625 users online (110 members and 515 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

Cell phones signals really are killing the bees, study shows

If there’s one thing people around the world love to do — in fact, need to do — it’s eat. Unfortunately, another thing everyone likes to do is talk on their cell phones. And according to a new study, these two activities are completely at odds because of a cell phone signal’s confusing effects on one key player: bees.

Researcher Daniel Favre of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology has found that wireless signals cause honeybees to become so disoriented that they finally just die. Favre’s team conducted 83 separate experiments that tested bees’ reactions to a nearby cellphone.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

OMG! We're all gonna die!

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

I wonder if it varying the frequencies makes any difference?

Palm Springs
    Not to worry. Move along. Nothing to see here!

Even if these findings are universally confirmed, Verizon and AT&T can just borrow p.r. experts from the oil companies to tell us "the science is inconclusive," "sun spots are probably to blame" and "bees are regularly driven to extinction by cell phone transmissions as part of the natural cycle."

So not to worry (unless you're a bee).