1112 users online (219 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - Amanda Doss, 34, & two kids die in arson fire, Redwater, 11 May 2011

http://www.wtaw.com/2011/05/12/ne-te...d-as-homicide/

Amanda Doss 34 and her two kids - Appears to be Homicide then Arson

Please post any information you can find.

Thanks,

Kathy

Found a reference to this Ted Stampley in the comments of one of the news articles .. I wonder if this is the same Amanda Doss?

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Ted_Sampley

It is my distant cousin who is the father of Texas Johnson and he had a heart attack upon hearing the news of their deaths and is in the hospital? I am so very curious who might have killed this family. You always suspect ex husbands and spouses, I sure hope that isnt the case here.

Any sleuthing would be appreciated - I am just not as good as some here.

Thanks,

Kathy in Texas

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    Quote Originally Posted by AliVada View Post
    Found a reference to this Ted Stampley in the comments of one of the news articles .. I wonder if this is the same Amanda Doss?

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Ted_Sampley

It is my distant cousin who is the father of Texas Johnson and he had a heart attack upon hearing the news of their deaths and is in the hospital? I am so very curious who might have killed this family. You always suspect ex husbands and spouses, I sure hope that isnt the case here.

Any sleuthing would be appreciated - I am just not as good as some here.

Thanks,

Kathy in Texas

Hi Kathy ~
    From what I have been able to learn, this is the same Amanda Doss. I have been told how her daughter was murdered but, have not heard if Amanda and Texas were killed in the same manner. This does not appear to be a random crime. I hope whoever did this is caught - quickly.

When she was younger ~

I remember reading about this way back then.

[I]Although jurors sided with Palestine officers, the lawsuit was settled to avoid a prolonged appeals process

By LISA BOSE McDERMOTT
    Texarkana Gazette

The long court battle between a pair of Texarkana siblings and the Palestine, Texas, Police Department has ended in a $75,000 settlement, court records show.

Amanda and Bryan Prewett sued the City of Palestine, its police department and one if its officers, Anderson County and an Anderson County sheriff’s deputy for violating their civil rights.

The suit was brought after the Prewetts used an obscene gesture at the officers who were undercover in an unmarked police car.

They were arrested and jailed overnight in the Anderson County Jail. During their jail stay, Amanda Prewett was strip-searched, which her lawyer, David Carter, said was unlawful.

.....................<mod snip>.......................................

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=1500546
    Last edited by fran; 05-20-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: copyrights...................provide link.....................

Ruflossn is offline "Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.", ~ George Bernard Shaw ~
    There is no doubt Amanda has a colorful past. Mostly due to her political outspokeness, she had been the victim of death threats. I personally do not think her murder and those of her children were related to her political opinions. I think it was someone close to her. I hope this case is solved - quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruflossn View Post
    Hi Kathy ~
    From what I have been able to learn, this is the same Amanda Doss. I have been told how her daughter was murdered but, have not heard if Amanda and Texas were killed in the same manner. This does not appear to be a random crime. I hope whoever did this is caught - quickly.

An article in the Texarkana Gazette quotes Bowie County Chief Deputy Larry Parker as saying "Texas' body was too badly burned to gather any information, but the evidence collected from his mother and sister lead investigators to conclude the boy was killed in the same manner." You may already know this.

Whoever did this isn't being caught quickly, sad to say.

There is no doubt Amanda has a colorful past. Mostly due to her political outspokeness, she had been the victim of death threats. I personally do not think her murder and those of her children were related to her political opinions. I think it was someone close to her. I hope this case is solved - quickly.

I remember admiring her and her brother when I first read about their arrest.

I think whoever did this probably knew her and probably didn't care for her political opinions.

This is another site with some information.

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=3034#more-3034

Thanks for the link, jrc.
    Still no arrests.

Ruflossn, have you heard anything else?

Thanks for the link, jrc.
    Still no arrests.

Here's another one from a Tulsa paper.

Police: Arson likely a cover-up for homicide of mother, 2 children

Published: 5/25/2011 1:45 AM
    Last Modified: 5/25/2011 8:51 AM

Relatives of three people who were killed near Texarkana, Texas, are hoping that someone has information that could help authorities find the killer.

Amanda Doss and her two children - Guinevere Doss, 11, and Texas Johnson, 8 - were found in their burning Redwater, Texas, home May 11.

~ snip ~

Authorities received a call about a fire at the family's house in Redwater - about 10 miles west of Texarkana, said Bowie County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Larry Parker.

Once the bodies were found and the investigation began, there were "several little things that made us suspicious," he said.
    "We suspected it was a homicide with an arson to cover it up," he said.
    Authorities learned through autopsies on the victims that they did not die from the fire.

"As ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents) and Texas Rangers investigated, they were able to confirm that the individuals received very serious injuries that were capable of causing death" before the fire was set, Parker said.

Authorities are at a loss as to who would do this to the family, he said.
    "The investigation is still wide open," Parker said.

~ snip ~

"Amanda was real passionate about things that she believed in," Prewett said.

"One of the things she was really passionate about was supporting our military. (She) would travel hours and hours to meet the casket of a soldier being buried."

Doss worked with her mother in Texarkana and lived not far from her parents.

"Literally every night, they ate supper with us," Prewett said.

~ snip ~

"These were some of the most precious people in the world."

Prewett said the reward is being offered for anyone who has information that could lead to her family's killer or killers.

She asked anyone with any information to come forward to provide answers and closure.

"It is unimaginable that a human could do this do children," she said. "I want this monster caught."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...7063&rss_lnk=1

Another website ~ scroll down for story and video.

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=3034

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast