UK woman drowned by garden gnome

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Killed by the gargoyle she hated: Teacher drowned in an
18-inch pond after getting trapped under water by a garden statue

A former teacher drowned in just over a foot of water after she was pinned down by a fallen garden statue.

Ann Newton had gone into the garden in her slippers to feed the birds when she tripped and fell into the shallow pond, an inquest heard.

The 58-year-old's blouse became hooked on an ornamental wooden carved tree trunk as she filled a bird feeder.

The wooden post then toppled, fell on top of her and dragged her under the 18inches of water
---
Mr Lunn, 75, said: 'It's such a bizarre death, it has broken my heart.'

He said: 'Nobody liked the ornament, people kept telling me to get rid of it. If I had done she might have got out of the water.'
---
much more, including pictures (of the hated Scottish garden gnome) at Daily Mail link above

gnome.jpg

Oh my, I do NOT like this gnome, and the husband kept it???? :eek::eek::eek:

The garden gnome, out on bond, is expected to plead not guilty to being an accessory. The gnome had no comment for the media at this time, and details of its relationship to the victim have not been established.

The garden gnome, out on bond, is expected to plead not guilty to being an accessory. The gnome had no comment for the media at this time, and details of its relationship to the victim have not been established.
:great::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm sorry but that thing is penile.

I think it's hysterical looking. But I'd be gettin rid of it. How do you get rid of it without pissing that thing of more? Talk about bad Juju.

Does make you wonder about the grand scheme of things and a master plan and all of that stuff...was this woman really destined to die pinned under a lawn/garden ornament from the time of her birth...? Yikes...

It looks like it's carved from wood, wood floats. So....WTH?

no way

she had to have hit her head & been unconscious

the pond is tiny - in fact I've never seen a 'pond' so tiny - and she would've been able to pull her body around the wooden gnome and lift her head up for air, even face-down ... half of her body would've been out of the pond anyway, it's so small

I don't believe the acc't of what happened for a minute

I really hope LE does not buy such a ridiculous story. I do not believe it at all! Keeping the gnome that killed her,what is that his trophy if he gets away with murder!

um, this thread freaks me out.

You know how some people are like pathologically freaked out by clowns? I am not like spazzed by them, by that is because I don't go around them or look at that image. Like garden gnomes? Forget it, they are Creepy with a capital C. That little dude on the travel commercial gives me the willies and I avoid watching when possible, lol.

I could not even bring myself to open this thread til now, although I have seen it over there on the list since post 1.

What a bizarre way to die?!?! I mean really. I am a little disconcerted and uncomfortable with this whole story.

*Shudder*

It seems odd to me that even if she couldn't get her whole body out of the pond, couldn't she have at least turned her head so she could breathe?? Not saying I don't believe the story, it just seems a little strange.

And that thing does look like a wiener with a face.

What a freaky story. I've always been freaked out by garden gnomes! I feel kind of bad for laughing, cause the woman died, but it is funny! I just wonder if her death didn't happen the way they said it did.

gnome.jpg

Oh my, I do NOT like this gnome, and the husband kept it???? :eek::eek::eek:

If you can't tell that thing is evil at first glance you're a nut. JMO

Does make you wonder about the grand scheme of things and a master plan and all of that stuff...was this woman really destined to die pinned under a lawn/garden ornament from the time of her birth...? Yikes...

I think it's more likely that the gnome was destined to kill someone. JMO

Creepy indeed!

Garden Gnomes are straight up tacky anyways.I don't know what is worse....gnomes or people who spray paint tires white and then plant flowers in them.Straight up ghetto.

:eek: That thing could be a star!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23