IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.suntimes.com/5387425-417/aurora-boy-missing-mom-found-dead-in-motel-room.html

SUN-TIMES MEDIA WIRE May 15, 2011 12:55AM

The father of a missing six-year-old boy from Aurora said he was still waiting late Saturday to learn the whereabouts of his son after his wife — who was found dead of an apparent suicide earlier in the day — had taken him and vanished last week.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Aurora police are leading the search for a missing 6-year-old boy whose mother was found dead today in a Rockford motel room from an apparent suicide.

The mother, Amy J. Fry-Pitzen, 43, was discovered dead by Rockford police this afternoon inside of a motel room in the 3800 block of 11th Street in Rockford, with no signs of her son, Timothy, Aurora police said in a news release.

Fry-Pitzen, of the 400 block of North Highland Avenue in Aurora, suffered slit wrists, authorities said.

The mom left a note saying that Timothy was fine and that she left him in the care of unnamed individuals, authorities said. Aurora detectives are working with other police departments in Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa hoping to gain new leads. Fry-Pitzen has several relatives and friends in Iowa, police added.

After Fry-Pitzen's husband reported the pair missing on Thursday, police discovered that Fry-Pitzen had checked her son out of his school the previous morning.

Timothy is described as a white, about 4-foot-2 inches tall, weighing about 70 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Snipped from: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...found-dead-20110514,0,5866281.story?track=rss

The father of a missing six-year-old boy from Aurora said he was still waiting late Saturday to learn the whereabouts of his son after his wife — who was found dead of an apparent suicide earlier in the day — had taken him and vanished last week.

“There is a lot of people out looking for him,’’ Jim Pitzen said of his son, Timothy Pitzen, a kindergartener in Aurora.

He said he and police have contacted “a lot of people’’ but they still have no idea where the boy is.

“She was not in a good place when said left,’’ Jim Pitzen said of his wife, Amy Fry-Pitzen, when she left the home Wednesday.

Police said Fry-Pitzen, 43, took her son out of school at 8:35 a.m. Wednesday. Jim Pitzen reported them missing at 1 p.m. Thursday.

The couple’s eighth wedding anniversary would have been this week.

Snipped: http://www.suntimes.com/5387425-417/aurora-boy-missing-mom-found-dead-in-motel-room.html

http://www.wrex.com/Global/story.asp?S=14647423
Aurora Police have confirmed that Amy and Timothy stayed at the Key Lime Cove Resort in Gurnee, Illinois on Wednesday night; and the Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells on Thursday night. Amy was also seen at Sullivan's Foods in the 700 block of Elida Street in Winnebago, Illinois, at around 8:00 p.m., Friday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ssing-after-mother-found-dead-20110514Several of the woman's family members and acquaintances spoke with her Friday. Fry-Pitzen told them that she and her son were fine and not in danger. One relative spoke with the child, who didn't sound as if he was in any distress, police said.,0,5866281.story?track=rss

I have the feeling this is going to turn out badly. What kind of "not in a good place" was she in? Was she running from her husband? Were they estranged? Was she being treated for mental illness already?

If the object wasn't to deprive the husband of the child, why not state where the boy is?

Those resorts she went to are typically visited by people with children. My worst fears say she wanted to treat her son to something nice because she knew what she was going to do.

I hope I am wrong, but I do not think that precious little boy is with us any longer.

I agree with the pessimistic doubts, sadly. Why check your son out of school while you are
going to go and commit suicide? That makes no sense. And taking him to those fun places reeks of earlier stories of parents who have done the same thing, right before their murder/suicides. I am very scared for this poor child.

Soyesterday, the two boys could be twins if you compare the pics, but the missing boy is described as 4ft 2in, 70 lbs. the boy whose boby was found is 3ft 8in, and only 45 lbs.

Still, I guess it could be him if either description was reported incorrectly. 70 lbs is awfully heavy for a six year old!

Soyesterday, they two boys could be twins if you compare the pics, but the missing boy is described as 4ft 2in, 70 lbs. the boy whose boby was found is 3ft 8in, and only 45 lbs.

Still, I guess it could be him if either description was reported incorrectly. 70 lbs is awfully heavy for a six year old!

Also, one has blue eyes, the other brown eyes.

UID Child:
Steve McCausland of the Maine Department of Public Safety said the boy is believed to be between 4 and 6 years old with dirty blond hair and blue eyes.
Police said the boy is 3 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 45 pounds.

VS.

The missing boy is described as 4 feet, 2 inches, weighing 70 pounds, with brown hair and eyes.

The report at wlsam.com notes that Timothy was last seen with his mom Amy on Friday morning. One of the friends or relatives spoke with him by phone shortly after noon on Friday.

After that, Amy was seen at a store and checking in to the motel where her body would later be found. She was apparently alone.

This is heartbreaking. What an adorable smile. His father must be inconsolable.

There is plenty of farmland, open spaces, etc between Winnebago and Rockford. I am praying hard for that little boy. I hope he is safe somewhere.

Search Continues For Missing Aurora Boy

Investigators have expanded their search efforts to include the Chicagoland while 6 year old Timothy Pitzen’s father and grandmother have started a prayer chain, hoping to hear good news.

More: http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/aurora-police-continue-search-for-missing-boy-20110515

Also, a more specific timeline from the link:

Wednesday, May 11
AM - Mom checks Timothy out of school
Stoped at Key Lime Cove Water Park in Gurnee
Headed to the Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells

Friday, May 13
10:10 am - Checked out of Kalahari Resort
12:00 - 1:30 pm - Made calls from Sterling / Rock Falls area
PM - mom shows up at Rockford Motel alone

Saturday, May 14
AM - Mom's body found, with suicide note, saying she left Timothy safe with someone

This reminds me too much of Skelton, telling people about a 'friend' who he gave the children safely to. And of course, Casey Anthony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail