1146 users online (233 members and 913 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OK - Two dead, 6 hospitalized after taking 2C-E, Seminole County, 7 May 2011

One dead, seven hospitalized after ingesting unknown substance
    One person has died and seven more have been hospitalized after ingesting an unknown substance early Saturday, officials said.
    ---
    Emergency responders were called to a home in a rural area of Seminole County between Konawa and Maud about 1:30 a.m. where they found a group of young adults under the influence of an unknown drug, Hignite said.

Seven people between the ages of 19 and 25 were taken to local hospitals.
    more at newsok.com link above

How frightening! There's so much junk out there, who the heck knows one thing from another. Crazy to risk that, imo. Hope these folks pull through.

an update, this from KOCO:

2C-E Overdoses Kill 1, Sickens 7
    Investigators Arrest 1 Man On Suspicion Of Murder
    KONAWA, Okla. -- Seminole County deputies said they are investigating an incident in which eight adults went to hospitals after ingesting a drug known as 2C-E and one later died.

Chief Deputy Todd Hignite said all eight people are between the ages of 18 and 25.

One woman was pronounced dead after being taken to Integris Hospital in Seminole. Her name has not yet been released.
    ---
    Investigators said at least two of the patients were in extremely critical condition.
    ---
    more at link above

Apparently, this is only the second U.S. death reported due to abuse of 2C-E. The first was in March, in Minnesota. Here's the Star Tribune's simplified version of the drug:

What is 2C-E?

Name of Ada victim in apparent drug overdose released (newsok.com)

KONAWA —
    ---
    Anastasia “Stacy” Marie Jewell, 21, of Ada, was pronounced dead at Integris Seminole Medical Center, Seminole County Chief Deputy Todd Hignite said.
    ---
    more at link

Requiescat in pace, Anastasia.

sigh, it is such a scary world out there. I know some will take this the wrong way, but I will feel so blessed if all my younguns experiment with when they are older is pot.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Anastasia's obituary.

http://adaeveningnews.com/obituaries...ASTASIA-JEWELL

RIP dear young woman.

Ada man arraigned Monday in Seminole County drug death (Daily Oklahoman)

---
    Weddle on April 26 bought one gram of 2C-E powder for $120 from a website, District 22 Drug and Violent Crime Task Force Agent Josh Dean wrote in a probable cause affidavit. Weddle told investigators the drug is supposed to cause effects similar to the drug Ecstasy.

The drug arrived at Weddle's parents' post office box Friday, and Weddle, Jewell and Andrew Akerman, whose age was not released, went to Jewell's house in Ada to dilute it in a liter of water, Dean wrote.

Weddle took about 45 milliliters of the mixture home with him, and Jewell and Akerman took the rest to a party, according to the affidavit. Jewell and Akerman were to sell the drug for $15 for 15 milliliters, and it was then supposed to be further diluted in 20 ounces of water.

Weddle and Akerman were to split the profits from the drug sales, Dean wrote.
    ---
    Much more at Daily Oklahoman link above, including conditions of the survivors.

There's a Facebook page which has an account of "what went wrong" by someone who was at the party if one looks around for it. Sort of ghoulish to read it though.

http://newsok.com/911-calls-reveal-t...rticle/3566991

I poked around facebook after your post wfgodot and I CAN NOT believe the attitudes of some of the people involved in this. I have a feeling some of them haven't learned a thing through this experience.

There's a good chance I'll get blasted for this but give those kids Darwin Awards. Taking a drug you barely know about from someone who barely knows how to prepare it is so dumb that the gene pool is better off without them. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    There's a good chance I'll get blasted for this but give those kids Darwin Awards. Taking a drug you barely know about from someone who barely knows how to prepare it is so dumb that the gene pool is better off without them. JMO
    Sometimes I think people want to take stuff "to say" that they took it. They don't really care what it is as long as they can get high off it. Crazy if you ask me.

Second person dies after Oklahoma designer drug party
    KONAWA — A second person who became sick after ingesting a designer drug during a party near Konawa has died, authorities said.
    ---
    Andrew Steven Akerman, 22, of Konawa, was one of eight people who took the drug 2C-3 on May 7. His girlfriend, Anastasia “Stacy” Jewell, 22, also died from the drug. Six other people from the party were hospitalized. All but one has been released. ---
    Akerman was a computer science student at East Central University. He interned at Finely and Cook, a Shawnee accounting firm.
    more at newsok.com link above

Young people will always experiment. From going fast in a vehicle to trying some chemical. They trust their friends more than common sense. I was always taught to think of the outcome first. IMO It really helped me to make more rational decisions.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

Having made some pretty stupid decisions during my rebellious teen years, I can only be extremely thankful that the crowd I was in was not so wordly as to be experimenting with anything beyond alcohol and pot.

I got into enough trouble (not with LE but with parents) just playing with those things. It is a much scarier world today. Drug use seems so much more prevalent in middle America and with young people now. That coupled with the plethora of drugs to choose from, just wow.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast