2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember this Juror's #? TIA

JUROR RECAP #1011: 59 year old male.

Pretrial Publicity: *First heard of the case when he saw Casey Anthony being arrested on the news. *Read some news accounts of the case but doesn't remember any details. *Hasn't formed an opinion on whether Casey is guilty or innocent. *Says he would "do the best he possibly could" if asked to serve. *Sometimes watches the news (local news or CNN) while "scanning channels". *Doesn't watch Early Show, 48 Hours, etc. *Only reads and subscribes to 1 magazine- Goldmine. *Recently subscribed to the St. Petersburg Times (only for coupons). *Doesn't read the news or any blogs online. Only uses the internet for Amazon and eBay. *Hasn't seen photos of George or Cindy Anthony, and never seen them give any interviews. *Hasn't seen any members of the prosecution or defense on TV before. *Watches news once or twice a week. *Was nervous about the cameras in the courtroom at first but is comfortable now. *Would not want to talk to the media after the trial. *"Has no problems" serving on the jury.

Death Penalty Stance: For it. *Would vote DP or life in prison w/o parole depending upon circumstances. *Feels strongly about imposing DP for murder of a police officer or a random, innocent person being killed. *Was asked on a scale from 1-10 (10 being completely for it) how for the death penalty is he- answered an 8. *DP topic isn't one that often comes up in conversations..hasn't thought about his stance on it much recently. *Is a Presbyterian, but has no religious or political DP views. *Would consider age, lack of maturity, history of abuse, family history , brain development and social background as mitigating circumstances. *Would NOT consider employment history as a mitigating circumstance.

Misc.: *Retired (for less than 1 year) from irrigation work at St. Petersburg College. *Former musician. Used to be in a Jazz band. *Originally from West Virginia- has lived in FL approx 10 years. *Called for jury duty once (in WV at age 18)..doesn't remember much about it. *Doesn't know any crime victims or anyone in law enforcement. *Has diabetes. *Arrested in 2006 for misdemeanor DUI- served no jail time. Received community service and had to take classes.

Family: *Widowed. *Has 1 child (daughter- age 29) who lives in Ohio. *No grandchildren. *1 sister (who lives in Ohio). *Has 1 cat..has owned dogs in the past (approx 25 years ago).

State: No challenges/objections. Defense: Challenges/objects based upon cause being he gave untruthful answers re: being arrested in the past, his memorabilia hobbies (didn't disclose he owned crime memorabilia) and are worried about his answers to mitigating circumstances because he changed them due to lack of understanding at first.[/B]

Judge: Overrules objections. Defense: Strikes.

Juror released.

next juror has not heard much about the case... just about the arrest and when they found caylee in the woods

has he formed an opinion?? yes I thought she did it

Alright this guy is going to be REALLY hard to listen to for like 3 hours...

I think somebody at CNN.com/live went for a long lunch - whoops, the picture just popped up, already talked to the P.J.

Did we get one or two approved this morning? Sorry, I had to go grocery shopping since I put it off since Monday.

PJ being questioned about pre trial publicity and his opinion, stated that he guessed she was guilty.

Oh boy...this guy is difficult to listen to. He's kinda wishy-washy in his answers.

1019 - male - African American, no hardship, no financial, medical, family, employed IT, employer won't hassle for time off, thinks he will be paid.

This man does not sound at all sure that he can set aside his notions of guilt...

if selected you will be required to set aside any ideas, etc or opinions etc., what you have seen/heard and based on the evidence you see here and the law I tell you, etc., HHJP is so good at giving the PJ the intro speech. There is no right or wrong answer but in your heart of hearts are you able to do that sir. Yes. Any hesitation or reservation - No. You understand if selected anything you have gleaned, conclusions you have arrived at, you cannot use it to fill in the blanks. Any concern about your ability to do that. No.

HHJP..."and I don't mean to be redundant." LOL Here's looking at you BAEZ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10