much!
    Yes my dear we will get rid of it for you. Adnoid is the genius behind the ad free pages.

Please be patient becaues it might be a few days.

Thanks,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Thank you, Tricia!

Thanks again, Tricia and adnoid! The pages are ad free again!

My computer is faster now also!