Mia Amber Davis, model and 'Road Trip' actor, dies at 36

Daisyjane

"All the clouds are clearing, and I think we're ov
Reaction score
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b241247_stunning_death_of_road_trip_actress.html

A sad day for Road Trip fans.Mia Amber Davis, the voluptuous model turned actress who seduced DJ Qualls' character in the 2000 hit comedy, died Tuesday, a day after undergoing seemingly routine knee surgery in Los Angeles, her agent tells E! News. She was just 36.

The news was first broken Tuesday on the Facebook page of Plus Model magazine. "It is with great sorrow that we are confirming that our dear friend, and plus-size model Mia Amber passed away just a short time ago. We do not have any details, please send your love and prayers to the family, mom and her husband. Her fan page is here Mia Amber Davis Fan Page. We are deeply saddened by this tragedy," read the statement. Her agent tells E! News the cause of death was from complications from her knee surgery. An autopsy is expected this week. Calls to the Los Angeles coroner's office were not immediately returned.

Her husband, Michael Yard, told TMZ that Davis had the procedure to correct a problem resulting from an old college basketball injury. Yard, who was in New York when she died, said that he had spoken with Davis early Tuesday and she seemed fine and in good spirits. But a few hours later, he learned from her cousin that she began experiencing dizziness and was taken to the hospital. She died shortly after.

Aside from her comical cameo in Road Trip, Davis acted in the video Holla If I Kill You and served as Queen Latifah's stand-in on a couple of films, but she had her greatest success as a plus-size model. Earlier this year, she appeared on BET's Rip the Runway and was just tapped to receive the 2011 Full Figure Fashion Week Plus Runway Model of the Year Award. Our hearts go out to her family. Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b241247_stunning_death_of_road_trip_actress.html#ixzz1M4wmTd54

UPDATE 1:56 p.m. PT: Craig Harvey, the chief investigator for the L.A. County Coroner, tells E! News that hospital records show Davis died yesterday at Kaiser Hospital and was pronounced dead at 9:39 a.m. PT.

Per the report, Mia was "walking to the bathroom, complained of shortness of breath and collapsed, transported to Kaiser West L.A. and pronounced dead." Harvey acknowledged that she had outpatient knee surgery Monday and that she was visiting from New York.

Harvey tells E! News because of "lack of information about what happened to her and that she is such a young person, chances are pretty good that she will undergo an autopsy [here]."

Mia's body could be examined as early as tomorrow or Friday and depending on what the doctor finds, additional tests may be ordered that could delay results. But if the postmortem reveals an immediate cause of death, that information could come by the end of the week.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b241247_stunning_death_of_road_trip_actress.html

RIP Mia, you were way too young for this.

Sure does sound like a pulmonary embolism, doesn't it.

RIP Mia.

Awwww I loved Rhonda and Kyle in this movie! One of my fave movies ever.
RIP Mia

I couldn't picture who she was so I looked for images of her. Such a beauty. Gone way too soon. Rest in peace.

thumbnail.aspx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back