1364 users online (342 members and 1022 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking The worlds loudest cat!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_857933.html

Smokey The Cat Is World's Loudest, Guinness Records Confirms

LONDON (AP) -- It's official: Smokey the cat has roared her way into Guinness World Records having achieved the loudest purr by a domestic cat....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYed8K_umUE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHT1nAX46dM&feature=related[/ame]

I love this story...the squirrel is adorable...hope all stays well for the "family."
    Just my opinion, of course.

Around my house we firmly believe our kitten Finnigan O'Reilly purrs louder. But we've discussed throwing our hat in the ring for World's Loudest Guiness record but decided Finnigan's schedule just wouldn't permit it, between all the playing with the dog, napping and snacking there just isn't time for tv appearances. As soon as I get my video recorder to work, I'll post a video...so atleast the folks here at WS will know who the REAL loudest is!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Around my house we firmly believe our kitten Finnigan O'Reilly purrs louder. But we've discussed throwing our hat in the ring for World's Loudest Guiness record but decided Finnigan's schedule just wouldn't permit it, between all the playing with the dog, napping and snacking there just isn't time for tv appearances. As soon as I get my video recorder to work, I'll post a video...so atleast the folks here at WS will know who the REAL loudest is!
    See if you can find a decibel meter to measure her purr. If she's a kitten imagine what she'll do as an adult.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I looooove the squirrel story!! That is so adorable!!!! And I usually hate squirrels. A purring squirrel is something else!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

That is so cute! My little one doesn't have much of a voice box. She got out of the bedroom screen once and "barked" for a long time before I could hear her. Poor thang - now I know not to leave the bedroom window open because she can push the screen open.

It's not even a meow, more like a mah, mah, mah - in a really low town.

In any case, I'm glad I don't have that loud cat! Yikes

MOO

Mel

Exclamation reply

This is a fun thread.

I've got loud cats, quiet cats, and cats inbetween. Simon loves to stand in another room and holler for me...

Cats...vocal, purring, drooling snugglers extraordinaire!

Best-
    Herding Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    This is a fun thread.

I've got loud cats, quiet cats, and cats inbetween. Simon loves to stand in another room and holler for me...

Cats...vocal, purring, drooling snugglers extraordinaire!

Best-
    Herding Cats
    So when you go to Simon what does he want? Other than for you to get rid of the dog.

Have you had a chance to record his earth shaking purr yet?

Our cat may not purrr very loud, but she did wake us up one night playing the piano. I got up and crept into the dining room to see and there she was sitting on the back of a chair, stretched out to the max and repeatedly pawing the same key over and over. the next night we set the video camera up on a tripod and waited but she wouldn't co-operate. I could have been rich. ....... STUPID CAT!
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

Talking

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast