Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unexcused Juror List ***LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION PLEASE***

Unexcused Juror List ***LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION PLEASE***

Hopefully this thread will be okay. It's too hard for me to wade through the current threads.

Here I would like to list all the potential jurors who have NOT been excused, listing their juror numbers, and any non-identifying demographic info about them like approximate age, and ethnic background if known, sex and employment status, family status (married, single, parent, grandparent), etc.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!!!!: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135423"]Trial and Jury Selection Guidelines ***ADVANCED REQUIRED READ*** UPDATED WITH LINKS - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Then we can discuss who we like out of these potential jurors or who we don't like. I think this thread would be handy for linear thinkers like me but it will not work if we allow it to go off topic. If it is considered inappropriately redundant, I will understand!
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Juror #1129, male, work only pays for 15 days - has enough vacation pay to pay for 6 weeks but not more. Single. He was the fifth to be considered.
    Last edited by gitana1; 05-09-2011 at 07:42 PM.

3. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Juror #1398 - an older white woman, in her 70's. Retired. She's a crisis counselor. Allergic to fragrances. "In good conscience I can't say there is anything imminent that would prevent me from serving."

5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

I thought we could not sleuth a potential juror.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to suepitzl For This Useful Post:

Juror# 1152 - single, male with a southern accent, not paid for jury service, he wrote the policy not to pay jurors. Works for a dental company?

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

I don't think this is sleuthing, this isn't digging for info on them like google or facebook ect. We only talk about what info is given that we can hear them talking. We don't know names.

MOO

Quote Originally Posted by suepitzl View Post
    I don't think anyone is actually 'sleuthing' them. No one is trtying to identify them or anything. Just discussing the potential jury make up.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by suepitzl View Post
    Please read the first post. We are NOT sleuthing potential jurors. We are discussing non-identifying info. about them gleaned from jury selection and discussing (hopefully), whether we like them for the jury, or not. I was very careful to re-post the trial and jury-selection guidelines. Sleuthing means to try to find out who they are, their names and info about them not discussed in open court which would be very much against the rules.

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for clarifying. I will wait until round 3, to see who is in. We still have Pre-Trial Publicity and the DP for potential jurors to get through.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to suepitzl For This Useful Post:

How many people, in total, did they save today?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Juror #3? (1st one). Married man, with a 7 year old daughter who would miss him. But his wife would be happy to have him out of the house for awhile! Seems motivated to serve. Works full time. He does shift work (12 hour days- supervisor), vacation plans, and his job does continue to pay while gone. He says the lack of a cell phone will be an adjustment but OK.

Not sure of juror number.
    Last edited by gitana1; 05-09-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added info

19. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

I find this an interesting thread and I feel it will be useful once the jury is seated. The Jury is so instrumental in the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    I find this an interesting thread and I feel it will be useful once the jury is seated. The Jury is so instrumental in the outcome.
    I hadn't thought about using it in that way, but that's a good idea. We could discuss what is reported about how the seated jury is responding to testimony, etc. There was a lot of talk on the radio and on websleuths about the jury for the scott peterson case and it would be nice to have it all in one place.

Please, anyone who can add to the unexcused juror list, do so!

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Not really. This is a thread for discussing (but not sleuthing) unexcused potential jurors to determine who might be great for Caylee's jury. It's not for general discussions regarding the jury selection process.

I want an easy place for people to go to learn about the potential jury so we can track who might make it on and who we want or do not want on the jury!
    I deleted ty for the thread

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Juror #1232 - male. This juror has no problem serving. Has children, married, 40 t0 50 years old, works as a manager for St. Pete Times on delivery routes, I think. His wife can care for the kids. Job will pay him during jury duty.

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Ok - I admit I didn't start my notes until juror #9 (#1124)
    So I don't have those first 3 - 4 - 5 that they asked back
    But here's the rest:

#10 (???didn't get # called) Female; no kids, is not a caretaker for anyone; is a hopsital worker

#15 (#1011) Male - has no hardships for case; is a diabetic

#24 (#1019) Male - no hardships; no financial hardship; is an IT worker

#26 (#1167) Male - it would be feasible for him to attend (hardships); retired; no medical concerns

#27 (#1055) Female - no hardship; no kids; goes to college - semester just ended so out of school for summer

#31 (#1319) Female - expressed hardship; religious hardship; doesn't want to judge anyone

#32 (#1135) - Male - no hardship; unemployed; single, young; no medical concerns

#36 (#1367) - Female - expressed hardship; is a pet sitter - self-employed; JB expressed that he was approached by this woman at lunchtime; she spoke to him in spanish

#39 (#1389) - Female - young; has 5 year old daughter; goes to school and is the breadwinner for family; does have hubby that could take care of daughter

#43 (#1407) Male - unemployed; in school; lives at home

#54 (#1394) Female - expressed hardship; is a coordinate for student nurses at local hospital; someone would probably take care of her job; has a sick father in law

#65 (#1123) Male - expressed hardship; has a trip to the Keys in June for son's high school graduation; - HHBP said something to the effect of a "Grinch stealing a high school graduation"

Now there were a few that were instructed to make a phone call about concerns and report back:

#18 (#1244) Male - said no hardship if he was compensated - told to call work and ask about pay - he did and was then excused for hardship

#20 (#1098) Male - has a Puerto Rico trip booked in June for him and wife; was instructed to call airlines and find out about rescheduling - has not reported back

#34 (#1173) Male - express hardship - was instructed to call employer and ask about pay - has not reported back

#42 (#1278) Male - expressed hardship over caring for his birds; was instructed to call his daughter and ask about caring for birds; has not reported back

ok - that's all I have.

HTH

Awesome! I will add up to number nine then!

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Juror #1312. Female, no minor children, medical professional. Going through a divorce. Will be paid by her employer. Closing on a house.

I see this person was added by WiseOldOwl so I guess we got them all for the day. Tomorrow will be day two.

I like the dads for the jury, so far, and this lady above and the lady with the college kids (#1055). I do want the the lady who said she could not judge for religious reasons.

31. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Juror #3? (1st one). Married man, with a 7 year old daughter who would miss him. But his wife would be happy to have him out of the house for awhile! Seems motivated to serve. Works full time. He does shift work (12 hour days- supervisor), vacation plans, and his job does continue to pay while gone. He says the lack of a cell phone will be an adjustment but OK.

Not sure of juror number.
    His number was #1340 (I found it on another site)
    Casey, tell the truth. It's not about you anymore. - JG

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to luvmy4brats For This Useful Post:

Love this reference thread! Thanks for opening gitana.

35. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to beach For This Useful Post:

Here are my notes on the jurors: (Please pardon typos and lack of punctuation... These were my notes in real-time)

1340 - male - middle age, white married w/ 7 yr old; manager, seems to want to be on jury

1232 - male - works for St. Pete times delivery - married w/kids no health/religious issues. Some impact on family, but wife could handle it. Not a gadget guy.

1129 - male - hardship for work - insurance compliant analyst - only paid for 15 days - could use vacation - single - 60's

1398 - female - volunteer counselor - retired - married - allergic to fragrance, trip north 29th June planned (tentative) - does not like interstate driving - 70s

1152 - male - hardship, single, not paid for jury duty, dental operations, financial hardship, 30's, probably bankrupt within 12 weeks

1312 - Female - no hardship closing for home, can be accommodated. In divorce proceedings. Wedding at end of June. Not important enough to attend. Nobody to take care of. Works at hospital, would be reimbursed for Jury Duty - like her

1011 - male - no hardship, diabetic, retired, single - hoarse voice

1098 - male going to Puerto Rico, nonrefundable tix will call airlines to see if they will reschedule

1268 - female - medical procedure - possibly excused - will call back after procedure

1019 - male - African American, no hardship, no financial, medical, family, employed IT, employer won't hassle for time off, thinks he will be paid

1167 - male - retired, may need to be transported for medical appointments. Wife volunteers for red cross gone for a month at a time. Not undue hardship

1055 - female - 20s - no hardship, has family, no children, husband no objections, student on summer break until August (chipper)

1319 - female - hardship. Doesn't want to judge. Feels religious beliefs prevent her from serving. No financial, medical, family issues prevent her from serving. (African American)

1135 - male - no hardship. Unemployed, single, no medical issues.

1173 - male - 20s. hardship. Financial. Tampa general hospital contractor. Janitor, will call employer to see if they will pay. Goes to school part time.

1367 - female - Hispanic - hardship. Sick dog. Needs to give shots twice a day. Doesn't know if they will pay for jury duty. No family concerns. spoke with Baez at lunch

1389 - female - 20s 5 yr old, goes to school as nursing student and is primary bread winner. Moving in June and husband goes to school. Needs to call HR to find out if paid. Would graduate 5 months later.

1278 - male - hardship. Has animals at home. Birds. 1 parakeet and cocktails. Maybe get one of daughters to take care of them. 20 minutes away ... Asking daughter about pets

1407 - male - no hardship. Unemployed, lives at home. Goes to school.

1394 - female - not impossible hardship. A bit of professional hardship, some people can possibly step in for her. Husband could take care of 89 year old FIL

1123 - male - hardship. Reservation and deposits for son's High School graduation June 14-17
    Last edited by luvmy4brats; 05-09-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Casey, tell the truth. It's not about you anymore. - JG

This is a great thread!

Of the jurors who've been instructed to come back on Wednesday, some will be eliminated from that group during voir dire, and we'll have a better handle on the jury make up.

I can see a few on the list that will likely be eliminated and one is the woman who stated that her religion wouldn't allow her to sit in judgement of someone. I think it's more than likely she doesn't believe in the death penalty and will automatically be dismissed.

The DT didn't like the young woman who has a five-year-old (same age as Caylee) and will seek to dismiss her.

I would like to see jurors with children seated and grandparents.
    My posts are my opinion..........

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

informative thread - will be great to have to refer back to once panel is completed thanks to all of you for your work!

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to news247 For This Useful Post:

This a great reference thread for those of us that can't watch jury selection. A great thread to come home to and catch up. Thanks

42. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ricki For This Useful Post:

First 20 called May 10, 2011 AM session

#1 #1405 - Male - exp. hardship; has a ltr from physician, pre-existing cond. can't sit for long periods - excused cause (med hrdshp)

#2 #1361 - Male - no hardship; no financial hardship; will be pd by work
    IN - ASKED BACK

#3 #1346 - Female - exp hrdshp; is a widow; hospice worker; will not be pd
    excused cause (hardship)

#4 #1001 - Male - no hardship; in school (student); no immed. plans - needs to register at Valencia for fall
    IN - ASKED BACK

#5 #1251 - Female - exp. hardship; is an elementary clsrm teacher - school ending but not at end of year yet; is a DROP retiree - needs to get paperwork done
    IN - ASKED BACK

#6 #1281 - Female - medical wkr; asked to call emp to find out if pd
    HELD - to report back after call reported back will not be pd excused for cause

#7 - #1233 Male - exp hrdshp; no family would have to baord dog and cat; is an on-call cardiac cath lab and in the middle of a surgery course that can't be stopped
    Excused cause - med hrdshp

#8 #1148 Female - exp hrdshp; has Lupis
    Excused cause - med hrdshp

#9 #1429 - Female - no hrdshp; has no computer!; retired; only med is diabetic
    IN - ASKED BACK

#10 #1439 - Female - exp hrdshp; has followed this case prev.; is in school w/ 4 yo daughter
    Excused cause - hrdshp

#11 #1311 Male - exp hrdshp; runs family business w/34 emps; father is not in good health; only has 2 dogs; had a trip to Panama planned (DT obj. saying if he could take a trip.....)
    IN - ASKED BACK

#12 #1440 - Male - exp hrdshp; runs group home for foster / abused kids
    Excused cause - hrdshp

#13 #1188 - Male - exp hrdshp; has a dying Uncle in Puerto Rico - going this Sat. also has bad nerves takes meds
    Excused cause - hrdshp

#14 #1113 - Female - exp hrdshp; has disabled husband - is sole caregiver
    Excused cause - hrdshp

#15 #1030 - Male - Vietnamese man; barely speaks English; couldn't even understand the Judge
    Excused - language barrier

#16 #1050 - Male - exp hrdshp; has new job; 10 yo daughter w/ rheumatoid arthritis; wife is unemp; will be pd by work
    IN - ASKED BACK

#17 #1432 - Female - exp hrdshp; single mom w/ 2 kids 7 yo and 10 yo; will not be pd
    Excused cause - hrdshp

#18 #1119 - Male - no hrdshp; no financial hrdshp
    IN - ASKED BACK

#19 #1025 - Male - exp hrdshp; wife unemp; 2 small kids; is a chef consultant; will be pd ; no medcial concerns
    IN - ASKED BACK

#20 #1246 - Male - exp hrdshp; mid age man; on disability; has 7 dogs; DT says no hrdshp, Perry asks CM if he wants to board his dogs! lol
    IN - ASKED BACK

ok that's the first 20
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 05-10-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast