Heaviest teen, now deathly ill from anorexia

peeples

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/...anorexia/?intcmp=sem_outloud&intcmp=obnetwork

Malissa Jones, dropped from 448 pounds to just 112 pounds following the operation in January 2008.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...tains-fattest-teenager-battling-anorexia.html

Despite the risk of drastic surgery in such a young girl, she survived the operation and within a year lost more than half her body weight.

She started going clubbing and fell pregnant with farmer boyfriend Chris Robottom, 22. In February, after six months' pregnancy, she became ill with liver failure and her baby had to be delivered by Caesarean.

Sadly her baby, Harry, died an hour after delivery. Doctors then revealed Malissa's failure to eat properly had led to him being malnourished.

Clinical psychologist Dr Funke Baffour from Waltham Cross, Herts, said: 'There would have been psychological reasons for Malissa' obesity that a gastric band would not have dealt with.

'It is not surprising she has swapped one emotional relationship with food for another.

I'm having a hard time being sympathetic after reading she starved her unborn baby to death.

She did not look healthy enough to carry a child and I am unsure if a baby born at 6 months gestation would survive eating disorder or not.

From what I know in the states, anyone who has gastric bypass surgery is required to have extensive counseling. I don't know if that is offered in the UK or if this girl had participated in that counseling.

I hope she is able to get the help she needs to become healthy both physically and emotionally.

I'm having a hard time being sympathetic after reading she starved her unborn baby to death.

This young lady did not choose to do that intentionally. I feel for her and her illness. The cost for all has been high. I have to question her medical care as well as those involved in such missing the psychological signs.

I wish her well. So very sad.

Very sad, I pray she gets the help she so desperately needs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back