Violence at Eastern Guilford High Draws Parents to Administration

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Violence at Eastern Guilford High Draws Parents to Administration
"My son's in a classroom with 10 to 12 gang members," parent says

GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP)— Parents of Eastern Guilford High School students confronted administrators in the central office Friday about their children being subjected to fights and other disorderly conduct on a daily basis.

Jon Dowell, who has two children enrolled at Eastern Guilford, said his kids tell him about fights, drug use, and sexual activity happening on campus regularly.

A video clip that the parent shared with FOX8 shows a fight between two students at Eastern Guilford, where he said this type of violence is not irregular

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-eastern-guilford-110513,0,2061622.story

I am glad to see this parent stepping up to the plate here because it is apparent the schools anymore don't feel or think they need to deal with it....

You go Jon Dowell !

I'm not letting the administration off the hook, but if the kids had good decent involved caring parents, they wouldn't be doing drugs, fighting and having sex at school.

Well, I'm not living in that state, but we hear this stuff about the schools here all the time too. Sad, so very sad. And the last poster is so right about lack of parenting being a huge factor here.

I'm not letting the administration off the hook, but if the kids had good decent involved caring parents, they wouldn't be doing drugs, fighting and having sex at school.

Your right peeples about the parents status, parents should be held more accountable as well as the schools stepping it up.

Your right peeples about the parents status, parents should be held more accountable as well as the schools stepping it up.

You can also bet that it isn't the parents of those not nurtured at home that are complaining. I see your logic, but do we just blame parents and shrug our shoulders when there are children from loving environments being targeted daily?

You can also bet that it isn't the parents of those not nurtured at home that are complaining. I see your logic, but do we just blame parents and shrug our shoulders when there are children from loving environments being targeted daily?

You toss out and criminally charge the thugs. Give them house arrest and force their own parents to deal with them. imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back