Could you sit on this jury?

ScubaTwinn

Reaction score
We've talked about what we would do if we were on the jury and much more. But I couldn't find where we've discussed if we could actually sit on this jury. After reading fellow posters yesterday about the difficulties people are having and not being able to serve, could you do it? I feel like I know all of you by reading your daily posts and opinions. I'm interested if you could or could not, and why.

My husband and I are both public employees. We do not have any children. The house and car is paid off. Realistically, I know I could be gone for 2 months.

And I get about not leaving your pets for 2 months. We have someone who already helps out with ours whenever we're gone.

I couldn't... my hubby is active duty army and is deploying for the summer...

interesting thread btw

even if i had no idea of who casey or caylee was( and sorry, followed this ever since NG reported mom waited 31 days before calling 911,and i think she is guilty as sin.) i dont think i could do it..i am the only breadwinner in my house, STILL paying off my car, not to mention a huge electric bill and rent..plus i have my youngest daughter, gma could watch her for a week or two, but longer than that? i'd have to claim hardship on that..

I could not do it. Hubby is self employed. Sometimes work is slow. My pay is needed. I think I would go absolutely bonkers not being around my family for 2 months though I do not consider that would be an excuse. I do not believe in DP so the prosecution would not want me even though I believe KC is guilty. I don't think the DT would want me either since I have four grown children with toddlers around the same age as Caylee was when she was taken from this world.

Even though I could handle it financially and my family is older and can take care of themselves, I don't think I could give anyone the dp. Life in prison yes, but not the dp.

I am pretty sure I could. My husband is active duty military and I am a stay at home mom to our only child, I'm pretty sure the $30 a day would cover child care for him.

The only thing that I would say, is I'm 20 weeks pregnant so not being able to see my doctor to 6-8 weeks would be an issue for me.

I also am unsure if I would be wanted. I am a young mom (not as young as ICA, but young anyway) who has a child 10 months younger than Caylee. I also have Criminal Justice/Psychology degree. I could never imagine laying a finger on my child, EVER EVER EVER so I look down on ICA so much.

ETA: I am okay with giving the DP if the evidence warants it.

Gotta say I think I could.....sometimes the way it is presented kinda sounds like a vaca....plus being unemployed/stay at home mom---dh self employed the econ the way it is for small businesses....that 30.00 could be a bonus---plus having food catered......SUN....(live in the land of rain...:maddening:)

Could I sit on this jury - no. I know far too much about this case and have already convicted ICA long ago in my mind.

Could I sit on a case such as this, be sequestered for several months, etc? No. My paycheck is the bread and butter, the only steady income, keeping this little train a runnin. That in addition to having two younger children (10 and 7) would prevent me from being able to be away and unavailable for that long.

Would I want to sit on a case such as this if I was not prevented by my familial responsibilities? Oh yeah! I really think I could do a good job in a case I was not immersed in here.

I could not. I am self-employed and if I don't work, we don't eat or have a house to live in. On the other hand, I'm a writer, and would love to be on that jury and get the inside story! Oh well, I'm Canadian so it wouldn't be an option anyway.

Tink

I'm in college right now so I would kind of prefer to not have to spend my summer being sequestered especially since I already go to school 1000 miles from home. And if the trial went until August and I missed the first few weeks of Fall semester, I would have to wait until Spring semester to start up again which would delay my graduation a semester and the start of grad school a semester.

I could my husband works and I stay home with the kids, family would watch them. But I already had my mind made up Casey was guilty the 1st time I heard she wasn't reported missing for 31 days and I seen her behavior. So I wouldn't be allowed to be.

not a chance. I have a 4 year old, and I think she is guilty as the day is long.

Just basing this on the hardship factor and not the other things (dp, bias, etc.) as I think that is what the opening post is asking.

I could do it.
I am a SAHM so no financial burden there, I would make more being on the jury!
My mil could help get the girls on and off the bus and watch them when hubby can't and so could my sister.
It would be difficult being away from my immediate family (and I hate to think of what the house would look like when I came home!) but I would do it for Caylee and it is my civic duty.

It wouldn't be a financial hardship for me, nor would I have an issue with imposing the DP on Casey if the evidence supports the sentence. That said, jury service is very stressful and can easily take a toll on a person's emotional and physical well-being. When I sat on the jury in a civil case, there were no gruesome photos or graphic testimony like there will be in the Anthony case. The days were long, tedious, emotionally draining. I was exhausted when I arrived home late each afternoon and could barely summon the energy to help DH get dinner or put in a load of laundry. Thankfully, the lawsuit was withdrawn on Friday afternoon, and the jury was dismissed first thing Monday morning. I'm not sure that I would have survived another week if the trial had lasted as long as expected.

The panel that is seated in the ICA case won't be in an enviable position, to be sure, and they will need our thoughts and prayers to help them survive this ordeal.

I work mostly out of my home for a medical supply company. I do technical writing and some sales. My job does allow me to flexible for personal reasons such as I can take a few hours in the morning or afternoon to go out and run errands and then come back home and work into the evening hours. But I wouldn't be able to serve on this jury for 6 to 8 weeks because some of the projects I work on require deadline dates.

Apart from the fact im in England ( i would be happy to pay my plane fare lol) two months in Orlando with hotels etc paid would be great so yes i would do it - although i think the trial itself would be traumatic :(

I would like to,but since I'm sure she's guilty it would not be a fair trial.

It would create a hardship on my daughter because school gets out in two weeks and I help with the grandsons during the summer. Other than that, I could do it.

I been thinking about this. I could has far hardship! but to be able to be fair no way!
after following this case from the very first day no way can I be fair. Most of evidents is out there ...there would have to be bombshell for me to change my mind!
And I don't see it coming. Besides I so dislike JB and Casey!

I do want to see her have a fair trial because we don't want to see a mis trial :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back