CA CA - Los Angeles, HispFem 484UFCA, 12-15, in alley, distinctive tattoo, May'89

Warning - MORGUE photo

Could this be a match:

Here is the link, photo and info on the deceased, a young Hispanic girl who was found in LA on May 25, 1989.

attachment.php

WARNING - Postmortem Photo At Link
DoeNetwork 484UFCA - Postmortem Photo

Here is the link to Maria Gabriela Medina, who went missing 2 months prior. She is of a similar age as the Jane Doe, the height is within 2 inches, and their weights are similar as well.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/medina_maria.html

Jane Doe has a couple of tattoos on her leg. Maria was not reported to have any tattoos, but she was also listed as a "voluntary missing person." What if she left on her own accord (in March of 1989) and got the tattoos, and then met with foul play?

Thoughts?....

Jane Doe has a much darker complexion, like someone from Southern Mexico or Guatemala with a Mayan ancestry. Maria Medina has a much lighter complexion - more of a European/Hispanic mix.

I was hoping the coloration was just a result of the photos, but I think you're probably right. Boo.

I was hoping the coloration was just a result of the photos, but I think you're probably right. Boo.

I wouldn't rule it out on the basis of some coloring differences in the photos and sketches. Those can be so far off...I think it's close enough to submit.

The right brow line on both is slightly lower than the left. The noses look similiar. I think it is a good resemblence.

I did not see a link to a Namus profile for this UID so here it is:

https://identifyus.org/cases/3979

no one is listed as being ruled out so there is no way to tell what if anything they did with the submission of Maria Gabriela Medina.

I did not see Maria's Namus profile here either and here it is:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1290/5/

I doubt the UID is Maria though. Namus notes she had quite large birthmarks "Birthmark approximately 2 1/2" long on left foot, 8" birthmark on left thigh above the knee." neither of these were noted on the UID.

I just don't see the similarities. Worth submitting though I suppose. Good luck, Bean.

I just don't see the similarities. Worth submitting though I suppose. Good luck, Bean.

I agree - Maria Medina looks quite different. Since this thread is dedicated to this specific "Possible Match", I am starting a new thread for the UID for discussion of this UID and any other MP's that anyone may come up with in the future.

The Doe Network:
Case File 484UFCA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/484ufca.html
NamUs UP Case 3979 https://identifyus.org/cases/3979
7343fc07-c572-4a2c-9fa0-5ef482835d2d.jpg

WARNING - Postmortem Photo At Link
DoeNetwork 484UFCA - Postmortem Photo

Unidentified Hispanic Female

* The victim was discovered on May 25, 1989 in Los Angeles, California

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 12-15 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 124 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; dark brown, curly and shoulder length hair.
* Tattoos: There is a patterned tattoo on the front of the right thigh in sort of an oval-diamond pattern. Below this is some lettering which may possibly read "P backward -O-H". Below this is a tattoo with the letter "S", one above and the other below it, extending lateral to these is some other lettering (very difficult to read).
* Clothing: She wore a blue t-shirt, faded blue/black jeans, beige bra, green or white panties, white socks with read trim and black shoes.
* Jewelry: White-metal ring with lion head; white metal ring with green stone; heart shape yellow-metal ring; yellow metal I.D. bracelet; yellow metal chain; yellow metal chain with charms of a heart, rose & a St. Christopher medal; yellow metal ear stud with a charm; yellow metal earring stud with a clear stone.
* Fingerprints: Available.
* Dentals: Natural teeth with no fillings.

Case History
The victim is believed to have been dumped in the alley of 1200 W. 8th Street in Los Angeles.

Agency Case Number:
1989-05285

NCIC Number:
U-374457983

Here's the alley in which she was found.

1200 W. 8th Street Los Angeles CA map - Google Maps

Based on the location, it appears that she was dumped by a perp who exited from the southbound I-110. The location is the closest alleyway to the I-110 8th Street offramp. This would seem to suggest that her body was transported from the Pasadena area.

How sad. The only thing I could think of is perhaps she was undocumented, hence why no one has come forward to identify her (ie; they're all back in South or Central America or Mexico, without knowledge or an easy way to have contacted her back in the late 80s - lord knows there was NONE of the same technology today).

I wish there was a database of Mexican/Central/South Americans who have left their homes for the US, never to be heard of again. That would make it so much easier to identify those who have been found in the desert, etc. :/ My heart breaks for these people.

There is a website for missing persons from South America, but I can't find it right now. I'll look around and see if I can find it...

It is in Spanish, but I think google translate does a decent job of translating it, IIR.

There is a website for missing persons from South America, but I can't find it right now. I'll look around and see if I can find it...

It is in Spanish, but I think google translate does a decent job of translating it, IIR.

That would be awesome - thanks! I'm near fluent in Spanish (husband is from El Salvador), but if I have to read it or speak it for a long time it makes my head hurt LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back