TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap
image_thumb
image_thumb

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15 Thread #16

Thread #17 Thread #18

Thread #19 Thread #20

Thread #21 Thread #22

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information
STOP FLINGING MUD AT HOLLY'S FAMILY REGARDING THE T-SHIRTS! End of story.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.
The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here!

And you still have America's Most Wanted, who is at least supposed to work closely with LE to some extent, still preferring the sensational, with the "dragging" and the "home invasion" on their site...after a month of LE denying those two terms.

To be fair to AMW, which seems to have done much good when working closely with LE, TBI has not issued a press release making those corrections (though they have of course done so orally). Perhaps a phone call would do the trick. A television show can be an excellent tool in an investigation. As it stands, this TBI press release is still the only one which mentions anything about the crime as it unfolded:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
APRIL 13, 2011

MISSING WOMAN FEARED TO BE VICTIM OF HOME INVASION KIDNAPPING

Nashville, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office are actively looking for leads in a possible home invasion and abduction of a 20-year-old Darden, Tenn. woman from her home this morning.

Holly Bobo was last seen by a family member being drug across the carport of her home on Swan Johnson Road toward a wooded area by a man wearing camouflage clothing. Holly is 5’3”, weighs 110 pounds and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans at approximately 7:30 am. The TBI’s Violent Crime Response Team is responding to gather evidence at the scene. Currently, there is no vehicle information available. Anyone with information in the whereabouts of Holly Bobo is urged to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

The other press releases, the latest as of this moment dated April 19, can be found here:

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/press_release.shtml

To be fair to AMW, which seems to have done much good when working closely with LE, TBI has not issued a press release making those corrections (though they have of course done so orally). Perhaps a phone call would do the trick. A television show can be an excellent tool in an investigation. As it stands, this TBI press release is still the only one which mentions anything about the crime as it unfolded:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
APRIL 13, 2011

MISSING WOMAN FEARED TO BE VICTIM OF HOME INVASION KIDNAPPING

Nashville, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office are actively looking for leads in a possible home invasion and abduction of a 20-year-old Darden, Tenn. woman from her home this morning.

Holly Bobo was last seen by a family member being drug across the carport of her home on Swan Johnson Road toward a wooded area by a man wearing camouflage clothing. Holly is 5’3”, weighs 110 pounds and was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans at approximately 7:30 am. The TBI’s Violent Crime Response Team is responding to gather evidence at the scene. Currently, there is no vehicle information available. Anyone with information in the whereabouts of Holly Bobo is urged to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

The other press releases, the latest as of this moment dated April 19, can be found here:

http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/press_release.shtml

There is no such word as "drug", its "dragged"

Something I don't get, why was the lunch bag / duct tape found and a backpack wasn't found?

When I was in school I never went to class without a backpack. I'm assuming it wasn't in the car, or next to it or else the brother would have likely cited that as a reason for concern. Something along the lines of "I saw her backpack next to her car."

What does an abductor do with (potentially) the heaviest thing the victim is carrying? You would think they would have her drop it early on in the abduction. That would have left a trail to follow, and that meant that the lunch was not in the backpack.

Thoughts? Did I miss something and the notebooks were next to the vehicle?

i agree stolly. i would have expected many of the items to never have made it out of the carport, and i find it quite odd that they were found so far away.

One thing I do not understand with this case, in particular; LE has asked people to consider odd behavior of people they know, car washing, etc...but never asked for anyone who had seen Holly in the day or two leading up to the 13th to contact them. In most missing persons cases, LE would want to interview people who had seen her or had contact with her, in case someone had noticed anything unusual as far as an unknown vehicle that followed her, a person who left when she left, etc...even if they do have a suspect, (of which I am doubtful at the moment) they would require witnesses to any events that might have led up to the abduction and memories do not improve with time.

What is the big deal about where Holly was on Tuesday, for instance? Or whenever she last left the house? How could making that information known, or at least asking for it without making it known, compromise the investigation?

Originally Posted by Some Beach from Thread#22

I'm not at all certain how anybody is judging that somehow the local law enforcement could be doing more than they are doing.

I too, am disappointed that they haven't released more information to the public, it might help me to sleep at night...or NOT. But I have to believe that there is indeed a methodology in play here and they ARE experts and professionals that know what they're doing....and in the end, this isn't about me or what "I" want.

My post from Thread #22 where I referred to the Kim family tragedy, the awesome strides in technology that sometimes go unused due to lack of knowledge or training, as well as tactics that were spoken about in others posts in Thread #22,more specifically tactics already proven positive to assist in bringing resolution to a case as well as justice served on the perp..

All of those relevant and valid points that I posted were not in any way being judgemental nor even the least bit of disrespect toward anyone but rather were discussing the very valid issue that it is proven positive in cases when new, non-routine[so to speak] SOPs are used involving the community...{I'll not waste space repeating what was discussed in the last thread..it is easily accessible for anyone interested}

Again this was spoken about at length in the last thread..my post was only 1 that briefly touched on the use of new tactics involving community..Just as my post was in no way judgemental, disrespectful, or any other negative connotation so too were none of the other posts discussing this issue..All a relevant discussion..

Not sure what this statement means or is referring to..
.and in the end, this isn't about me or what "I" want.

But want to be very clear in my personal statements to which this above statement was made as a REPLY.. When "I" speak of what "I" personally may wish or hope for.. My adult discussions about ways that saving one, single, solitary life is worth any new changes, new tactics, and using today's up-to-date technologies..Sadly it wasn't done in the Kim Family's case though I certainly believe that afterward there were great lessons learned and they made the changes necessary to keep the same tragedy from occurring again..

Those changes are necessary..That is not being judgemental..That is stating fact..with our massively growing technologies change and keeping up with and being trained in the use and know how is necessary..IMO those changes are being done little by little, jurisdiction by jurisdiction.. What "I" stated that "I" wanted for there to implemented a type of mandate that would be in place to make certain that ALL JURISDICTIONS ARE UP TO SPEED.. If not IMO one loss of life is TOO MUCH and IMO unneccesary when we have the technology, the people willing to train others, and the ability for all LE agencies to be up to speed..

That is what "I" want..and what "I" want is in no way about me either..It is about those babies and those children that are on an extremely fast growing long, long list that there is not resolution for them or for their loved ones left behind..Nor has justice been served on the evil that abducted, abused, and murdered another person's child..

The list that Miss Holly Lynn Bobo is now on..The list that every parent's worst nightmare is for their child's name to be listed on..

When "I" personally speak about what it is that "I" hope for..or what "I want" it is not about me AT ALL.. It is about those missing, their loved ones left without peace of their child being brought home to them dead or alive, and living the never ending nightmare of the pain&anguish that is felt day in and day out from just NOT KNOWING..Those are why "I want" and discuss such topics.. in hopes there doesn't have to be unimaginable numbers of children still yet to add to that ever growing list of "Missing"/"NOT FOUND"..

No selfish or self-serving motives will be found that "I" discussed or stated that "I" want and/or hope for...

One thing I do not understand with this case, in particular; LE has asked people to consider odd behavior of people they know, car washing, etc...but never asked for anyone who had seen Holly in the day or two leading up to the 13th to contact them. In most missing persons cases, LE would want to interview people who had seen her or had contact with her, in case someone had noticed anything unusual as far as an unknown vehicle that followed her, a person who left when she left, etc...even if they do have a suspect, (of which I am doubtful at the moment) they would require witnesses to any events that might have led up to the abduction and memories do not improve with time.

What is the big deal about where Holly was on Tuesday, for instance? Or whenever she last left the house? How could making that information known, or at least asking for it without making it known, compromise the investigation?

You bring up an excellent point.. Did you happen to read the article in "Ticklethewire.com" Re:Holly? it's the Feds online website that often have articles by extremely experienced and knowledgable Federal agents on cases such as Holly's and they went into detail about how it was imperative that investigators not only use the community in searches but in other ways such as what you are speaking..What was Holly doing in those days and weeks leading up to her abduction..

He said use the community and ask the entire community to go back to the last 30 days of their life and write down your timeline..write down anywhere you saw Holly at, crossed paths with her, or were with her..Have everyone do this who had any interaction with her in the last 30 days if even just in passing..It will put Holly at certain and specific places..certain and specific times..around certain and specific people..

He said this was key to solving Holly's case and that it must be done ASAP..He said any of the network leads would most likely play themselves out very quickly and this task involving the entire community is what should be done..Again stating it was key to finding Holly..

Lotsa good info and a great article..Am off to find the link now for any interested that may not have yet read it..

BRB..

Here's the link definitely worth a read IMO..
http://www.ticklethewire.com/2011/04...ursing-student

im fairly certain that no information/identity was released regarding this today.

When just now reading your post I thought there must be a mistake in what you were saying.. I had a chance earlier today to just pop-in here for a brief moment and my entire reason was to see if the body had been Identified{as I've had just a gnawing feeling about this body found}..I read thru the last page of posts and saw it posted that the body had been positively identified and even gave the woman's name and age..I haven't given it another thought until just now when reading your above post..

And sure enough now in going back to Thread #22 where I read the post identifying the woman by name and age and you are indeed 100% correct that there has not been news of ID on Cumberland River body out of Nashville.. Someone had corrected the poster who had mistakenly confused another case and another body with the female found on Riverfront in Nashville by the dive team..

OMG!! I guess I have not been relieved of the thoughts of it possibly being Holly..Where did the info come about the female being a younger female[another post in this thread stated this info]..anyone know where or who released that info? That makes it even more worrisome if infact accurate..

Thanks for the info tho..Am sad though that it has not yet been resolved yet that it is not Holly..Will have to wait and pray..

Thread 23
for our dear Holly
bless & keep you and your loving family.

smoothop - i have only seen news sources say that the body is female, i have seen people post that they have heard "younger" and that the hair was reddish blond, but i havent seen those details reported at any news sites.

ok, now i cant even find the link that says it was a female body, can anyone?

thing is - i went to the only link i ever had and i swear it said woman before, and now it does not. can anyone confirm this?

im virtually sure that this is the link i went to, and it said woman/female;

http://www.wsmv.com/news/27815195/detail.html

EDIT - ok i found the link that says investigators say it is a woman's body , sorry to go on about this since it might not even be related.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14595923/dive-team-discovers-body-in-cumberland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10