Chinese Baby Born With Two Heads

Hopeful One

Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm completely confounded as to what should be done for these babies...it would seem that a life conjoined would be far more painful for them than death would be.

I have seen a documentary type thing (I think on TLC?) before about two teenage girls who are pretty much in the same situation - they share a normal (though slightly wide in the shoulder area) body and have two heads. It follows them as they learn to drive and get their license - they each have control of their side of the body. It was amazing to watch them function, such as to open a package or walk, when each hand/leg is controlled by a different mind - yet they seem totally in sync.

But they seem happy.

Very sad situation.
Poor babies! :(

I wish them a happy healthy life. I know it will be hard.

aww man. Blessings for them and their parents.

I'm completely confounded as to what should be done for these babies...it would seem that a life conjoined would be far more painful for them than death would be.

Would you recommend infanticide in this instance?

Re what Lucid said: I remember first hearing about the Hensel twins when they were little and their parents went on Oprah. Hopefully this new set of twins in China has a great support system like the Hensel girls.

I know you didn't ask me that question but I wouldn't want to go so far as to recommend infanticide. The babies probably won't live long, they are in critical condition and can't be seperated. I wouldn't completely rule it out, though.

Re what Lucid said: I remember first hearing about the Hensel twins when they were little and their parents went on Oprah. Hopefully this new set of twins in China has a great support system like the Hensel girls.

I'm not familiar with the Hensel girls but are these babies in the same situation? The doctors said they are in critical condition... I mean I hope they can have a good life but the prognosis doesn't sound very good. :(

Wang said Tuesday the parents, who are farmers, did not want to have the babies at first, fearing they could not afford to keep them alive. She said they transferred the twins to a hospital in the nearby metropolis of Chongqing to be examined by experts

It sounds as if the parents were aware and made their choice. I dont believe any parent would take it lightly. I also hope they do not risk the life of one child if they have another option. If the nearly impossible is not needed for health reasons than I hope they do not attempt it.

I'm not familiar with the Hensel girls but are these babies in the same situation? The doctors said they are in critical condition... I mean I hope they can have a good life but the prognosis doesn't sound very good. :(

Brittany and Abby Hensel. They are teenagers now and in college in Minnesota. I have a cousin who went to the same college with them. She said they appeared very happy. They're fascinating girls, imo.

But isn't life hard for us all in some way or another? I struggle with depression and have thought many a time that death would be easier.

They should at least get the opportunity to grow and decide that for themselves.

It sounds as if the parents were aware and made their choice. I dont believe any parent would take it lightly. I also hope they do not risk the life of one child if they have another option. If the nearly impossible is not needed for health reasons than I hope they do not attempt it.

I agree. They were born just as God wanted them.

I certainly wouldn't. I've seen conjoined twins (on TLC too) who seem to function.

I hope they have a chance for a long and sucessful life.

Bless,

Mel

I have seen a documentary type thing (I think on TLC?) before about two teenage girls who are pretty much in the same situation - they share a normal (though slightly wide in the shoulder area) body and have two heads. It follows them as they learn to drive and get their license - they each have control of their side of the body. It was amazing to watch them function, such as to open a package or walk, when each hand/leg is controlled by a different mind - yet they seem totally in sync.

But they seem happy.

I've seen the documentary as well.I must say that they do very well.I even laughed when one got kinda snarky with the Mom...typical teenager!

I admire the two Hensel girls, however, China is not USA...
they may not have the same opportunities and chances as the Hensel girls.
I looked at that picture and almost cried...
they could have been my baby, or babies, regardless... but what do you do?? In China???

You would recommend KILLING the babies?

I'm shocked. IMO that's horrid.

Not going to extra ordinary measures to save the babies is one thing. If it will put them through unnecessary pain and suffering and they wouldn't live anyway, I could see not doing something just to do it.

Killing them is another thing. You can't just kill babies because they are sick. That's disgusting. It's murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back