1535 users online (223 members and 1312 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NV - Las Vegas, WhtMale 513UMNV, 45-60, hanged from billboard, Jan'97

Unidentified White Male
    Doe Network Case File 513UMNV
    Clark County Case Number #97-0314

The victim was discovered on January 19, 1997 in Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada.

Cause of death was: Suicide

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/513umnv.html
    http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/c...spx?uni_id=125 *Warning! Postmortem Photo at Link!*

Vital Statistics

His estimated age is between 45 - 50 years old
    The Doe Network lists his approximate height and weight as 5'8"; 177 lbs. The Clark County Coroner lists it as 70 and 177 lbs.
    He had brown hair (4 inches) and brown eyes. Surgical absence of appendix.
    His dentals are available
    He was wearing a beige trench coat, black suit, brown belt, blue sweater, black shoes, and white shirt. He also wore a yellow metal wristwatch (Seiko brand).
    Photo of his possessions

Case History
    On January 19, 1997, the decedent was found hanging on a frame of a billboard near the intersection of Spring Mountain and Industrial Road. It appeared that the decedent committed suicide and that he did not want to be identified. He possibly was from Europe.

I cannot find his listing on NamUS. I am not really sure why they believe that he might be from Europe.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-06-2013 at 03:34 AM. Reason: the photo of his belongings was not showing

I was wondering if he could be Robert Elmer Allison from Pennsylvania? Mr. Allison's hair looks lighter than the suicide victim, yet he was depressed at the time he went missing.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/863dmpa.html

Michael Jose Malinowski weighs less than the unidentified man, but I wonder if he could be a possibility. He is covering the lower part of his face in the photo, it is hard to tell.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2287dmpa.html
    Last edited by Ambercat; 06-23-2011 at 07:01 PM.

This may be sort of a long shot because of the distance involved (but LE did think he may have come from Europe) --

Esuberanzio Mariotti, who disappeared from Bassiano, Italy on November 27, 1996.
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1849dmita.html

Odd, at Doenetwork it says white male, at Clark County it says black male.

Quote Originally Posted by branwynbreeze View Post
    Odd, at Doenetwork it says white male, at Clark County it says black male.
    I remember that from when I typed the original post and thought it must be a typo because the decedent really doesn't look black (there is a postmortem photo on the Clark County website). NamUs lists him as a white male too.
    https://identifyus.org/cases/9009 (Warning! Postmortem at link!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambercat View Post
    I am not really sure why they believe that he might be from Europe.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    probably something to do with the glasses or clothing he was wearing. sometimes they will specify that certain dentistry is from a certain part of the world but I saw no reference to that here.

Could it be that he is not circumcised? Perhaps that's why they feel he may come from elsewhere other than USA.
    Last edited by branwynbreeze; 09-29-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: To add a word.

Tiny 1/2 inch scar over the body of the right brachioradialis.
    (According to his namus profile under scars and marks.)

I googled and the brachioradialis is one of the muscles that flexs the elbow. Yeah, I know that doesn't help much. It seems odd though that they would note a tiny scar on his elbow, but not the appendectomy scar. There had to be one, since his appendix had been surgically removed.
    A lot of emphasis has been put on his watch, but I'm wondering if maybe the knife might be the more distinctive of his items.
    I also wonder how they came to the conclusion that he is European, and what they know about him that led them to believe that he didn't want to be id'ed. Was there a note, or is it just that he didn't have ID on him? This one seems to have a lot of missing pieces...
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by branwynbreeze View Post
    Could it be that he is not circumcised? Perhaps that's why they feel he may come from elsewhere other than USA.
    I thought that, too, but I was sort of shy to bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Tiny 1/2 inch scar over the body of the right brachioradialis.
    (According to his namus profile under scars and marks.)

I googled and the brachioradialis is one of the muscles that flexs the elbow. Yeah, I know that doesn't help much. It seems odd though that they would note a tiny scar on his elbow, but not the appendectomy scar. There had to be one, since his appendix had been surgically removed.
    A lot of emphasis has been put on his watch, but I'm wondering if maybe the knife might be the more distinctive of his items.
    I also wonder how they came to the conclusion that he is European, and what they know about him that led them to believe that he didn't want to be id'ed. Was there a note, or is it just that he didn't have ID on him? This one seems to have a lot of missing pieces...
    If that's the case (that he came to Las Vegas from somewhere in Europe), it would be really great to know if there were any guests who left their belongings in their room and failed to check out around the time of his suicide. I guess he could have checked out prior to killing himself and just threw away or abandon whatever belongings he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambercat View Post
    I thought that, too, but I was sort of shy to bring it up.
    Took me some time going back and forth before I posted it.

I wanted to add that on his NamUs page, James Bradford is listed as the only rule-out. It also looks like they revised some parts of his description, elaborating about his hair
    Wavy graying-dark brown/black approximately 4" long
    the description of his eyes has also been revised to
    Hazel with a brownish cast
    More details to his clothing have also been added
    Beige trench coat, beige underwear, black pinstriped suit, black and red neck tie, white shirt, blue sweater, Socks, black shoes
    It goes on to explain that
    Eyeglasses found in one of the coat pockets
    Also, his DNA is
    Full STRs and mtDNA uploaded to national CODIS

I searched NamUs for missing people who wear glasses recently (actually for a UID in Anaheim, CA) and came across Francisco Calle, who I think really looks like this UID.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13549/80
    Francisco Calle went missing from Pembroke Pines, FL on March 16, 1991. So if this is him, I wonder what he was doing during all that time?

Yesterday, I e-mailed the Clark County Coroner's office and asked why they believed that this particular UID was from Europe. I received a response from Rick James, Coroner Investigator, that really surprised me --

Our records indicate that on January 19, 1997, the decedent was found west of Industrial Avenue, north of Spring Mountain, hanging from a billboard (within the structure). A suicide note was found. He had indicated that he did not want to be identified. He claimed both his parents were deceased, he had not spoken to any of his family in over 10 years and he had destroyed or disposed of all of his personal belongings and identification. He had lived in many different countries and had been educated in Europe. Notation from our since retired pathologist - "Review of the suicide note would indicate that he was not British. His use of the English language is not consistent with the conventional British education. He claims to have been born and educated in Europe but he does not specify which country/countries. He states that during the past 30 years, he has lived on three continents and worked in many cities. This is at least consistent with his age in his fifties." We sent his prints to BHS Homeland Security along with local and FBI nationwide AFIS and there were no matches.
    In retrospect, I was looking through missing persons reports that were much too recent.

Seems like if he didn't want to be identified, he wouldn't give away where he was from, so perhaps the Europe thing is a red herring?
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast