1065 users online (200 members and 865 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Here is a new article from CNN with updated sketches:

Police release sketches, evidence from Long Island bodies investigation
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/20/justic...html?hpt=ju_c2

along with new details on the UID'd Asian man:

The male victim was 5-feet-6-inches and was missing both the top and bottom molars and one of his top front teeth. Investigators determined that he was wearing women's' clothes when he died between five and 10 years ago, Dormer said.
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

LE needs to do a composite sketch of the man appearing as a woman. If he was a passable transexual who lived as a woman, no one is going to recognize him as a man.
    ďIím just a loud-mouthed middle-aged colored lady with a fused spine and three feet of intestines missing and a lot of people think Iím crazy. Maybe you do too, but I never stop to wonder why Iím not like other people. The mystery to me is why more people arenít like me.Ē Florynce Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by future criminologist View Post
    Here is a new article from CNN with updated sketches:

Police release sketches, evidence from Long Island bodies investigation
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/20/justic...html?hpt=ju_c2

along with new details on the UID'd Asian man:
    The male victim was 5-feet-6-inches and was missing both the top and bottom molars and one of his top front teeth. Investigators determined that he was wearing women's' clothes when he died between five and 10 years ago, Dormer said.
    I'm hoping that forensics can determine whether the victim lost these teeth before or after death. Using the gum bone starts to grow back and fills the holes where the roots were in a living person. Having absolutely no molars at all at such a young age is unusual, in my opinion. Missing a front tooth is also unusual and maybe this occured at the time of death. IDK. I agree a composite of this victim made up as a woman with long hair and makeup may assist with ID.

This new info about the Asian male dressed in women's clothing reminds me of SG asking JB if he had ever encountered any transvestites. JB reportedly stated that he was turned off because he thought she may be a man or part man (whatever that means) so he asked her to leave. I do not for a NY minute think that JB and Shannan had not already had sex at that point as she had been there for 3 hrs.

This is just my opinion but JB's reaction to that question frightened Shannan to the point of risking arrest herself by calling 911 and also running door to door asking for help and hiding from MP behind Gus' boat. I recall reading awhile back that JB had contacted MP to arrange the 'date' with SG but I don't have a link. (sorry, so just take that for what it's worth) Why would he have a frightening reaction to this question and think Shannan was a man if they had already had sex? I call BS!

JB's family allegedly owns several properties. He would have private access to any which weren't occupied for storage or whatever. What is he doing with his time these days? This is really bothering me. MOo of course!

wm
    Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 09-21-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: clarify
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Apparently the missing teeth occured prior to death. It is very unusual for anyone under 27 years orld to be missing a front tooth. Most likely the victim was an immigrant. DNA and chemical analysis of bones can determine with a high degree of accuracy where someone is from.

There is a "market" for transvestite prostitutes. There are men who prefer male "trans" and there are specifice areas in most large cities where male "trans" ply their trade to customers who know what they want. In Asia the term "lady boys" is used.

I'm guessing the victim was a poor immigrant who lived on the absolute fringe of society and would probably not be reported if missed.

It does raise the question of what thed did happen to Jimmy Tsui?

I just wanted to bring this over: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132011

CarlK found, IMO, a VERY close match to the sketch of the Asian victim... if you are on Firefox, you can really see it by dragging one pic over the other.

What do you all think?

(Sorry if this was already posted)
    Last edited by bessie; 06-22-2015 at 09:44 PM. Reason: repaired link

Quote Originally Posted by svpernin View Post
    I just wanted to bring this over: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132011

CarlK found, IMO, a VERY close match to the sketch of the Asian victim... if you are on Firefox, you can really see it by dragging one pic over the other.

What do you all think?

(Sorry if this was already posted)
    I think it could be a match. CarlK should be posting that great stuff over on this thread. OK, I see that a few people have noted a possible match with Mo Zhang already since last night. I think it could be him.

I wondering if there was any shoes or a wig found...I guess not because on the sketch would help alot.

I was wondering if it might be Mo Zhang, mainly because he is the only missing asian man I could find who fit the specifics, but when you do the drag over...holy cow!

CarlK, you rock!!!
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

So has the Mo Zhang match been called in to LE by anyone yet?
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

Quote Originally Posted by future criminologist View Post
    So has the Mo Zhang match been called in to LE by anyone yet?
    CarlK posted upthread that he submitted the tip.

missing persons databases

I haven't ventured into using any of the missing person's databases, can someone give me some direction on where to find the different missing person's sites to look over?

I posted this in the other thread and realized it might be better in this thread.

"Take the age/race/etc profile for the jane doe from 1995 and cross reference it with any (Missing) females in the tri-state area who had a fasciotomy (during the appropriate time frame). Prioritize by hospitals/areas of "interest" and expand outside of the tri-state area as needed. she is the first victim we know of and therefore more likely to not be a randomly selected victim, they didn't meet via a chance encounter. "

truth, check out the 'resources' forum here at WS. I know there is one called charlieproject for the missing and one called 'namus' for unidentified victims who have been located. HTH.
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Quote Originally Posted by truthspider View Post
    I haven't ventured into using any of the missing person's databases, can someone give me some direction on where to find the different missing person's sites to look over?

I posted this in the other thread and realized it might be better in this thread.

"Take the age/race/etc profile for the jane doe from 1995 and cross reference it with any (Missing) females in the tri-state area who had a fasciotomy (during the appropriate time frame). Prioritize by hospitals/areas of "interest" and expand outside of the tri-state area as needed. she is the first victim we know of and therefore more likely to not be a randomly selected victim, they didn't meet via a chance encounter. "

https://www.findthemissing.org/searc...es.Race&page=1

Any word on Mo Zhang?

I just stumbled across this tonight and thought it matched fairly well.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3851/15

Glad to see someone's already submitted the tip.

He barely fits the window.

"On September 20, 2011, police revealed new details about these remains. Police released a composite sketch of the Asian male, who was wearing women's clothes at the time of his death due to blunt force trauma, and was likely working as a prostitute.[17] He was between 17 and 23 years of age, 5' 6" in height, and missing four teeth; he had been dead for between five to 10 years."

He was last scene: August 09, 2006 - 09:28 and was 17 y.o.
    His height fits almost perfectly at 65" - 5'-5"
    I wish they had his dental records available.

Thats just under five years.

I did a google search for yorktown, va + serial killer and came up with this page: http://www.projectjason.org/forums/i...p?topic=2622.0

The victims don't really fit and the timeline is a stretch at 30 years. Which could put the SK into his late 60's now.
    Maybe he group up in the Yorktown area, moved to NYC and still visits virginia.

On a related note, I was looking into unidentified victims and was a bit alarmed to find out this out:

"It has been estimated that there are approximately 40,000 unidentified human remains in the offices of the Nation's medical examiners and coroners or were buried or cremated before being identified (see Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains: The Nation's Silent Mass Disaster). In June 2007, OJP's Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), confirmed that, in a typical year, medical examiners and coroners handle approximately 4,400 unidentified human decedent cases, 1,000 of which remain unidentified after one year. (See the Medical Examiners and Coroners' Offices, 2004 for the full report."

http://www.namus.gov/about.htm

I read somewhere else that there is major backlog with entering the data into databases and that many aren't coordinated togethor.
    Also, that the departments don't have the time or resources. - The last part just makes me think of all the backlog created by stupid politics and
    time wasted dealing with petty offenses like MJ use.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast