What has ICA told the DT and what do they believe?

uklaw

Reaction score
What has ICA told the DT happened to Caylee and what do the DT believe happened with Caylee.

I am curious about what people think the answer is to this question. Ostensibly, the DT is working for free. Not only that but JB has at least two staff attorneys and other office staff that he his paying out for whilst he is apparently in financial troubles himself. And then, as stated by Richard Hornsby in a recent post it is unclear why he took the case in the first place (at that point the case was not high profile and ICA had no to little money). So it would make sense that they believe she is innocent.

But then again Defense Attorneys usually tell there clients to tell them the truth as I understand it (the ethics rules are slightly more lax as I understand in the US than over here for representing a client who insists on pleading not guilty despite admitting guilt to his lawyer).

IIRC one of the first things she did was lie to JB about the state of her bank balance. I don't remember the exact sum, but she told him she had something in the region of 14K in the bank. Which coincidentally was how much her grandmother actually had in the bank at the time.

IIRC one of the first things she did was lie to JB about the state of her bank balance. I don't remember the exact sum, but she told him she had something in the region of 14K in the bank. Which coincidentally was how much her grandmother actually had in the bank at the time.

Interesting: do you have a link to discussion to this?

I am curious to how this got released: I very much doubt that JB released the info.

I don't believe anyone knows the whole truth of what actually happened to Caylee, except Casey herself. However, she may have told them something along the lines of an accident to try to mitigate her responsibility, along with other untruths regarding her parents, again to try to help herself. MOO

I am curious to how this got released: I very much doubt that JB released the info.

This was all released in the doc dumps.

IIRC it came from George Anthony, when he was first interviewed by LE.
He did not like or trust JB from the start and was discussing this when they asked how she came to hire him- GA said someone in the jail recommended him to her and she supposedly told him she had $1400 cash up front to give him - with several thousands more in the bank- at that point GA says as far as I know she has no money, well apart from stealing from me and my wife (paraphrasing here).
I'll see if I can find a link later.

I don't know about the finances, but I assume she lied to the defense team initially, and later "confessed" that Caylee died in a horrible accident that she felt compelled to cover up with the Zanny story.

What has ICA told the DT happened to Caylee and what do the DT believe happened with Caylee.

I am curious about what people think the answer is to this question. Ostensibly, the DT is working for free. Not only that but JB has at least two staff attorneys and other office staff that he his paying out for whilst he is apparently in financial troubles himself. And then, as stated by Richard Hornsby in a recent post it is unclear why he took the case in the first place (at that point the case was not high profile and ICA had no to little money). So it would make sense that they believe she is innocent.

But then again Defense Attorneys usually tell there clients to tell them the truth as I understand it (the ethics rules are slightly more lax as I understand in the US than over here for representing a client who insists on pleading not guilty despite admitting guilt to his lawyer).

I believe the law is that an attorney cannot lie in court about his client. So if he tells the judge she is innocent of murder, she cannot have told him she killed her child or he would be lying. If KC told JB it was an accident than he can say she is innocent of murder and that would be because she told him it was an accident. If a client "spills the beans" usually the attorney will get someone else to take over the case because they cannot represent her as innocent knowing the truth. Hope that is clear. jmo

You know? With as many people as the defense has literally tried to pin this crime on... all the different scenarios... I can only imagine what Casey has told JB throughout all these years? Jesse Grund was a huge target early on and for a long time. Then came along Roy Kronk and now it appears they are playing with the idea of George?

I have never actually thought about what Casey might have told her defense? It's a really good question. If I wasn't at work :)crazy:) right now (thankfully it is slow)... I would be able to think a little more about this.

LambChop, I think you are right.
Some defense lawyers do not want to know whether their client is guilty or not, and they tell the client that they are only there to ensure that they get a fair trial. Some will not represent anyone unless they believe they are innocent.
I think JB took this case because he recognized the potential for it to bring him a certain amount of fame. It may not have been as high-profile right then, but the case was already pretty well known, at least in FL, by the time he came on board.
I believe that they will try to say that Caylee's death was a horrible accident, that Casey did not intentionally kill her, but something happened and she found her dead. And I am not sure whether they will have to specify exactly what happened, or just make references to a tragic accident. I would think they need to be specific, but I don't know that much about trial law.
We will see. But for all intents and purposes, I believe Casey's defense team believes she is innocent. I could be wrong. Will Casey ever admit what happened? I doubt it.

LambChop, I think you are right.
Some defense lawyers do not want to know whether their client is guilty or not, and they tell the client that they are only there to ensure that they get a fair trial. Some will not represent anyone unless they believe they are innocent.
I think JB took this case because he recognized the potential for it to bring him a certain amount of fame. It may not have been as high-profile right then, but the case was already pretty well known, at least in FL, by the time he came on board.
I believe that they will try to say that Caylee's death was a horrible accident, that Casey did not intentionally kill her, but something happened and she found her dead. And I am not sure whether they will have to specify exactly what happened, or just make references to a tragic accident. I would think they need to be specific, but I don't know that much about trial law.
We will see. But for all intents and purposes, I believe Casey's defense team believes she is innocent. I could be wrong. Will Casey ever admit what happened? I doubt it.

Well, everyone but CM because he has as much said so publicly. lol jmo

I don't think they have ever asked her exactly what happened. I think they have looked at her inital interview and then maybe have "led" KC to statements that fit with that. Thus they may know bits and pieces of the truth, and bits and pieces of the concocted story.

In their hearts I believe they know. But that won't be what they work with and they wouldn't have solicited KC to tell them the whole truth.

I don't think CM thinks she is innocent. I think he feels sorry for her and has taken to her as an unfortunate grandchild of his. Doesn't one of our posters here have a quote from CM as her signature where CM states that he thinks KC will go to prison, or something along those lines prior to him taking on the case? I think that is very telling.

I think he does not want to know the truth. He is just interested in what didn't happen, and to him what didn't happen was pre-meditated murder 1.

Baez is a slime-ball. He knows his 'pretty' client is guilty of killing that precious baby and he doesn't care. KC has told them a bunch of lies about GA abusing her and that Caylee died by accident.

Baez is far too smart (sorry folks, but he is) to fall for her lies. But, those lies are all she has told them. Therefore, he is legally allowed to represent the accident and my mean daddy story at the trial.

You know more specifically where?

There are a LOT of document dumps :)

In CA's state deposition on July 29, 2009 CA stated that she had told Yuri that she heard ICA, on July 16, telling Tony that she had $14,000 in the bank. It's at the bottom of page 420.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310288/detail.html

It was discussed in a thread in Websleuths that I'm trying to find. This is the quote from Tony's interview but I'm still looking for the link.

A Which baffled me you know. And the fact that she stole money from her friend too and I just like, bombarded with that information it was just too much. But ah, yeah I so I was asking her (Inaudible)... her a little bit this morning I was like, if you had fifteen.. you had this fifteen thousand dollars in the bank account. You know in another bank account that you say you have.

Q Uh-huh. (Affirmative)

A Why would you need to take money from your friends account? And she goes I needed for some kind of backup PLAN. I was like, what kind of backup PLAN you talking about. And she’s like, oh don’t.. I was like, I don’t want to hear about no back PLAN. I don’t want to hear anything that you have to say about stuff like that. And she’s like, oh no nothing like that. I’m like, I don’t... just don’t say anything about that I don’t want to hear it.

In CA's state deposition on July 29, 2009 CA stated that she had told Yuri that she heard ICA, on July 16, telling Tony that she had $14,000 in the bank. It's at the bottom of page 420.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310288/detail.html

I'm trying to find where Tony told the LE this as well in one of his interviews.

Yes, and somewhere in the buried in those doc dumps is the report listing SP's bank account that shows she had $14,000 balance in her checking account. Evidently KC still viewed her grandparents as targets. And I think the check she wrote for JB was for $5,000. That sounds about right for a criminal attorney. jmo

It would be in one of the first LE interviews with George.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/interviews/ganthony072408.pdf page 14

"GA: My, my daughter talked to someone when you guys initially incarcerated her. And I guess, who she talked to, you know, according to my daughter no, this is what Mr. Baez told me, or Jose. I'll just call him that. Says, told uhm, Jose Baez, "Oh I asked someone who's a good attorney? And she has five thousand dollars supposedly, or at least fourteen hundred of it, to give to him as a retainer to assist. ..."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back