1170 users online (226 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    I wonder if I should put this here?

I been searching unsolved serial murders.

I wonder if we should have a thread to compare other unsolved serial murders.

this one grab my attention

Jack The Stripper
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...r/1_index.html

this is one I wanted to post
    Frankford Slasher
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...her/index.html

snip
    The victim was nude from the waist down, according to Newton, and she had been posed in a sexually provocative position, with her legs open and her blouse pulled up to expose her breasts

that remains me of AC murders

Since I seemed to have woke up this morning dialed-in with an accurate hunch that the Manorville cases are linked to the ones in Gilgo (if you noticed, I actually posted this hunch and started this thread hours before the news broke), I'm hoping to take advantage of this mysterious state of awareness and post my next gut-feeling;

I strongly feel like these murders are not the work of a serial killer but the work of an organized crime organization.

Not the Mafia... Nope, don't feel it. But yes, an organized crime organization like a gang, a sex-slave ring, a wanna-be crime family, etc... There seems to be a very large presence of Asian, Hispanic as well as Russian sex-trade rings in the NYC, Queens, Brooklyn & Long Island area. Some specialize in prostitution, some in exotic dancers, and some in hostels disguised as massage pallors or run inside night clubs. Then of course, there are many girls who declare themselves. "independents".

With the tough economy, competition surely is intense in all industries (legal or illegal). Turf wars surely must exist. So does disloyalty, stealing, cheating, scamming, etc... IMO, these murders are the result of an organized crime group taking lives as a method of enforcing their rules, punishing those who break them, and possibly eliminating the competition. I now understand "the loop" that we charted and discussed in another thread. It is clear to me that the ****s responsible for the murders of the girls dumped in Manorville came from the West (most likey Brooklyn, Queens or maybe Nassau). On route back home they crossed over to Ocean Parkway and literally threw the heads, hands and feet out the window near Gilgo. This pattern was repeated at least twice.

The presence of the two male bodies that were dumped in that same stretch as well as the discovery of a head in a pond nearby also suggests an organized crime ring dumping ground.

The taunting phone calls to one of the victim's sisters suggest to me that one of the criminals responsible for the murders is a sick puppy who gets his kicks from that kind of sadistic behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Re:http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/...rial-killer/3/

"Taylor was an upstate New York native, last seen on the streets of Manhattan, working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal, the week before her body was found, according to police reports. She had been arrested for prostitution in Atlantic City, New York and D.C., where she had just relocated from that same month. Little else is known about Taylor; she was estranged from her family. She had been working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal between July 18-21, an area once known as the Minnesota Strip—a term coined by cops in the ’70s because that stretch of Eighth Avenue between 42nd and 50th Streets was known for prostitution, and when Minnesota passed tough anti-prostitution laws, many women left for the streets of NYC."

Commonalities of Jessica Taylor with the December Four Gilgo Beach (wrapped in Burlap):
    She worked as a prostitute
    Was last known to be working near the Port Authority
    Parts of her were disposed of on the OP and within a mile of the Four December CL women.
    She was found in an area where FOUR BODIES were disposed of. She was one of the four.
    She disappeared in JULY!
    She was petite.
    She was a brunette.
    She actually resembles ALC and MBB. Brown hair and greenish blue eyes.

From the same article: "If you live here and you knew the woods, you wouldn’t pull over and leave [a body] practically on the side of the road,” says Danny, adamant that the “Butcher of Manorville” is a butcher from somewhere else. “Unless you want it to be found.”

Her torso was dumped just to the side of the road in plain sight.
    Please explain the burlap. I didn't read anywhere about burlap @ Manorville.

I feel like it's one serial killer. Maybe someone else killed the baby but there are too many similarities between the burlap murders and Jessica. To me, these killings don't feel like 'hits'. Some of these bodies weren't found for years. If these murders were supposed to send a message, the bodies would have been found quickly and the killer would have wanted the remains to be identified.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
    Well, yes and no... From the article her body was found by a woman walking her dog... from what I can tell, somewhere in this location.

"On a Saturday morning in the summer of 2003, a woman walking her dog down Halsey Manor Road, near the Long Island Expressway overpass, took a turn down a small paved road leading to a gated sump on one side, and lined by the Pine Barrens on the other." ( link)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...5,0.00176&z=20

I could be wrong on the location... but from the description, this area does have a paved road going off Halsey Manor Road, a fenced area, and is right off LIE. If the above map is correct, it seems a lot less "in plain sight" than the spokesperson claims. Also, the other woman's body was found in the woods. Again, and imho, hardly "in plain sight."
    I am pretty sure I read that she was found on a pile of debris at the end of that little road.

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Re:http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/...rial-killer/3/

"Taylor was an upstate New York native, last seen on the streets of Manhattan, working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal, the week before her body was found, according to police reports. She had been arrested for prostitution in Atlantic City, New York and D.C., where she had just relocated from that same month. Little else is known about Taylor; she was estranged from her family. She had been working near the Port Authority Bus Terminal between July 18-21, an area once known as the Minnesota Strip—a term coined by cops in the ’70s because that stretch of Eighth Avenue between 42nd and 50th Streets was known for prostitution, and when Minnesota passed tough anti-prostitution laws, many women left for the streets of NYC."

Commonalities of Jessica Taylor with the December Four Gilgo Beach (wrapped in Burlap):
    She worked as a prostitute
    Was last known to be working near the Port Authority
    Parts of her were disposed of on the OP and within a mile of the Four December CL women.
    She was found in an area where FOUR BODIES were disposed of. She was one of the four.
    She disappeared in JULY!
    She was petite.
    She was a brunette.
    She actually resembles ALC and MBB. Brown hair and greenish blue eyes.

From the same article: "If you live here and you knew the woods, you wouldn’t pull over and leave [a body] practically on the side of the road,” says Danny, adamant that the “Butcher of Manorville” is a butcher from somewhere else. “Unless you want it to be found.”

Her torso was dumped just to the side of the road in plain sight.
    http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/...lgo-homicides/

" Taylor was last seen just weeks before working the streets near the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan, "

Jessica Taylor Maureen Brainard-Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by stillwatersc View Post
    I feel like it's one serial killer. Maybe someone else killed the baby but there are too many similarities between the burlap murders and Jessica. To me, these killings don't feel like 'hits'. Some of these bodies weren't found for years. If these murders were supposed to send a message, the bodies would have been found quickly and the killer would have wanted the remains to be identified.
    a murder doesn't necessarily have to be a 'hit' to be committed by a **** in an organized crime group.

What do sex slave rings do with their girls who accidentally overdose and die while on the job?

How would a prostitution agency react if a client called them and announced that one of their girls died while with them? Do you think they would risk the negative publicity and/or the heat from law enforcement or would they have one of their ****s "make both of them disappear and make it look like the work of a serial killer".

I still think we are all being duped into thinking there is a serial killer on the loose. Everyone is well aware of Long Island's two convicted sk's and how they prayed upon prostitutes. It would be very easy to make deaths look like they are the work of another one (when in fact they are the work of an organization).

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Just so I have this right:
    Killer 1: 4 burlap-wrapped sex workers who advertised on Craig's List
    Killer 2: 2 dismembered women left in Manorville; their hands, feet & head left on Gilgo beach
    Killer 3: Asian man
    Killer 4: Toddler girl
    ?
    Thanks for this.

I think it might be incorrect though? I don't think the toddler girl is factored into the homicide equation yet, but, I could be wrong.

Victims 9 & 10 have not had their identity released, and I *think* LE is considering Killer 4 as their killer?

So, I think Killer 4 as you posted, should be unknown Victims #9 and 10.

In March, cops uncovered body parts from victim No. 5 now identified as 20-year-old Jessica Taylor, a prostitute who disappeared in 2003. But they had already found body parts from her, miles away, years ago.

In March, they found her head, hands and a forearm. Cops say this killer went a long way to try and conceal her identity, butchering the body and even trying to remove a tattoo.

Cops say there are similarities to how the killer treated victim No. 6, who police are calling Jane Doe 6. Her body parts were also found east of Gilgo beach in early April. Police believe they were both killed by killer No. 2.

Body No. 7 is that of a female toddler wrapped in a blanket. Police say the little girl's body showed no signs of trauma.

Cops say victim No. 8 is an unidentified Asian man in his 20s. Police say he died a violent death, and his killer is most likely killer No. 3.

Police are still working to identify victims numbered 9 and 10, both found on the Nassau County side.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,4815725.story

Melissa Barthelemy

Quote Originally Posted by PickleChris View Post
    Please explain the burlap. I didn't read anywhere about burlap @ Manorville.
    Just meant Jessica's commonalities with the GB4 who were found in Burlap...not that Manorville had any burlap associated with that crime scene.

So now that we know Manorville and Oak Beach are connected, we have the following:

- female victim found in 2000;
    - female victim found in 2003;
    - female victims at Oak Beach who disappeared/were killed between 2007 and 2010.
    - an Asian male and a toddler who possibly went missing and were killed much earlier (no specific year or timeframe indicated).

What we do have is a gap in time between Jessica Taylor and the four victims at Oak Beach. Is it possible that there are more victims between 2003 and 2007 who were reported missing and have yet to be found?

I am going to look thru the MPs tonight who may fit this SK's profile, and come up with some possibles....wanted to find out what the forum thinks of this though.
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

2 Killer Theory

I did a basic timeline of all female ID'd victims.
    Name Missing Type
    JT 18-21 July 2003 Dismembered-Plactic bag
    MBB 9 July 2007 Burlap-Strangled
    MB 12 July 2009 Burlap-Strangled
    MW 5 June 2010 Burlap-Strangled
    ALC 2 Sept. 2010 Burlap-Strangled

There are still more victims to be ID and its hard to see the big picture. But the fact is the earliest victims (JT and 1 unID'd) were dismembered and dumped in plastic bags. That is one distinct pattern. Latest 4 ID'd victims in burlap and strangled. That is one distinct pattern plus one tight cluster as per the latest maps. If it were the work of 1 SK why make it more difficult to dispose of the bodies? Why switch to burlap? Why no longer dismember the victims? SK's do change their tactics, mostly if there is a problem with the murder, if the heat is on, or just practice makes perfect. None of these seem to fit. So my natural thought is 2 killers, one of them is a SK. The other is possibly a pimp, dealer or human-trafficker. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Thanks for this.

Victims 9 & 10 have not had their identity released, and I *think* LE is considering Killer 4 as their killer?

So, I think Killer 4 as you posted, should be unknown Victims #9 and 10.

I wonder if victims 9 and 10 are related to Manorville and possibly a third dumping site.

From the Adam Strictler Chat:

Claire:
    Is it certain that none of the remains found were that of Shannan Gilbert?
    Thursday April 14, 2011 12:24
    AS: It's certain that the first eight are not her. She had an unusual jaw injury we know helped police exclude her quickly from the initial finds. Police and the medical examiners also have genetic material from her and her family for comparison.
    Thursday April 14, 2011 12:26

AS: No time of death yet on the most recent six remains, and it's not even clear at this point if what they have found so far is nine or ten people. Police believe the four original women were killed soon after going missing, but there are still a lot of unknowns even about them.
    Thursday April 14, 2011 1:06
    http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking...n-li-1.2817895

If true, this would mean there are two skulls missing.

and the 9th was possibly just a torso.

Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast