Website
www.facebook.com
temple_christopher.jpg
temple_christopher_ap.jpg

Missing Since: April 22, 1990 from Bath Township, Michigan
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: May 18, 1972
Height and Weight: 5'7, 130 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Temple has a small scar on his nose. He wears contact lenses. Temple's nickname is Chris.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black t-shirt with a rock band's logo imprinted on the front, a faded denim jacket and jeans.

Details of Disappearance

Temple was camping with four friends in Bath Township, Michigan on April 22, 1990, prior to his high school graduation. He was last seen at the Rose Lake Recreation Area on the campground at approximately 9:00 p.m. They had made a campfire there and Temple walked into the surrounding woods and never returned. He has never been heard from again. He was a senior at East Lansing High School at the time of his disappearance.

Temple was initially believed to be a runaway by authorities, but it is now suspected that foul play may have been involved in his disappearance. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Bath Township Police Department

517-641-4050

I wonder it anyone has re-asked the people he was camping with at the time? I wonder if Christopher indeed ever left the camping ground. Cell phones were in their infancy so its unlikely he phoned someone and got them to pick him up later in the evening

He could have had an accident/gotten lost in the woods and his body was never found. Or he had an altercation with the people he was camping with and came to harm. Or they did drugs together, he OD'd and the others disposed of his body. I doubt he just took off voluntarily and hasn't contacted his family and friends for such a long time.

This is a real mystery. Just one of those cases with very little information or clues. I put Chris on my signature to try to bring some attention to his case. I would love to bring him home to his family someday.

LID

I did some googling on this kid and the first thing i saw was actually a WS thread about another person:

Originally Posted by amazing-sea-monkey
I have not started a thread about Chris, however, I worked in downtown East Lansing at the time he went missing. I remember it very well as I was right in and around his parents' shoe store and there were posters up in every window. My aunt is very much into collecting and gathering wildflowers, so she is very familiar with the Rose Lake Nature Area and she is the one that told me of all the marshy areas. She said you could easily sink and drown and that it is much like quicksand. She called them marshes with "False Bottoms." She said that once she was there collecting flowers and the ground was actually moving beneath her feet!! She is NOT one to exaggerate, so I take this as gospel truth. Anyway, I do remember them finding a tennis shoe believed to belong to Chris or proven to belong to him, I can't remember which and all the speculation that he met his fate right then and there. It seems to me also that the parents have laid quite low in all this. I don't see them on the news, etc. You don't see it reported about or even mentioned on crime stoppers or anything as far as cold cases go. Yes, several areas in Michigan do have bogs, quicksand I call them. There is a little village near me called Pewamo. In Pewamo there is a brook/creek called "Stony Creek." My husband, myself and my brother in law were fishing by Stony Creek one day and I went to jump from the edge of the water to the bank. It was quicksand/marsh land and I sunk in IMMEDIATELY all the way to my waist. I was panicking terribly as it was too dense to crawl out of. It was the most horrifying feeling. The more I pushed with my feet the quicker I sank, there was no ground, it was bottomless. My brother in law helped me get out. I remember this one silly detail... I had shiny spandex pants on and it took the sheen right off them!! Later on a farmer told us that he had lost a cow in all that marshland. Scary but true... Ahhh... Michigan- Loving all four seasons! and yes Damn right I'M A SPARTAN!

does anyone know if that shoe thing is true??

OHHH A SPARTAN HUH, GO BLUE!

Thank you so much for that post. I absolutely and totally agree, and have seen for myself the "false bottoms" you speak of. I actually grew up in the South Lyon area, on the border of Oakland, Washtenaw and Livingston counties. Still very rural and not to much to do. In high school we would throw parties out in the empty marshlands and fields with our boots on. the further out we would go the less LE would try to come and take our beer kegs. I remember once choosing to run from the Oakland County boys in blue because I was a little young to be parting with the older crowd. I was running with a friend when first my foot got stuck. Not 30 seconds later I could feel the earth move under me. I sank like a rock and the more I kicked the more I sank. Luckily I had someone to help me out like you did. I swear on my life if I was alone I could have seen that ending very different. I have noticed that Chris's family has laid low in the profile of his case. Do you think they have a feeling that this is what happened to him? I never thought of that, what a good theory. I have not heard of LE or anyone else finding the shoe from the research I have done. I really would like to know for sure, maybe I could shoot a email to the office in charge of Chris's case and find out. If they did find it, it would be pretty obvious how Chris's met his fate.

My heart goes out to his family for losing a child so young. Just graduating, whole life ahead of him. So sad.

Thanks again for the interest in this case. This one gets to me.

I did some googling on this kid and the first thing i saw was actually a WS thread about another person:

Originally Posted by amazing-sea-monkey
I have not started a thread about Chris, however, I worked in downtown East Lansing at the time he went missing. I remember it very well as I was right in and around his parents' shoe store and there were posters up in every window. My aunt is very much into collecting and gathering wildflowers, so she is very familiar with the Rose Lake Nature Area and she is the one that told me of all the marshy areas. She said you could easily sink and drown and that it is much like quicksand. She called them marshes with "False Bottoms." She said that once she was there collecting flowers and the ground was actually moving beneath her feet!! She is NOT one to exaggerate, so I take this as gospel truth. Anyway, I do remember them finding a tennis shoe believed to belong to Chris or proven to belong to him, I can't remember which and all the speculation that he met his fate right then and there. It seems to me also that the parents have laid quite low in all this. I don't see them on the news, etc. You don't see it reported about or even mentioned on crime stoppers or anything as far as cold cases go. Yes, several areas in Michigan do have bogs, quicksand I call them. There is a little village near me called Pewamo. In Pewamo there is a brook/creek called "Stony Creek." My husband, myself and my brother in law were fishing by Stony Creek one day and I went to jump from the edge of the water to the bank. It was quicksand/marsh land and I sunk in IMMEDIATELY all the way to my waist. I was panicking terribly as it was too dense to crawl out of. It was the most horrifying feeling. The more I pushed with my feet the quicker I sank, there was no ground, it was bottomless. My brother in law helped me get out. I remember this one silly detail... I had shiny spandex pants on and it took the sheen right off them!! Later on a farmer told us that he had lost a cow in all that marshland. Scary but true... Ahhh... Michigan- Loving all four seasons! and yes Damn right I'M A SPARTAN!

does anyone know if that shoe thing is true??

I live in Michigan too. I have be in Stony Creek fishing and I also was swallowed up by quicksand. I don't know any details of the case but if he was there then it is surely possible.

Found several articles

Attachments

• lsj 04241990.jpg
    lsj 04241990.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 102
  • lsj 04251990.jpg
    lsj 04251990.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 99
  • lsj 04261990.jpg
    lsj 04261990.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 90
  • lsj 04271990.jpg