Detroit - Veteran Died Alone -Still Unclaimed at Funeral Home

The comments under the article contain information from family who had no idea where he was located, as he had chosen to be away on his own. They have come forward and are making arrangements as any family should. The article helped them to locate him, but did not do enough research, as apparently the family were all still in the area where the author had identified that this man grew up.

jmo

RIP Mr. Hannah. Thank you for your brave service to our country.

Thankfully his family was found. Homelessness by choice is something alot of folks do not understand. Obviously he was well loved. Prayers for his family.

Thank goodness family has come forward! I didn't have time to read the comments this morning when I copied it from the Detroit Free Press. I was just looking for it online after I saw it in our local paper. I used to live in Detroit years ago and was thinking this morning if I still did, I would definitely go to the funeral home and pay my respects.

Thanks for the info that someone is finally emerging to claim him and hopefully give him a proper Military burial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back