Casey's car: Did she intend to retrieve it from Amscot or what?

allycat1208

Reaction score
I keep thinking about KC's car, the Pontiac and I can't decide if she wanted it stolen or was she intending to go back and retrieve it when she left it at Amscot. What are your opinions on this?

Would have made for a good yes/no poll.

I think she intended to have it stolen to take care of the smell problem. I think that's why she parked it near a dumpster, in front of a check cashing place, and with a tote bag in it that could've been a purse!:twocents:

I keep thinking about KC's car, the Pontiac and I can't decide if she wanted it stolen or was she intending to go back and retrieve it when she left it at Amscot. What are your opinions on this?

Hi alleycat,

I don't think she was going back to retrieve it - she just seems to have been "avoiding" the issue IMO, kinda hoping it would go away, KWIM?

Thanks for the opportunity to "post" about this case. I saw my opportunity to jump in there before the thread got too big! Haha

No. She dumped it. MOO and all that jazz...

Yeah, I think she was trying to have it stolen but it smelled too bad, even with a purse in view. Nice try KC, you underestimated your fellow thieves. mo

i think she was setting someone up( why would you leave your purse in it?)
however, i wonder IF she had the gas, would she have just driven to a remote spot, put flamable agent in the trunk, lit a match and throw it in, run like hades? definately would have destroyed that "damn body" smell.. as well as the hair w/ the "death band" in it, other evidence..sure they would probably get the VIN, track it, but by that time, ica would have quite a head start..
if she had thought of that, thank GOD she never had the chance to carry out that plan, and walk away to live "bella vita" car ran out of gas first...
far fetched, i know, but i have wondered..

Nope don't think she ever intended to go back and get it. You know with the dead squirrel smell etc. I think the stench was so bad she could not drive it any longer and just wanted out of it. She did not care if stolen or not, her thoughts was just leaving it, calling for a ride and continue on with her life. She was not very smart or not as smart as she thought she was.

I think her intent was to go back and get it. Casey being casey, she waited too long to go back and get it. She had to make sure that tl was on his way to ny before she could retrieve it so as not to have to explain why her car smelled like a dead body. What was she gonna do with the car once she got it? Idk but i think she thought she could let it air out and if it was worse by the time she got to it she was gonna try and clean it some more, and if that didnt work then dump it. But I do think she wanted and needed her car back. Amy and TL were coming back and she was gonna need her car.

Yeah, I think she was trying to have it stolen, but it smelled too bad even-- with a purse in view. Nice try KC, you underestimated your fellow thieves. mo

Agree.....and instead she had her worst nightmare; it was towed and her parents had to retrieve it from impound.
:loser:

MOO

Maybe she did intend to go back, but she backed herself into a corner with Tony. She did not want Tony getting out and looking at the car, and she couldn't tell Tony she'd just leave it there, especially if there were Tow Away Zone signs right nearby where he could see them and point that out. Nope, she told him George was gonna get it.
So, she couldn't ask him, and maybe didn't want to ask Amy to take her back there, since George was supposedly picking it up.
She had to find the time to get over there and do it so no one would know, since she had created another pile of lies to climb.
She never got that far....?

She wanted it stolen. She left her work bag in it in plain sight. If she had wanted her car, ICA would have found someway or someone to help her get it but it stunk to high Heaven. Had it been stolen someones fingerprints would of been on it and that would of been her fall guy.

i think she was setting someone up( why would you leave your purse in it?)
however, i wonder IF she had the gas, would she have just driven to a remote spot, put flamable agent in the trunk, lit a match and throw it in, run like hades? definately would have destroyed that "damn body" smell.. as well as the hair w/ the "death band" in it, other evidence..sure they would probably get the VIN, track it, but by that time, ica would have quite a head start..
if she had thought of that, thank GOD she never had the chance to carry out that plan, and walk away to live "bella vita" car ran out of gas first...
far fetched, i know, but i have wondered..

But she did go and buy a gas can with Amy, but I believe Amy was leaving that day for Peurto Rico. Maybe they had no time to go back to Amscot. I think it was there another 2 or 3 days before it was towed. So its possible she waited too long but I don't remember any of her friend's saying she even asked them to back there with her. She did however tell Amy it was gone and her father took it..so she knew it was gone..I don't understand why she would tell Amy that though....it had to be either stolen or towed because she would not have told her dad to retrieve it.

But she did go and buy a gas can with Amy, but I believe Amy was leaving that day for Peurto Rico. Maybe they had no time to go back to Amscot. I think it was there another 2 or 3 days before it was towed. So its possible she waited too long but I don't remember any of her friend's saying she even asked them to back there with her. She did however tell Amy it was gone and her father took it..so she knew it was gone..I don't understand why she would tell Amy that though....it had to be either stolen or towed because she would not have told her dad to retrieve it.

iirc she did also ask jg to get her gas/cans as well? She knew she couldnt go back with anyone just in case her car still stunk? If she saw it was gone she couldnt report it stolen because ummm she knew what she did annnndd she also couldnt call her parents for that very same reason. That is why she left her stuff in the car. She had every intention to go back and get it. all imo.

I think she was hoping the smell would go away and park it near the dumpster so no one could tell it was really her car smelling. I think she did intend to get it because she couldnt be without wheels. I really dont know what she was thinking. I still dont. Does she think she is charmed?

I have a completely different theory. She was supposed to take TL to the airport, but she couldn't take him in her car because of the smell. So, she had to have an excuse for either not taking him to the airport in her car or for why it smelled so bad, if she did retrieve it. So, she conveniently "runs out of gas", parks the car by the dumpster as her alibi for why her car smells bad, tells TL there's something wrong with it and her Dad is coming to get it. Thereby, she got out of having to take TL to the airport in HER car and then had HIS car for the week he was gone. When the car was towed, her 'problem' (i.e. smelly car) was solved.

Casey Anthony: Worst criminal in history. If she really wanted to dump the car she should have driven it somewhere remote and firebombed it. I am not sure the girl thought from one minute to the next, she may have just taken it near a dumpster to take out some of the trash in the boot then found herself 'gas free', but then who knows with her, the purse in view and the idea of having it stolen may have popped into her head once she realized she couldn't drive it, so the 'oh maybe someone will steal it' plan was probably put together without much forethought.

As was with most things this girl did.

Yeah, I think she was trying to have it stolen but it smelled too bad, even with a purse in view. Nice try KC, you underestimated your fellow thieves. mo
I think this sums it up nicely.

I have a completely different theory. She was supposed to take TL to the airport, but she couldn't take him in her car because of the smell. So, she had to have an excuse for either not taking him to the airport in her car or for why it smelled so bad, if she did retrieve it. So, she conveniently "runs out of gas", parks the car by the dumpster as her alibi for why her car smells bad, tells TL there's something wrong with it and her Dad is coming to get it. Thereby, she got out of having to take TL to the airport in HER car and then had HIS car for the week he was gone. When the car was towed, her 'problem' (i.e. smelly car) was solved.
AAHHHH!!! Her problem just begun.

I believe that she wanted it to be stolen. And was asking people to help her get a gas can and take her there so they would be a witness to the fact that it was gone.....and if that didn't work, then on to another plan or just on to another day and think of a plan then....or not make another plan and hang out with bf.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back