GUILTY TX - Amanda Doss, 34, & two kids die in arson fire, Redwater, 11 May 2011

Found a reference to this Ted Stampley in the comments of one of the news articles .. I wonder if this is the same Amanda Doss?

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Ted_Sampley

It is my distant cousin who is the father of Texas Johnson and he had a heart attack upon hearing the news of their deaths and is in the hospital? I am so very curious who might have killed this family. You always suspect ex husbands and spouses, I sure hope that isnt the case here.

Any sleuthing would be appreciated - I am just not as good as some here.

Thanks,

Kathy in Texas

Found a reference to this Ted Stampley in the comments of one of the news articles .. I wonder if this is the same Amanda Doss?

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Ted_Sampley

It is my distant cousin who is the father of Texas Johnson and he had a heart attack upon hearing the news of their deaths and is in the hospital? I am so very curious who might have killed this family. You always suspect ex husbands and spouses, I sure hope that isnt the case here.

Any sleuthing would be appreciated - I am just not as good as some here.

Thanks,

Kathy in Texas

Hi Kathy ~
From what I have been able to learn, this is the same Amanda Doss. I have been told how her daughter was murdered but, have not heard if Amanda and Texas were killed in the same manner. This does not appear to be a random crime. I hope whoever did this is caught - quickly.

I remember reading about this way back then.

Although jurors sided with Palestine officers, the lawsuit was settled to avoid a prolonged appeals process

By LISA BOSE McDERMOTT
Texarkana Gazette

The long court battle between a pair of Texarkana siblings and the Palestine, Texas, Police Department has ended in a $75,000 settlement, court records show.

Amanda and Bryan Prewett sued the City of Palestine, its police department and one if its officers, Anderson County and an Anderson County sheriff’s deputy for violating their civil rights.

The suit was brought after the Prewetts used an obscene gesture at the officers who were undercover in an unmarked police car.

They were arrested and jailed overnight in the Anderson County Jail. During their jail stay, Amanda Prewett was strip-searched, which her lawyer, David Carter, said was unlawful.

.....................<mod snip>.......................................

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.democraticunderground.co...sg&forum=364&topic_id=1499689&mesg_id=1500546

There is no doubt Amanda has a colorful past. Mostly due to her political outspokeness, she had been the victim of death threats. I personally do not think her murder and those of her children were related to her political opinions. I think it was someone close to her. I hope this case is solved - quickly.

Hi Kathy ~
From what I have been able to learn, this is the same Amanda Doss. I have been told how her daughter was murdered but, have not heard if Amanda and Texas were killed in the same manner. This does not appear to be a random crime. I hope whoever did this is caught - quickly.

An article in the Texarkana Gazette quotes Bowie County Chief Deputy Larry Parker as saying "Texas' body was too badly burned to gather any information, but the evidence collected from his mother and sister lead investigators to conclude the boy was killed in the same manner." You may already know this.

Whoever did this isn't being caught quickly, sad to say.

There is no doubt Amanda has a colorful past. Mostly due to her political outspokeness, she had been the victim of death threats. I personally do not think her murder and those of her children were related to her political opinions. I think it was someone close to her. I hope this case is solved - quickly.

I remember admiring her and her brother when I first read about their arrest.

I think whoever did this probably knew her and probably didn't care for her political opinions.

Thanks for the link, jrc.
Still no arrests.

:(

Ruflossn, have you heard anything else?

Thanks for the link, jrc.
Still no arrests.
:(

Here's another one from a Tulsa paper.

Police: Arson likely a cover-up for homicide of mother, 2 children

Published: 5/25/2011 1:45 AM
Last Modified: 5/25/2011 8:51 AM

Relatives of three people who were killed near Texarkana, Texas, are hoping that someone has information that could help authorities find the killer.

Amanda Doss and her two children - Guinevere Doss, 11, and Texas Johnson, 8 - were found in their burning Redwater, Texas, home May 11.

~ snip ~

Authorities received a call about a fire at the family's house in Redwater - about 10 miles west of Texarkana, said Bowie County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Larry Parker.

Once the bodies were found and the investigation began, there were "several little things that made us suspicious," he said.
"We suspected it was a homicide with an arson to cover it up," he said.
Authorities learned through autopsies on the victims that they did not die from the fire.

"As ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents) and Texas Rangers investigated, they were able to confirm that the individuals received very serious injuries that were capable of causing death" before the fire was set, Parker said.

Authorities are at a loss as to who would do this to the family, he said.
"The investigation is still wide open," Parker said.

~ snip ~

"Amanda was real passionate about things that she believed in," Prewett said.

"One of the things she was really passionate about was supporting our military. (She) would travel hours and hours to meet the casket of a soldier being buried."

Doss worked with her mother in Texarkana and lived not far from her parents.

"Literally every night, they ate supper with us," Prewett said.

~ snip ~

"These were some of the most precious people in the world."

Prewett said the reward is being offered for anyone who has information that could lead to her family's killer or killers.

She asked anyone with any information to come forward to provide answers and closure.

"It is unimaginable that a human could do this do children," she said. "I want this monster caught."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/arti...icleid=20110525_11_A11_CUTLIN157063&rss_lnk=1
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/arti...icleid=20110525_11_A11_CUTLIN157063&rss_lnk=1

Reward for information in homicides now $44,300

The reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for a May 11 triple homicide in Bowie County is now $44,300.

Concerned citizens and local businesses have pledged $40,300 of the amount meant to encourage anyone with information concerning the slayings of Amanda Doss, 34, and her two children, Guinevere Doss, 11, and Texas Johnson, 8, said Bowie County Chief Deputy Larry Parker.

~ snip ~

“I was out with the Ranger last week running down leads. It takes time to run them all down,” Parker said.

BCSO and the Texas Rangers are actively working the case, Parker said.

“Somebody knows something,” Parker said. “We just hope they’ll call the sheriff’s department.”

Parker said forensic evidence collected at the crime scene is still being processed by the Texas Department of Public Safety Crime Lab and may provide insight in the future.

“We’re working it day by day,” Parker said. “This is not a cold case.”

~ snip ~

We are treating the case as a capital murder investigation.

~ snip ~

Anyone with information is urged to contact the BCSO at 903-798-3149 or CrimeStoppers at 903-793-7867.

Texarkana Gazette
Published: 06/09/2011

Details emerge in triple murder

Grandmother pleads for clues; citizens continue to up reward money
By: Lynn LaRowe - Texarkana Gazette

Amanda

Guinevere

Texas

It’s been two months since Wanda Prewett’s daughter and grandchildren were murdered in their home, yet her call for justice remains louder than ever.

~ snip ~

Prewett’s despair began before daybreak May 11.

About 4:45 a.m., she received a call from Guinevere, according to a search warrant affidavit seeking judicial approval to look for and remove evidence from the family’s home on Farm to Market Road 991. The warrant authorized the use of a police K-9 trained to alert on accelerants that might have been used to start the blaze that ravaged the home.

Investigators were told by the Prewetts that “Guinevere was screaming for her mother before the connection was lost,” the affidavit said.

The Prewetts, who live a short distance from their daughter’s home, found the house on fire when they arrived.

“(The Prewetts) arrived at the home to find their daughter covered in blood and not moving. Their granddaughter was covered in blood and on fire,” the affidavit said. “(The Prewetts) were able to pull Guinevere Doss from the home, but she was deceased. There is a large laceration across her throat that appears suspicious in nature.”

The Prewetts were unable to find Texas before the fire’s intensity drove them from the house, the affidavit said.

Investigators removed a number of items from the scorched residence, according to a search warrant return.

Cartridge casings were collected from a hallway and the master bedroom. The caliber and number of cartridges is not noted.

A spent cartridge casing was found in the master bedroom, where a revolver was recovered from beneath the bed. A cell phone was found on the floor of the master bedroom. A second cell phone was recovered from the floor near a doorway on the home’s west end.

Four paint cans noted as “K-9 alert” 1, 2, 3 and 4 were collected.

~ snip ~

Other evidence collected included a knife blade noted as being “near 11-year-old’s body.”

From a hallway, investigators collected a pocket knife, several hair samples, a tie wrap with “suspected hair,” a pair of glasses and suspected blood samples.

A “burned rifle/shotgun combo” was found in the computer room.

An electronic gate opener was recovered from a mailbox outside the gate.

~ snip ~

In Doss’ sport utility vehicle, investigators found a black purse containing her driver’s license and other items. A Taurus .38 special revolver in a black holster was recovered from the driver’s floorboard.

Investigators swabbed several areas of the house and took pieces of flooring.

A second search warrant was obtained for a truck belonging to Bradley Johnson, Texas’ father. According to the affidavit, Johnson’s behavior at the scene the day of the murders led to the requests.

“He arrived on scene driving erratically and nearly struck several volunteer firefighters,” the affidavit said. “Due to his driving off of the roadway and into the bar ditch, the rear passenger tire was flattened. Mr. Johnson’s demeanor was uncontrollable ... He threatened himself harm and was very agitated at news media that was at the scene. Mr. Johnson ended up leaving the scene by ambulance and left his truck at the side of the road.”

Multiple swabs of suspected blood stains were taken from the truck, as well as seven .38-caliber cartridges, the affidavit said. A K-9 did not alert to the presence of any evidence of accelerants in the truck.

~ snip ~

Parker urged anyone with information, even if it seems trivial or irrelevant, to contact Bowie County Sheriff’s Office at 903-798-3149 or CrimeStoppers at 903-793-7867.

~ snip ~

Doss and Guinevere’s birthdays are next month, their grandmother noted.

“We don’t want people to forget. We need this solved. Somebody who shouldn’t be is walking around free.”

llarowe@texarkanagazette.com

Published: 07/17/2011

Reward up to $144,570

Group pledges $100,000; family pleads for justice

Staff photo by Evan Lewis. Glen and Wanda Prewett, parents of Amanda Doss, plead for information leading to the arrest of the person(s) responsible for the house fire and deaths of their daughter and two grandchildren, Guinevere Doss, 11, and Texas Johnson, 8, during a press conference Tuesday morning at the Bi-State Justice Building in downtown Texarkana. The reward has been increased to $144,570.

The reward for information concerning the May 11 murders of a Bowie County woman and her two children now exceeds $144,000.

Bowie County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Larry Parker announced Tuesday that a representative of a group wishing to remain anonymous has pledged $100,000 toward the reward for information of the person or persons responsible for the murders of Amanda Doss, 34, Guinevere Doss, 11, and Texas Johnson, 8.

~ snip ~

“I’d like to thank everybody who has contributed to the reward and scholarship fund,” said Glen Prewett, father of Doss and grandfather of Texas and Guinevere. “It’s hard to believe there are such extremes of people in this world.”

Glen Prewett and his wife, Wanda Prewett, made a plea to the public Tuesday morning to come forward with information.

As Wanda Prewett read a prepared statement including personal stories about each victim, Glen Prewett sat beside her and held up a photo of the victim.

“Someone out there knows who did this. Someone knows something,” Wanda Prewett said.

~ snip ~

The Prewetts believe that someone, perhaps with just a “nagging suspicion,” could provide the tip needed to bring justice.

The Prewetts are still healing from the burns they suffered May 11 trying to save their family from the fire set in an apparent attempt to destroy evidence.

Collected from the crime scene were several guns, numerous cartridges and a spent cartridge. A law enforcement K-9 indicated that four paint cans in the house might have contained an accellerant used to start the blaze.

Parker said the BCSO has not received reports concerning all of the evidence sent to the state crime lab for testing.

He said leads continue to come in and are being investigated by the sheriff’s office and Texas Rangers.

“This has been a difficult investigation. It’s a fire scene, so it’s more difficult to collect evidence,” Parker said. “It’s tough on the sheriff’s office and the whole community.”

The Prewetts, who live just a half mile from their daughter’s house, said the day and night before the murders were uneventful and routine. As they did most evenings, the family ate together at the Prewetts’ home. Wanda Prewett helped her grandchildren into their pajamas and tucked them into bed the night before they were killed.

About 4:45 a.m., Wanda Prewett received a disturbing call from Guinevere. A search warrant affidavit states that Guinevere was screaming for her mother.

“I know of no threats against her,” Wanda Prewett said of her daughter.

Wanda Prewett said she and her daughter worked together at Computer Link in Texarkana and enjoyed a close relationship.

~ snip ~

“I can’t imagine somebody who could do this and still live with themselves,” Glen Prewett said.

“The only thing that would make it better is hearing an arrest has been made,” Wanda Prewett said. “This killer still walks free, and my babies are buried.”

Published: 07/20/2011

Boy’s father speaks on murders

The father of 8-year-old Texas Johnson said he is hopeful his son’s killer will be brought to justice.

******* ******* said when he received a call from his son’s grandmother on the morning of May 11, he rushed to the home on Farm to Market Road 991, where Texas lived with his sister, 11-year-old Guinevere, and mother, Amanda Prewett Doss, 34.

“I started running toward the house, and three firemen tackled me,” (he) said.

(He) said he was overcome with emotion when he realized his ex-wife, stepdaughter and son were still inside the house as flames engulfed it.

“He thought there was a chance they were still alive, and he wanted to get them out,” said Doss’ mother, Wanda Prewett.

“Just like we did,” said Doss’ father, Glen Prewett.

~ snip ~

(He) said he and Doss enjoyed a close relationship and he spent many happy hours with his son.

“You just can’t imagine what it’s like,” (he) said of his grief. “I was very involved in their lives.”

(He) said he willingly submitted to a polygraph administered by the Texas Rangers. Bowie County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Larry Parker confirmed (he) passed the polygraph examination.

~ snip ~

He said a search warrant affidavit stating he was taken from the scene by ambulance is incorrect.

“The pastor drove me to the hospital,” (he) said.

(He) said he gave investigators keys to his home, office and other vehicles so they could be searched. (He) said he wanted the officers to be able to conduct that part of their investigation quickly so they could focus their efforts on finding who is responsible.

~ snip ~

(He) said he might feel some relief from his grief and sadness if an arrest is made.

“I’m sure the community will feel better too,” (he) said. “We all want to find out who did this.”'

Anyone with information is urged to contact BCSO at 903-798-3149 or CrimeStoppers at 903-793-7867.

Published: 07/20/2011

How awful! I hope the investigation is swift and that whoever is responsible will be found and brought to trial swiftly.

Why kill the children? I don't believe anyone has the right to murder anyone, yet this , killed not only the person he was angry at, but her two children as well. This makes no sense at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back