Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NJ - Sarah Townsend, 18, Burlington, 9 May 2011

NJ - Sarah Townsend, 18, Burlington, 9 May 2011

Sarah Townsend, 18, was reported missing at 10:00 a.m. Monday by her boyfriend, who spotted her car near Sherman's Pond in Green Acres Park in Burlington Township.

Police have been searching for the Allentown (NJ) High School senior from Florence Township with no luck. Chopper 6 HD was over the scene on Tuesday and rescuers could be seen continuing the effort.

"We have a car that's parked here with a cell phone, a purse, and parents who haven't heard from their daughter," said Lt. Brian Pointer of the Burlington Township Police Department on Monday.

Townsend, who is about 5'4 and weighs about 105 pounds, was last seen by her parents when she left for school at 7:00 a.m. Monday.

Anyone with information about Sarah Townsend is asked to contact Burlington Township Police at 609-386-2019.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=8122396
    Last edited by Kimster; 05-13-2011 at 06:40 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

A major search with police officers, firefighters, K-9 units, a dive team, and trained volunteers was underway most of the day until dark Monday looking for a missing 18-year-old Allentown, NJ High School senior, Sarah Townsend, whose car was found at Green Acres Park near Sherman’s Pond in Burlington Township.

Green Acres is a large park off Old York Road. Police said Sarah was last seen by her parents at about 7 a.m. Monday morning as she was leaving for school in Monmouth County and never arrived.

Pointer said there is no sign of a struggle and officials say at this time there is no evidence of foul play.

Sarah and her boyfriend “frequently went to the park,” but Pointer decline to provide further comment on her disappearance.

A friend, wishing not to be identified, told phillyburbs.com that she attended Allentown High School in Monmouth County and was interested in dance.

Photo and snipped article from: http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...school-student

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

The family of a missing New Jersey girl is offering a $10,000 reward to anyone with information on the location of their daughter.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...121562554.html
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

So, she leaves home at 7:00 a.m. to go to school. By 10:00 a.m., her boyfriend finds her car in the park and reports her missing. Huh. Did he go to school too? Did they talk that morning? How in the world did he just happen to find her car at a park while she was supposed to be in school?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

8. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    So, she leaves home at 7:00 a.m. to go to school. By 10:00 a.m., her boyfriend finds her car in the park and reports her missing. Huh. Did he go to school too? Did they talk that morning? How in the world did he just happen to find her car at a park while she was supposed to be in school?
    Uh huh. I have the same questions. I wonder if she didn't show up for school, he was worried and went searching for her and went to the place they frequent? If this is true, did he call her parents to see where she was? Why did he report her missing and not her parents?

This quote to me is interesting:

(bbm)

When police called off the search on Monday night, Sarah's parents, Roy and Lori Townsend, wanted this message to go out to their daughter:

"Sarah, we love you. Everything's OK. Please come home."

The "everything's ok" comment stands out to me. Was there an argument before school or did something happen?

10. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

The parents' message stands out to me, too. She's 18 so I'm guessing there are arguments with her parents from time to time. I wonder if they had an especially big argument that morning or something.

Maybe the parents disapprove of the boyfriend so he didn't call them first. I don't know. This story isn't making a whole lot of sense to me right now.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

Looking at the situation in context, she's a senior about to graduate high school. Normally, these are happy times for girls - looking forward to prom, graduation, perhaps a senior trip with her class, etc.; however, I suppose that this time could be stressful as well worrying about college, losing her boyfriend if she goes to an away college, not having a date for prom and so on. I could see how fights between her and her parents or boyfriend could occur at this time. I do get the underlying vibe that a fight did occur between her and someone the night before or that morning. That might have prompted her boyfriend to go look for her at somewhere he knows she goes to calm down or "chill."

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

I suppose it is possible that the boyfriend knew of some kind of heated disagreement in the home and feared that Sarah might be in more danger if he called there.

When I was that age I had a very serious boyfriend and we told each other everything. If cell phones had been common back then, we would have been in constant contact.

I'm thinking she may have gone to the field to meet her boyfriend, but something happened before he got there or they fought and she was the loser. Just spec, no inside info here! MOO

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

her boyfriend is 20, unclear if he works or is in college, but it seems unlikely that they attended the same school. tho possible.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to liljim For This Useful Post:

If there was something going on at home, it could make those close to her feel very bad, and she might have been distracted and victimized, or she might have threatened her own life. We just don't know enough, but I hope people keep talking. This doesn't sound to me like one that's going to have a happy ending. jmo

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grayjay For This Useful Post:

Well I guess we take comments with a grain of salt. But there may be something to the first one. That would make sense why there is an all out search for her right when her car was found.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

http://*****************/viewArticle.a...81474979310018
    Sarah Townsend, a senior attending high school, was leaving for her classes Monday morning around 7 a.m. At around 10 am, her unnamed boyfriend discovered her empty car in Green Acres Field. He immediately called the police and reported her missing. When the police arrived, they found the woman's car with her purse and cell phone still inside of it. She was nowhere to be found. Investigators are not considering foul play as of yet, but it also isn't ruled out. During the day, authorities took to aerial, surface, and water searches for the girl, but these searches came up inconclusive.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

Wow, she's really pretty.

So boyfriend is just cruising around and spots, recognizes her car. I can accept that. But then he goes to check things out, sees she isn't in there, and calls police and reports her missing? Wouldn't he at least check out the area to see if she was around? Maybe she decided to ditch school and go for a walk? If it was a pond, I would think there might be a trail around it or something (but I don't know).

IF the comment in the above linked article is true, then I can totally see why her boyfriend would instantly call the cops. But if not, it just sounds weird to me to just happen across her vehicle in a place nobody would expect it to be, see she isn't with it, and instantly report her as missing. What are the odds of somebody so close to her just happening upon her vehicle in a (generally) quiet and secluded place like a pond?

Misty Copsey | Robert Manwill | Kyron Horman | Baby Kate | Mickey Shunick

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lucid For This Useful Post:

Burlington Township Police Lt. Bruce Painter said authorities have no found no evidence of foul play. However, Painter said investigators found it unusual that Townsend's purse and cell phone were found in her car.

Townsend's car was found near Sherman Pond Monday morning by her boyfriend. As a precaution, police launched a search of the pond and several square miles of wooded area surrounding it on Monday. The search picked up again at 7 this morning.

The area was cleared this afternoon after each quadrant had been searched at least five times, Painter said.
    Snipped: http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...g-Burlco-woman

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

hmmm so boyfriend find car??? sounding hinky to me...must be WS in me !
    "LIGHTING THE WAY HOME"

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:

I don't think she has any thing to do with holly Bobo..but boy she reminds me of her!
    "LIGHTING THE WAY HOME"

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:

From what I have read so far, it appears that she had an argument with her family and wrote a note outlining that she may harm herself. I am guessing the BF had talked or texted and she told him what was going on. I think that is why he found her so easily in a short period of time. If she told her BF the intentions she outlined in her note, he probably went to one of the first places he thought of. I don't get the feeling her BF is involved.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SDT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    http://*****************/viewArticle.a...81474979310018
    Sarah Townsend, a senior attending high school, was leaving for her classes Monday morning around 7 a.m. At around 10 am, her unnamed boyfriend discovered her empty car in Green Acres Field. He immediately called the police and reported her missing. When the police arrived, they found the woman's car with her purse and cell phone still inside of it. She was nowhere to be found. Investigators are not considering foul play as of yet, but it also isn't ruled out. During the day, authorities took to aerial, surface, and water searches for the girl, but these searches came up inconclusive.
    BBM -What do we know about Green Acres field? Was this a place to make out with Boyfriend - why would Sarah go there? Did Sarah need time alone? I'm still freaked about this SK that seems to cross state lines.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to KR2tonenow For This Useful Post:

The news is confirming that there was a note in the car.

Her purse and cell phone were still inside her car, police said. Sources say there was also a note found in her vehicle that lead authorities to believe she might harm herself.

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    The news is confirming that there was a note in the car.

Her purse and cell phone were still inside her car, police said. Sources say there was also a note found in her vehicle that lead authorities to believe she might harm herself.
    Is the note in her handwriting??

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KR2tonenow For This Useful Post:

http://www.trentonian.com/articles/2...2941214957.txt

“Her purse and her phone is in the car. Her money was in the wallet. The car was running, and the door was open.”

“We keep thinking, if she got out and ran, where’s the scent? The dogs cannot pick up any scent. So that doesn’t make sense. Was she carried out of the car? Was another man there that picked her up? We don’t know. Just so many things don’t make sense.”

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to terracotta For This Useful Post:

So there was a note This makes sense to me as to why the boyfriend called in the missing person report. Perhaps she texted him something, he was worried and drove around to find her (or maybe she said she was at the park?) saw her car and the note and immediately called police.

Now what I find strange is the above article indicating the dogs couldn't find a scent. And they searched the pond numerous times by quadrant and found nothing.

The car was running, the door was open... indicates to me that she either ran off hastily into the woods or someone set this whole thing up and to make it look like a suicide.

I don't know, very strange.

Come home Sarah...

47. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

Burlco teen still missing; search called off

Authorities called off an extensive search around the park off Old York Road for the teen Tuesday afternoon. Volunteers and rescue crews began leaving the park around 1:30 p.m. as the two-day search of wooded areas and the pond there yielded no clues as to Townsend's whereabouts.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...sey=nav%7Chead

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast