880 users online (98 members and 782 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 105
  1. #1
    shadowraiths's Avatar
    shadowraiths is offline LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Specialist, infoSec Architect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,867

    The 911 calls

    Just starting a thread so we can post links regarding the 911 calls to make the info easier to find later.
    Last edited by shadowraiths; 05-11-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: grammar



    Forensic Psychology Portal

    I tend to disappear from Websleuths from time to time.
    If I do, you can usually find me on
    Twitter.


  2. #2
    shadowraiths's Avatar
    shadowraiths is offline LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Specialist, infoSec Architect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,867
    Crossposting from previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
    Okay, found it. Thanks to the original websleuths post made by trigger ( link ) in the 1st thread ( link )! Knew I saw it somewhere. Anyway, it's not in the printed bit, rather in the video ( link ). Go to approx the 2:17 mark, where they're interviewing the family. It's right after the interview. I went ahead and transcribed that bit as well (emphasis, news reporter's).

    Gilbert's family says on that night Shannan met with a man she met on Craigslist at the beach in Long Island. They say police have talked to the man and he has taken a lie detector test. It is not the man Shannan named as her attacker.



    Forensic Psychology Portal

    I tend to disappear from Websleuths from time to time.
    If I do, you can usually find me on
    Twitter.


  3. #3
    shadowraiths's Avatar
    shadowraiths is offline LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Specialist, infoSec Architect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,867
    Cross post of partial transcript discussing the Dr. Hyde call from Here Women Talk.

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
    In re: the Doctor. Imo, interpretations will be different. So, fwiw, here is the transcript from that section of the podcast: http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_details/650

    Sister: We found, um, a Dr. [redacted] who actually had called my mom. um. The day after she was reported missing. And basically told her, um, a fabricated story. Cuz when we had confronted him about it he denied it. But he told my mom that he saw shannan and he basically uh, er, ran um, a little like uh treatment place, and he saw shannan, took her in, and then in the morning, you know, he let her go. And then the driver came to pick her up. So when we confronted him ...

    Woman: So let me just reframe this because... so, your sister runs missing from 1st man's house. There's 3 911 calls, police respond but never find her. And this man calls your mom and says I have a shelter or treatment center for people like this that are in this lifestyle and she stayed here and then she just walked off the next day, and she's fine.

    Sister: Yeah. That's what he said. And um. We tried to get more information. And he just. I dunno. He just. He was lying.

    Woman: And that's before you knew she was missing. Cuz he calls right away.

    Sister: He called. Um. He called. Like I think a day after we reported her missing.

    Woman: So she's not in the news. So she's not on TV. You know, it's not a public story yet.

    Sister: Correct. It hadn't actually been a public story until December. Which was almost seven months when she went missing. We tried calling news papers. And um, you know, news reporters and everything. And nobody wanted to display until the four bodies came up and [garbled].

    Woman: So let me get back to him just a minute. So, he claims she spent the night at his house. Now this is a gated community. All residental. There's no businesses or anything. It's all homes. And then he finds your mother. Now you guys never had contact with this man before he called you. Is that correct?

    Sister: Yes. We never had contact with him.

    Woman: So then he claims later that he didn't call you.

    Sister: Yes. He says that he doesn't recall saying that to my sister. And my sister looks at him and says, you called my mother and said you saw her. And says oh, I don't recall saying that. I don't remember saying that. If I said that I would remember that. And it was just a little...

    Woman: So if he didn't call you how would you know even know that he existed? How would you know have know to have gone there to look for her?

    Sister: Yeah. I don't know if he was saying he didn't call her, in general. Or he was saying that he didn't say that. I think he was trying to say he never said that. But I was right there with my mom on the phone when she was speaking with him.

    ETA ~ I listened and tried to transcribe, so pls feel free to correct any/all errors.



    Forensic Psychology Portal

    I tend to disappear from Websleuths from time to time.
    If I do, you can usually find me on
    Twitter.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,271
    why would police flatly state that call has been "debunked" then ??

    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Raleigh
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsPC View Post
    why would police flatly state that call has been "debunked" then ??

    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com
    That is a very good question. I hope they checked phone records of everyone they could who even might have had a part in a possible phone call.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,299
    The weird thing is, though, after Suffolk Police Commissioner Richard Dormer told reporters the call was debunked, he added, "The homicide squad is going to check with the Gilbert family to follow up on that." And the article is dated 4/13/11. GOING to?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,346
    When I saw that video I got the impression he was not all that up on the case and was just answering questions on the fly.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    The weird thing is, though, after Suffolk Police Commissioner Richard Dormer told reporters the call was debunked, he added, "The homicide squad is going to check with the Gilbert family to follow up on that." And the article is dated 4/13/11. GOING to?
    That "debunked" comment has always stuck in my craw. If something has already been "debunked", why would you need to follow up on it? The idea that you have "debunked" something implies that you have already "followed up" on it. Otherwise, how the hell can you say it's been "debunked"?!

    Just made Dormer look like a complete ass, imo.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,346

    Cell phone activity

    This may not be the appropriate thread as labeled but I didn't want it to get lost in the general threads. I am looking for links between the GB4 and feel the cell phone activity is important. Am listing them in the order of the events and their deaths.

    MAUREEN BRAINARD-BARNES: Cell phone with her;
    police have subsequently linked her phone activity to a cell phone tower on Long Island.
    7/9/07

    MELISSA BARTHELEMY: Cell phone with her: Received a call from Massapequa, L.I. (saw client?) and deposited $900 in bank account, determined that around the time she vanished, she checked her voice mail from two motels in Massapequa, a Budget Inn and a Best Western. Eight days later sister Amanda began receiving calls from M's cell phone. The police traced the calls to cellular towers in Times Square and Madison Square Garden. Boyfriend claims he also received calls for about 8 months. Boy friend claims she hung out on LI with older man. a regular john, and another escort.
    7/12/09

    SHANNAN GILBERT Cell phone with her. Cell phone has disappeared, along with Shannan. Mother receives call from "Dr. Hackett."
    5/1/10

    MEGAN WATERMAN DOES NOT HAVE CELL PHONE. Her mother receives a call at her place of employment from someone claiming to be LE wanting to talk about her daughter's case.

    AMBER COSTELLO: DOES NOT HAVE CELL PHONE. At john's request per Amber's roommate. ALC had received a call a few weeks prior to going missing at about 1 am, from a john wanting her to meet him at the same Express Holiday Inn (Happauge) where MW had last been seen.

    QUESTIONS:
    Did the SK ask the last two girls not to bring phones because of what happened to Shannan? (This could be a clue that Shannan is linked to the other cases.)

    Who was the other escort Melissa Barthelemy hung out with in L.I? Could it have been Amber Costello or Shannan Gilbert?

    Who was the older man Melissa hung out with on L.I? Could it have been JB? If the boy friend drove her there on several occasions, it could not have been the SK.

    All but Amber's case involve phone games. Why not Amber's family, sister?

    The cell phone games were very risky and hopefully will be his downfall.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,299
    That's a great list! Just to add a little:
    ALC had johns call her on the phone of her roommate, Dave Schaller, 'for safety's sake.' Her last appointment called her 3-4 times on the night she disappeared, the last time around 10:30.
    I believe Shannan had two phones; her own, plus a throwaway phone whose number she listed in her ad. I'll try to find the article where I saw that.

    I have wondered, because the killer seems to have convinced some of the girls to meet him without a phone, and because the rate was much higher than they usually got, if he didn't tell them they were meeting a celebrity. (I think LE should really pursue that when interviewing other working girls.)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North East United States
    Posts
    530
    honestly imo i don't think the sk would ask the girls not to bring their cell phones. these girls are all too aware of the dangers of working and if a john asked them not to bring their phones that would be a huge red flag right off the bat.

    the girls have to be street smart to survive, even if a john they frequented asked them not to bring their cell phone i'd think it would make the john look shady.

    a lot of the girls likely used burners for work and for a john to ask them not to bring a phone just makes the john look really bad. there's no reason i could even think of that the john would use to ask them not to bring the phone. even a celebrity. if the girls were dealing with anyone famous, it's more likely that once they got to the john's house he would ask them to turn off their phones.
    Last edited by chemcopout; 05-16-2011 at 03:35 AM. Reason: forgot to add

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by chemcopout View Post
    honestly imo i don't think the sk would ask the girls not to bring their cell phones. these girls are all too aware of the dangers of working and if a john asked them not to bring their phones that would be a huge red flag right off the bat.

    the girls have to be street smart to survive, even if a john they frequented asked them not to bring their cell phone i'd think it would make the john look shady.

    a lot of the girls likely used burners for work and for a john to ask them not to bring a phone just makes the john look really bad. there's no reason i could even think of that the john would use to ask them not to bring the phone. even a celebrity. if the girls were dealing with anyone famous, it's more likely that once they got to the john's house he would ask them to turn off their phones.
    ITA
    Telling them not to bring a phone would make them suspicious off the bat which is the last thing he wants.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by chemcopout View Post
    honestly imo i don't think the sk would ask the girls not to bring their cell phones. these girls are all too aware of the dangers of working and if a john asked them not to bring their phones that would be a huge red flag right off the bat.

    the girls have to be street smart to survive, even if a john they frequented asked them not to bring their cell phone i'd think it would make the john look shady.

    a lot of the girls likely used burners for work and for a john to ask them not to bring a phone just makes the john look really bad. there's no reason i could even think of that the john would use to ask them not to bring the phone. even a celebrity. if the girls were dealing with anyone famous, it's more likely that once they got to the john's house he would ask them to turn off their phones.
    I absolutely agree with you on that, Chem. If some of our girls didn't bring a cell phone with them (and I'm not convinced that they didn't), then they left their phones behind because this guy had spent alot of time building up their trust.

    JMO
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    I absolutely agree with you on that, Chem. If some of our girls didn't bring a cell phone with them (and I'm not convinced that they didn't), then they left their phones behind because this guy had spent alot of time building up their trust.

    JMO
    Yes, and if that was his MO, to charm them into a false sense of security, then the killer is probably not the ex cop, Perez. His MO appears to be the blitz attack.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    550
    Even if they did trust him I can't think of any legitimate reason he could give for leaving their phone.

    There are plenty of people in my life that I completely trust. But if one of them told me to leave my cell phone home when they picked me up I'd think wtf is that about and get the hell out of the car.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. the two 911 calls
    By jadejazzkayla in forum Amanda Berry- Gina deJesus- Michelle Knight
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 12:19 AM
  2. 1 yr anniversary of 911 calls from BD and SA
    By passionflower in forum Hailey Dunn
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-15-2011, 04:13 PM
  3. 911 Calls
    By Magister in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 11:09 PM