907 users online (156 members and 751 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Daisyjane is offline "All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're over the storm."

Mr. Chaz Bono on Oprah, Mon. May 9, 2011

Mr. Chaz Bono, formerly Chastity Bono, child of Sonny and Cher, will be interviewed by Oprah on her show Monday May 9.

I thought there might be another thread about Chaz somewhere after the reality program has been airing about the transformation into a male has been playing over the weekend. Chaz seems like a very nice, sensitive, humble person. He's very respectful of his mother Cher and her feelings.

I like Chaz ..takes guts to come out and talk about such personal things .
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .

I honestly don't know what to say about this.

It's obvious to me from the interviews I've seen that Chaz has struggled with his gender issues. For that, I feel badly for him.

What confuses me is his insistence that his breasts be augmented to resemble a man's (because he really detested having female breasts), but he's ok with keeping his female genitalia, which, to me, far more identify him as a woman. I've seen many men with large breasts, but none with female genitals.

I am just flummoxed over the whole thing.

I respect an individual's very personal decision to make their outside match in appearance with what they feel like their insides are.

That said, I don't know why Chaz keeps bringing what, to me, would be a deeply personal transformation, out into the public eye.

If Chaz were some sort of celebrity or felt he owed the world some sort of explanation or whatnot I would see it. But Chaz has always been very uncomfortable with the celebrity that came with being the child of Cher. He hid from the spotlight for many years for just that reason.

The last few years he has been popping up on talk shows and whatnot to discuss his gender issues. I must wonder if this is about paying some bills rather than a genuine wish to discuss this topic so publicly. If that is the case, I wish him well and hope the finances improve, so that he can once more withdraw from the spotlight he is so obviously not comfortable with.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

It could also be about putting a voice out there re: gender issues. I cannot imagine how isolating it would feel to be trapped in the wrong body with most people calling you crazy as well as names I cannot print.

It's a way to put what celebrity he has to good use.

I understand what you are saying but Chaz has always been so awkward and uncomfortable in the spotlight, I can't help but feel like it is like a root canal for him when I watch him do these appearances.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    The last few years he has been popping up on talk shows and whatnot to discuss his gender issues. I must wonder if this is about paying some bills rather than a genuine wish to discuss this topic so publicly. If that is the case, I wish him well and hope the finances improve, so that he can once more withdraw from the spotlight he is so obviously not comfortable with.
    Respectfully snipped and BBM - I watched the documentary about Chaz, and I think it has a lot to do about the money issue (shows and what not).

In the show, his support group leader/member loaned him the $$ for breast removal surgery. He hasn't "gone all the way," as stated in the show, because that surgery isn't "perfected" enough...FWIW...
    Proud WS N-LIB

Quote Originally Posted by reportertype View Post
    It could also be about putting a voice out there re: gender issues. I cannot imagine how isolating it would feel to be trapped in the wrong body with most people calling you crazy as well as names I cannot print.

It's a way to put what celebrity he has to good use.
    I think it may be that as well although I really have a problem with questioning children's sexual preferences when they are so young. I guess he ticked off Angelina Jolie by suggesting they meet regarding 5 year-old Shiloh...

"Bono told E! News he would be happy to talk to Jolie and Pitt about Shiloh — implying the little girl, who often appears dressed like a little boy, may have gender issues as she grows older. A source told OK! magazine that Jolie believes her kids are “off limits” and finds it “perfectly normal for little girls to be tomboys when they’re that age.”

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainmen...er-issues.html

No matter what... Chaz will always be a woman.She may live like a man and look like one but she will always be a she.Surgery doesn't even change the cold hard fact of the matter.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticFringe View Post
    No matter what... Chaz will always be a woman.She may live like a man and look like one but she will always be a she.Surgery doesn't even change the cold hard fact of the matter.
    No, that was decided at conception. Her DNA will never change.
    She will never be a he.

JMO
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    No, that was decided at conception. Her DNA will never change.
    She will never be a he.

JMO
    Like I said...she will always be a female.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticFringe View Post
    Like I said...she will always be a female.
    I know. I was agreeing with you.

ITA with you.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    I know. I was agreeing with you.

ITA with you.
    Oh I know.

Remember when the big news hit that a man was having a baby?I can't remember the names offhand.That was not a man impregnated.It was a woman and it ticked me off because it was deceitful in my opinion that they had some bombshell that a man was going to give birth.It was a woman in a transgendered process that was having a baby.

Don't get me wrong...I have no problems with peoples choices and they were really nice people and I wish the very best for their family.Just don't spin it and say it was a man.

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    Go CHAZ!

...and thank you for sharing. One never knows when they'll meet a person like Chaz, at work, or socially, or even find they have a person like Chaz in their own family circle. It's good for the world to know & understand people like Chaz - and they should know they are not alone in the world.
    I know where you post.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast