1086 users online (240 members and 846 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What has ICA told the DT and what do they believe?

What has ICA told the DT happened to Caylee and what do the DT believe happened with Caylee.

I am curious about what people think the answer is to this question. Ostensibly, the DT is working for free. Not only that but JB has at least two staff attorneys and other office staff that he his paying out for whilst he is apparently in financial troubles himself. And then, as stated by Richard Hornsby in a recent post it is unclear why he took the case in the first place (at that point the case was not high profile and ICA had no to little money). So it would make sense that they believe she is innocent.

But then again Defense Attorneys usually tell there clients to tell them the truth as I understand it (the ethics rules are slightly more lax as I understand in the US than over here for representing a client who insists on pleading not guilty despite admitting guilt to his lawyer).

IIRC one of the first things she did was lie to JB about the state of her bank balance. I don't remember the exact sum, but she told him she had something in the region of 14K in the bank. Which coincidentally was how much her grandmother actually had in the bank at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    IIRC one of the first things she did was lie to JB about the state of her bank balance. I don't remember the exact sum, but she told him she had something in the region of 14K in the bank. Which coincidentally was how much her grandmother actually had in the bank at the time.
    Interesting: do you have a link to discussion to this?

I am curious to how this got released: I very much doubt that JB released the info.

I don't believe anyone knows the whole truth of what actually happened to Caylee, except Casey herself. However, she may have told them something along the lines of an accident to try to mitigate her responsibility, along with other untruths regarding her parents, again to try to help herself. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by uklaw View Post

I am curious to how this got released: I very much doubt that JB released the info.
    This was all released in the doc dumps.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

IIRC it came from George Anthony, when he was first interviewed by LE.
    He did not like or trust JB from the start and was discussing this when they asked how she came to hire him- GA said someone in the jail recommended him to her and she supposedly told him she had $1400 cash up front to give him - with several thousands more in the bank- at that point GA says as far as I know she has no money, well apart from stealing from me and my wife (paraphrasing here).
    I'll see if I can find a link later.

I don't know about the finances, but I assume she lied to the defense team initially, and later "confessed" that Caylee died in a horrible accident that she felt compelled to cover up with the Zanny story.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

Thanks ZsaZsa

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    This was all released in the doc dumps.
    You know more specifically where?

There are a LOT of document dumps

What has ICA told the DT happened to Caylee and what do the DT believe happened with Caylee.

I am curious about what people think the answer is to this question. Ostensibly, the DT is working for free. Not only that but JB has at least two staff attorneys and other office staff that he his paying out for whilst he is apparently in financial troubles himself. And then, as stated by Richard Hornsby in a recent post it is unclear why he took the case in the first place (at that point the case was not high profile and ICA had no to little money). So it would make sense that they believe she is innocent.

But then again Defense Attorneys usually tell there clients to tell them the truth as I understand it (the ethics rules are slightly more lax as I understand in the US than over here for representing a client who insists on pleading not guilty despite admitting guilt to his lawyer).
    I believe the law is that an attorney cannot lie in court about his client. So if he tells the judge she is innocent of murder, she cannot have told him she killed her child or he would be lying. If KC told JB it was an accident than he can say she is innocent of murder and that would be because she told him it was an accident. If a client "spills the beans" usually the attorney will get someone else to take over the case because they cannot represent her as innocent knowing the truth. Hope that is clear. jmo

You know? With as many people as the defense has literally tried to pin this crime on... all the different scenarios... I can only imagine what Casey has told JB throughout all these years? Jesse Grund was a huge target early on and for a long time. Then came along Roy Kronk and now it appears they are playing with the idea of George?

I have never actually thought about what Casey might have told her defense? It's a really good question. If I wasn't at work () right now (thankfully it is slow)... I would be able to think a little more about this.

LambChop, I think you are right.
    Some defense lawyers do not want to know whether their client is guilty or not, and they tell the client that they are only there to ensure that they get a fair trial. Some will not represent anyone unless they believe they are innocent.
    I think JB took this case because he recognized the potential for it to bring him a certain amount of fame. It may not have been as high-profile right then, but the case was already pretty well known, at least in FL, by the time he came on board.
    I believe that they will try to say that Caylee's death was a horrible accident, that Casey did not intentionally kill her, but something happened and she found her dead. And I am not sure whether they will have to specify exactly what happened, or just make references to a tragic accident. I would think they need to be specific, but I don't know that much about trial law.
    We will see. But for all intents and purposes, I believe Casey's defense team believes she is innocent. I could be wrong. Will Casey ever admit what happened? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    LambChop, I think you are right.
    Some defense lawyers do not want to know whether their client is guilty or not, and they tell the client that they are only there to ensure that they get a fair trial. Some will not represent anyone unless they believe they are innocent.
    I think JB took this case because he recognized the potential for it to bring him a certain amount of fame. It may not have been as high-profile right then, but the case was already pretty well known, at least in FL, by the time he came on board.
    I believe that they will try to say that Caylee's death was a horrible accident, that Casey did not intentionally kill her, but something happened and she found her dead. And I am not sure whether they will have to specify exactly what happened, or just make references to a tragic accident. I would think they need to be specific, but I don't know that much about trial law.
    We will see. But for all intents and purposes, I believe Casey's defense team believes she is innocent. I could be wrong. Will Casey ever admit what happened? I doubt it.
    Well, everyone but CM because he has as much said so publicly. lol jmo

I don't think they have ever asked her exactly what happened. I think they have looked at her inital interview and then maybe have "led" KC to statements that fit with that. Thus they may know bits and pieces of the truth, and bits and pieces of the concocted story.

In their hearts I believe they know. But that won't be what they work with and they wouldn't have solicited KC to tell them the whole truth.

You know more specifically where?

There are a LOT of document dumps
    It would be in one of the first LE interviews with George.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast