Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why Has DT "Lost" their Jury Consultant??

somewhere between incredulous and disgusted
    Maybe the guy decided that he didn't trust JB to cut him in a fair share of the "slave wages."

Sorry, still can't believe JB SAID that to His Honor.
    If no link is provided it's a good bet it's simply

Those who try to bring you down are already beneath you.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

NG had a prominent Jury consultant on last night- she asked him what was the truth- did RG quit or not? ( they were showing a statement from RG saying WFTV's report of his leaving was false) and he said he was called by the DT to see if there was any way he could help them as RG had up and quit. He was outspoken about RG, said it was absolutely unconscionable to quit at the last minute over money- RG knew from the first that she was indigent with no JAC funds for a consultant. He likened it to a Surgeon walking out as he was to begin surgery on you. Said he got the publicity he wanted from the Jury program and that was it...
    He said the DT had been calling everyone asking for an urgent replacement, but his schedule was full...

Maybe there was a deal if he did 48 hrs, he would get paid for that..afterall that was a big splash of Casey is innocent project. I suspect he didn't get all the money he asked for...or was promised.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Maybe there was a deal if he did 48 hrs, he would get paid for that..afterall that was a big splash of Casey is innocent project. I suspect he didn't get all the money he asked for...or was promised.
    I am sure he was contracted with 48hrs for a set fee and was paid according to contract. They couldn't just not pay him...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

We know that Baez would not have paid him, JAC and judge said no to payment for jury consultant. Therefore, the only way he would have been paid was to receive some sort of payment from 48 Hours, which was either paid directly to Gabriel or paid "in a backwards sort of way". If I understand correctly, the State would have considered this "payment in kind". Could this have created a problem in some way, since Gabriel claimed he was working pro-bono? Perhaps the situation became that he would not have been paid at all, by anyone, if he continued on as jury consultant for the defense?

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steadychick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    NG had a prominent Jury consultant on last night- she asked him what was the truth- did RG quit or not? ( they were showing a statement from RG saying WFTV's report of his leaving was false) and he said he was called by the DT to see if there was any way he could help them as RG had up and quit. He was outspoken about RG, said it was absolutely unconscionable to quit at the last minute over money- RG knew from the first that she was indigent with no JAC funds for a consultant. He likened it to a Surgeon walking out as he was to begin surgery on you. Said he got the publicity he wanted from the Jury program and that was it...
    He said the DT had been calling everyone asking for an urgent replacement, but his schedule was full...
    I think there is a distinct possibility that the DT wanted to replace RG but did not want to cut ties until they got someone else on board.
    If it's true that they were telling other jury consultants that RG walked out on them,when he did not,I think we will see another complaint to the FL Bar .

Always ,just my opinion

SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
    JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

Sorry if this has already been said, but Richard Gabriel's website still states:

" Mr. Gabriel has assisted counsel in the O.J. Simpson, Heidi Fleiss, Phillip Spector, Enron Broadband, and Whitewater trials, and is currently working with attorneys in the Casey Anthony matter."

I guess "working with" is different than "hired by", though, isn't it?

http://www.decisionanalysisinc.com/i...iles&Itemid=55

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capri For This Useful Post:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../06/ng.01.html

"GRACE: ......Straight out to Robert Hirschhorn, renowned jury consultant himself. Robert, we have been told a lot of jury consultants were contacted to take Gabriel`s place. Were you contacted?

ROBERT HIRSCHHORN, JURY CONSULTANT (via telephone): In fact, I was, Nancy. Great to be back on your show. For a jury consultant to walk out on the defense on the eve of trial is unconscionable. He knew going into this that it was a pro bono case. He knew going into it it was a death penalty case. Jury consultants that do that kind of work realize that those -- the jury selection takes anywhere from a week to a month. He knew going into it. He got the benefit of the publicity, but he didn`t want to do the work. Shame on him for walking out on the eve of trial."

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Capri For This Useful Post:

Well according to JP at one of the hearings regarding the jury selection and what not JP asked why they would need a Jury Consultant when they have Mr Mason I am also positive JP also said he knows he is more than qualified to select a jury, stroking mr masons ego a little lol x

So not really a big deal if thats whats happened I just think Mr Mason will be pissed that he will actually have to do something other than get up, waffle a little nonsense, tell everyone their wrong then sit down with a smug look on his face like the cat that got the cream jmo

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to angeldust For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    This is where Mason finally becomes useful to the defense team, he's been there before.
    Right, he's fully qualified as a jury consultant. Only problem is the last jury he seated took 3 weeks. Guess he better work fast!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capri For This Useful Post:

Do we have anything from WFTV confirming 100% that Gabriel is off the Anthony case? When I watched Nancy the other night there was a little statement from Gabriel indicating it was not true.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Casey's Defense Loses Jury Selection Consultant

WFTV maintains the consultant has left the DT, but Baez told Kathi Belich it is not true. Link is from WFTV.com.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Americka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Americka View Post
    Casey's Defense Loses Jury Selection Consultant

WFTV maintains the consultant has left the DT, but Baez told Kathi Belich it is not true. Link is from WFTV.com.
    Well, perhaps we will know tomorrow.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Lillian Glass : Why did defense team's jury consultant suddenly quit at the last minute?

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblo...st-minute/?amp

A lot of "maybe's" in her reasons why, but ultimately she says:

"Whatever the reason he is no longer on the team. Initially I was very concerned that there would be an unfair playing field with him at the jury selection helm because the prosecution had no jury consultant on their team. Now that he is gone, there is a much better chance that there will be a fair trial for Casey Anthony in terms of what jury has been selected."
    www.drlillianglass.com

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capri For This Useful Post:

They need him, he doesn't need them- the CBS program gave him millions in free advertising. I'm sure he's booked solid with paying clientele.
    Understood. I'm just wondering if Baez agreed to pay him, and he never did. If that's the case, then no matter whether or not he's making big bucks elsewhere, I think he would have left if he wasn't getting paid what Baez promised him. That's what I think happened, but... JMO.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to crucibelle For This Useful Post:

So now that they've started, do we know for sure if they have the consultant or not?
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelmom For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234