2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Evening Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nite all, time to go home and "let fly the dogs of war"... Ok, there only puppies but they do make it seem like war sometimes! :)

Whew, this has been some trip we are traveling on. :rollercoaster:

Thank you all for coming over while court is in recess.

You guys have been so great all day making it so much easier to moderate the threads today.

Misha sends you all some cookies and lots of :blowkiss:

Does anyone have a screen shot of the laptop with WS on?? :floorlaugh:

Bringing over from last thread:

OK OK OK....everybody calm down about the "juror".....she isn't even on the final panel yet, right? Won't the state be able to strike her without cause.....? I mean, games not over yet, right??????????????????? Lawyers? Anybody?

No. She is on. JA tried to use his peremptory or strike without case, it was objected to and sustained which I have NEVER seen before. She is the first juror we know is on the panel, as far as I am concerned. JA failed to question her more or use a challenge for cause first which was a big mistake. They are talking about this on the news.

Wrong.

I am getting VERY confused....

Does the State still have the option to STRIKE this juror under ANY circumstance?

Keep seeing it referred to as "juror is DEFINITELY on jury now"

"State will have to use 1 of 10 strikes"

"SA blew it"

Is she DEFINITELY going to be sat on jury?

They did try to strike without case and it was objected to and sustained.

I think the state will use one of their 10 dismissals to dismiss her.

Already did. It did not work.

I think youre getting way ahead of yourself.

Nope.

i am not as worried about her as others - I think she'll just sit quiet and not ask questions and just kinda go with the flow. she didn't sound to me like a "critical thinker"...I think she'll just zone out....hear the basics (didn't report the baby missing) and vote with the group.

I pray you are right!!!!!!!!! But my lawyer instinct is very concerned. I feel a tiny bit sick.

She may not be a main juror. She may become an alternate. If an alternate, she may never have any say in the final judgment.

The first ones to be seated are the ones on the main jury. Then, they select alternates.

someone please, please correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that JA tried to do just that and HHJP said he may not, because JB claimed it was because of her race. which means she is DEFINITELY on the jury. yes or no? anyone?

You are right.

How come Mason thought tomorrow was a 1/2 day?

Maybe these folks should bring a change of clothes with them from now on.
Jammies.
imo

I'm here............but going to take a quick break for something to drink before they come back.......I've got a question. What did HHMP mean by the word, "Back Strike?"

HHJP is certainly syrupy sugar sweet to CM.....

Can anyone point me to anything Brad Conway has said that has broken his client/attorney privilege to George and Cindy?

can you all give live links on this page....it makes it easier when someone is just joining :) im not on my reg computer so i dont have them saved :)

Okay, so the last PJ....Does the law require one to consider age as a mitigating factor or what? I understand why the DT would want someone to consider that, but do not understand why him saying he doesn't think age should be a factor should get him booted. Can anyone explain that to me? Thanks :)

How come Mason thought tomorrow was a 1/2 day?

Maybe these folks should bring a change of clothes with them from now on.
Jammies.
imo

Hey we need to have a full strengh jury buy saturday even if it menas staying unitl 2am IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth