1063 users online (222 members and 841 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light

Chinese Baby Born With Two Heads

The baby, born on Thursday, most likely cannot be separated.

BEIJING – A hospital in southwestern China says conjoined twin girls with a single body and two heads have been born at its facility.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110510/...5lc2VnaXJscw--

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

I'm completely confounded as to what should be done for these babies...it would seem that a life conjoined would be far more painful for them than death would be.

I have seen a documentary type thing (I think on TLC?) before about two teenage girls who are pretty much in the same situation - they share a normal (though slightly wide in the shoulder area) body and have two heads. It follows them as they learn to drive and get their license - they each have control of their side of the body. It was amazing to watch them function, such as to open a package or walk, when each hand/leg is controlled by a different mind - yet they seem totally in sync.

But they seem happy.

Michaela Garecht | Misty Copsey | Scott Kleeschulte | Kyron Horman | Baby Kate | Mickey Shunick

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Very sad situation.
    Poor babies!

I wish them a happy healthy life. I know it will be hard.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

aww man. Blessings for them and their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    I'm completely confounded as to what should be done for these babies...it would seem that a life conjoined would be far more painful for them than death would be.
    Would you recommend infanticide in this instance?

Re what Lucid said: I remember first hearing about the Hensel twins when they were little and their parents went on Oprah. Hopefully this new set of twins in China has a great support system like the Hensel girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
    I know you didn't ask me that question but I wouldn't want to go so far as to recommend infanticide. The babies probably won't live long, they are in critical condition and can't be seperated. I wouldn't completely rule it out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    Re what Lucid said: I remember first hearing about the Hensel twins when they were little and their parents went on Oprah. Hopefully this new set of twins in China has a great support system like the Hensel girls.
    I'm not familiar with the Hensel girls but are these babies in the same situation? The doctors said they are in critical condition... I mean I hope they can have a good life but the prognosis doesn't sound very good.

Wang said Tuesday the parents, who are farmers, did not want to have the babies at first, fearing they could not afford to keep them alive. She said they transferred the twins to a hospital in the nearby metropolis of Chongqing to be examined by experts
    It sounds as if the parents were aware and made their choice. I dont believe any parent would take it lightly. I also hope they do not risk the life of one child if they have another option. If the nearly impossible is not needed for health reasons than I hope they do not attempt it.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by Danaya View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Hensel girls but are these babies in the same situation? The doctors said they are in critical condition... I mean I hope they can have a good life but the prognosis doesn't sound very good.
    Brittany and Abby Hensel. They are teenagers now and in college in Minnesota. I have a cousin who went to the same college with them. She said they appeared very happy. They're fascinating girls, imo.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    But isn't life hard for us all in some way or another? I struggle with depression and have thought many a time that death would be easier.

They should at least get the opportunity to grow and decide that for themselves.

Justice for Travis

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    It sounds as if the parents were aware and made their choice. I dont believe any parent would take it lightly. I also hope they do not risk the life of one child if they have another option. If the nearly impossible is not needed for health reasons than I hope they do not attempt it.
    I agree. They were born just as God wanted them.

Justice for Travis

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
    I certainly wouldn't. I've seen conjoined twins (on TLC too) who seem to function.

I hope they have a chance for a long and sucessful life.

Bless,

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    I have seen a documentary type thing (I think on TLC?) before about two teenage girls who are pretty much in the same situation - they share a normal (though slightly wide in the shoulder area) body and have two heads. It follows them as they learn to drive and get their license - they each have control of their side of the body. It was amazing to watch them function, such as to open a package or walk, when each hand/leg is controlled by a different mind - yet they seem totally in sync.

But they seem happy.
    I've seen the documentary as well.I must say that they do very well.I even laughed when one got kinda snarky with the Mom...typical teenager!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast