A heartfelt Thank You from the mods

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
So, I was thinking "When was the last time anyone said THANK YOU to you guys - the posters/members?". Methinks it is long, long overdue.

You guys are the heart of WS. :heartbeat: The mods, admins & Tricia want you to know how much we appreciate everything you bring here. It has been insanely busy around this forum the past couple of weeks and it is only going to get busier. As a group, our patience has been tested during voir dire and you guys have managed to self-edit and continued to post very responsibly. :bowdown: Thank you so much. We want you to know it has not gone unnoticed and you have our respect and gratitude.

So, thank you for your devotion to Caylee. Thank you for your membership and dedication to Websleuths. And thank you for exhibiting amazing restraint while posting during this emotionally charged time.

Here's a Beach "thank you", but check back in because I think ynot might be catering a celebration in your honor a little later today. :)

beachthank-you.jpg

Back at you, Mods!

I posted on the Sidebar thread asking about what posting format will be followed for when testimony starts. I was commenting(well..........complaining, I suppose) about the large amounts of extraneous posts in the daily Trial Thread. Lots about the local weather, personal activities, etc.

And, yes, one can scroll on through. But to scroll through 8 people posting "It is raining really hard here" or 10 people posting "Lost the feed. What's going on?" to get to ONE post about what is happening in the courtroom is just crazy.

Any thoughts from our dear Mods on this?

I answered you [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489782&postcount=665"]right here[/ame] on the Sidebar thread. :)

A big ole gigantic THANK YOU! to you, mods.:woohoo::great::great::woohoo: You have the patience of saints.:angel: And I love the treats you fix for the breaks....:cupcake::party::sundae:

Thanks for your tireless oversight! :rocker:

Thanks just isn't enough for all you mods do. But thank you for the kind words!! :)

I truly appreciate that people here really do try to self edit and regulate their emotions in such an emotionally charged case. Furthermore, everyone is civil and discussing their thoughts, feelings, observations, expansive knowledge of many aspects of this case. I have truly grown and learned to become even more tolerant since I have been a member here, and for that I thank all of you WS'rs! I am truly blessed to have found so many good people with a common goal of find justice for one small child.

Thank you little Caylee for bringing such joy to me in the wake of your horrific death, every time the lights flicker in the courtroom or the video flickers in and out . . . I just know you are there with us little one. We will be here at your side to see this through.

Thank you soooo much right back at all of you!

I've admired WS for years as a silent reader. I know I am part of the reason you all have become busier lately as I could resist no longer being a more active participant.......Thank you for the opportunity!

Justice for Caylee

Thank you, everyone, and especially for caring so much about sweet Caylee!

:grouphug:

I also appreciate all the hard work of the Mods, and Tricia & for keeping this amazing site up and running. If ever I didn't want to get a time out or banned (not that I ever DID, mind you :innocent: ) it is now, just before the trial. :gasp: I'd be joining Casey in her panic attacks :panic: if I weren't able to get onto this site and post. It truly is a privilege, and I am grateful! :tyou: :yourock: :blowkiss:

As someone who has followed precious little Caylee's case from the beginning, I also want to thank the Mods who have struggled along with the rest of us to understand why this had to have happened to her.

Thank you to the Mods here at WS! I appreciate you. I will strive not to add to your headaches!

Back at you, Mods!

I posted on the Sidebar thread asking about what posting format will be followed for when testimony starts. I was commenting(well..........complaining, I suppose) about the large amounts of extraneous posts in the daily Trial Thread. Lots about the local weather, personal activities, etc.

And, yes, one can scroll on through. But to scroll through 8 people posting "It is raining really hard here" or 10 people posting "Lost the feed. What's going on?" to get to ONE post about what is happening in the courtroom is just crazy.

Any thoughts from our dear Mods on this?

I have a few thoughts about this...humbly offered. It IS irritating to read 10 or 15 posts about thunder or lights out or feeds lost. But, as I read the several posts thanking mods, thanking AZ lawyer and other contributors for their legal input, and, now, thanking us, the active members...I think...that there is probably NO PERFECT SOLUTION to reduce redundant posts, and there is a great reason why. I think we have a bunch of active, committed people who really care about getting the info out to everyone AND who have come to feel, rightly so, important to the quality of this forum. I believe that we have an almost perfect thread on the "lawyers only" thread which serves a great purpose. I also know that we need threads that delineate discussions on a piece of evidence or on one concept.

That said, I choose to see the "live" threads with their redundant posts as evidence that this forums lives and breathes and evolves with every day. Wouldn't we hate to lose one poster who cares enough to put current info out to us. Live threads give a voice to all those who are actually living the moment and give us who are constantly refreshing great information at our fingertips.

I don't think we should try to limit the live threads (except for our own silly "going out for bread" life comments). I think we should all continue, JUST AS WE DO NOW, to try to do the best we can do to maintain a quality, accurate, and welcoming place where even us peons feel like we can add something to the conversation.

My piece is offered with great respect for all of you. Great place to live and read.

So, I was thinking "When was the last time anyone said THANK YOU to you guys - the posters/members?". Methinks it is long, long overdue.

You guys are the heart of WS. :heartbeat: The mods, admins & Tricia want you to know how much we appreciate everything you bring here. It has been insanely busy around this forum the past couple of weeks and it is only going to get busier. As a group, our patience has been tested during voir dire and you guys have managed to self-edit and continued to post very responsibly. :bowdown: Thank you so much. We want you to know it has not gone unnoticed and you have our respect and gratitude.

So, thank you for your devotion to Caylee. Thank you for your membership and dedication to Websleuths. And thank you for exhibiting amazing restraint while posting during this emotionally charged time.

Here's a Beach "thank you", but check back in because I think ynot might be catering a celebration in your honor a little later today. :)

beachthank-you.jpg

As a poster, my job is easy-Yours as a mod is what makes this site shine.

As I noted on another thread, I see a huge bump in new(er) users lately, which is fabulous. With the sheer abundance of posting here, it is hard to miss us in a Google search involving this and other cases. Because of the moderation, I know that when new users arrive, they see right away that this is not your standard "wild west" forum and that real thought and professionalism and humor are supported by fairness and accuracy and acountability to the mods and other users.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that one of the potential jurors will out themselves as a member-Personally, I'd like to see the look on everyone's faces in the courtroom because I know that BOTH sides know that we have been a force in this case-In large part because the mods have made this a respectable place to post, so respectable that we have been visited by the LE, PI, Bondsman, family members, ex-friends, Orlando attorneys and body language experts involved and interested in this case. Though they may have visited intially with the expectation that we are a gossip site full of trolls, I know they left with a new found sense of appreciation for what we do and how we are moderated.

To be honest, I'm doing my very best NOT to post, unless I get on a tangent. The threads move so fast that I know that when/if I do post, it wont be read anyway. I applaud the mods for doing such a great job!

It will be interesting to see how the threads work out when the trial starts :)

MOO

Mel

Thank you, Beach, and thank you to ALL the moderators & to Tricia! This site and it's members are amazing.. so glad I found it! :D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbidlittlemind
Back