GUILTY MN - John Heuer for kidnap, sexual assault of 8yo girl, St Paul, 2011

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
John Craig Heuer is in jail on suspicion of kidnapping an 8 year old girl from a laundromat. The child was taken to Heuer's home and sexually assaulted. Thankfully the little girl fled the home when Heuer went to the bathroom.

O.K. this is seriously frightening. He kidnaps a little girl and takes her home? What could he have done on the road? Police said they found items of clothing from children which could be "trophies" and it is possible there's been other victims.

Heuer claims the child is a prostitute:banghead::banghead::banghead:. He said he negotiated a price with the child's mother of $100.00 and that police would find his DNA all over the child. Sick SOB. The child was able to lead police back to a row of townhomes where Heuer lived and provide information about his vehicle and pick him out of a line-up.

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/121247454.html

Are there any posters who know if there are missing little girls along that trucker's route? Brave little girl.

There is another thread for this little girl in "Located Missing", she's a Hmong child and was taken from a laundromat. I don't know how to post the link to another thread while in the message board, sorry.
The first time he grabbed her the mother pulled her away and he left...then she got busy with her laundry and the child was playing with her sibs near the front door and he came back and grabbed her again. A sister told Mom but this time he got away.

*** I had to come back and edit. Her name is in the other thread so I put it here but then reading the latest newspaper accounts I realized they hadn't used it and realized I shouldn't/couldn't here either.

As much as I do NOT want to believe that this child was prostituted, I'd think that a thorough investigation involving interviews with the child and her sister can set that straight. Whatever happened, this little girl showed wisdom beyond her years by escaping.

This simply cannot be the first time.

I don't like the comment in Filly's link from LE, "We're not shopping for victims". That could have been stated a little more delicately, IMO.

I don't know if he just moved to/from Spring Lake Park but I find him in Minneapolis on 78th Ave. NE. That's also the location where he was found hiding under a vehicle. Spring Lake Park looks to be a suburb, 14 miles out from the city center. The article said that the child identified the townhouse where she was taken to.

I too am disturbed by the LE statement "we're not shopping for victims"

God forbid we go the extra mile to find out if this man has kidnapped, bought or raped other small children in order to insure justice is done and this freak stays behind bars for the longest possible term. Think of all that pesky investigation and the associated paperwork!

sigh. So since this won't be prosecuted, yet again those who wish to claim human trafficking does not exist here in the good ole USA as it has never been "documented" will be allowed to continue to bury their collective heads in the sand.

sigh. So since this won't be prosecuted, yet again those who wish to claim human trafficking does not exist here in the good ole USA as it has never been "documented" will be allowed to continue to bury their collective heads in the sand.

Why exactly won't be prosecuted? I don't see any reason for it not be prosecuted.

I don't know if he just moved to/from Spring Lake Park but I find him in Minneapolis on 78th Ave. NE. That's also the location where he was found hiding under a vehicle. Spring Lake Park looks to be a suburb, 14 miles out from the city center. The article said that the child identified the townhouse where she was taken to.

I just google mapped it and 78th Ave. NE runs through Spring Lake Park. It's a suburb on the northeast corner of Minneapolis. Maybe they don't have a post office in SLP so they use the Minneapolis and have it zipped to SLP.

I wonder why you think it won't be prosecuted, I didn't read anything that makes me think that. Also, she wasn't human trafficked, she was kidnapped/abducted out of a laundromat.

As much as I do NOT want to believe that this child was prostituted, I'd think that a thorough investigation involving interviews with the child and her sister can set that straight. Whatever happened, this little girl showed wisdom beyond her years by escaping.

This simply cannot be the first time.

I don't like the comment in Filly's link from LE, "We're not shopping for victims". That could have been stated a little more delicately, IMO.

They may have said they aren''t "shopping" for victims. But they seem to be working it. According to the second link, they have sent the info to LE"s along the known routes he had and they are looking for previous jobs he had to get those routes. And they say they are checking the *advertiser censored* to see if they can separate out the known *advertiser censored* victims pics from the pics he had. That would give them pics of possible new victims. So hopefully they are doing what they say they are doing.

But I do agree that the way the comment was worded could be offputting to any possible victims out there who might be considering calling in.

I wonder why you think it won't be prosecuted, I didn't read anything that makes me think that. Also, she wasn't human trafficked, she was kidnapped/abducted out of a laundromat.

I agree I don't see evidence of trafficking. Yeah he said that he paid the mom, but I don't see him as credible. Mom called and reported her missing, IMO she would be more credible. And the first article says that he lured the girl by saying he would show her his puppy.

At this point there is also no evidence that he sold her to anyone else. She escaped from him that same night, so I don't think he had time to tire of her for himself.

And with the other evidence in the home, I would guess this guy is a serial rapist. And he doesn't seem to be specific about the ages of his victims as some of the underwear found in the home looked to be for adults.

If mother actually sold the child, then she wouldn't have called the police and Amber alert wouldn't have been activated to find the child. So, I don't for a second believe his claims. By the way since the child is 8, it wouldn't be legal to molest the child even if he actually bought the child.

Had this one confused with the 15 year old who was found in a motel and claimed she was being held there as a human trafficking victim. That victim is refusing to cooperate because she fears reprisal. Threats were made against her life. Her captor/pimp has been released.

My bad.

I hope this man is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Based on what I have seen in the Shaniya thread (mom still walking free, no movement as far as prosecuting her) I am a bit jaded perhaps.

ETA not that I for one moment believe that mom actually sold this child. In this instance, I think this did exactly what mom reported. As I said, I had this one confused with the 15 yr old case (was reading both simultaneously).

If mother actually sold the child, then she wouldn't have called the police and Amber alert wouldn't have been activated to find the child. So, I don't for a second believe his claims. By the way since the child is 8, it wouldn't be legal to molest the child even if he actually bought the child.

absolutely agreed.

What a smart brave little girl! Reminds me of Shasta Groene. Real survivors.

Shasta never run away. Duncan and her were found eating in a restaurant.
Considering what Shasta went through, she must have been too terrified to try and run away.

Shasta never run away. Duncan and her were found eating in a restaurant.
Considering what Shasta went through, she must have been too terrified to try and run away.

I didn't claim they were identical, I simply stated she "reminded me of" I felt they were both survivors, brave and smart. Both did what they needed to to survive, both had the presence of mind to note the details and both were forthright and instrumental in tracking down the perpetrator and working with law enforcement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back