JR does not think about PR

Gardenlady

Reaction score
In one recent thread, which of course I can't find now, someone linked to a Daily Beast story on John Ramsey from 2008. In the article (which declares JR to be "now exonerated"), I found this odd bit from John:

"Do you still feel married to Patsy?" I ask, "Do you think about her a lot?"
"No, no," he says, his face relaxed but his eyes miserable. "Just occasionally, when a pleasant memory comes back."
"You talk of her in the present tense," I say.
"Do I? Oh well, just an accident."

Full story is at:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...lly-exonerated-in-the-murder-of-his-daughter/

After two children, 20ish? years of marriage, and the murder of their child, does it seem odd to anyone else that JR would say he does not think about Patsy? Or does the "no, no" refer to the reporter's question of "Do you still feel married to Patsy"? But even then, it still comes across as a strange thing to say.

In an RDI scenario, do you think this response indicates anything about what night have happened? JRs seeming indifference to Patsy, after so many years and joys and pains with her, could perhaps indicate that he knows she was responsible, and therefore his feelings towards her justifiably changed to indifference or quiet hatred after Johnbenet's murder (I can't see JR being emotional enough to show an outright, direct hatred or anger...he has always seemed quite cold and detached, too much so to be outwardly emotional). I can't imagine, just a couple of years after my husband's death, being so...distant from him as to say that I didn't think about him. I mean, it's been about 15 years since my grandmother died, and 4 since my father did, and I still think of both daily...:waitasec:

Anyway, I'd never seen the article prior to about last week or so, so figured it would be interesting to get others' thoughts on that bit. Hope I'm not covering old ground on my first JBR forum thread :)

JAR's answer re what the killer deserves/forgiveness tells me he knows/guesses who it was and it wasn't PR IMO.(maybe his brother or father)
JR being cold when it comes to PR doesn't necessarily indicate she did it and he knows.Cause as an innocent father you would protect your family,especially Burke,from a psycho mother who has rage attacks.And after losing one daughter you would really hate the person who took away the other daughter.
Innocent parents end up breaking up.This is not the case where one is totally innocent and the other one did everything IMO.
Let's assume they were/are BOTH innocent.
JR would have blamed his wife for exposing JB through the pageant thing to sick pedo's.
PR would have blamed JR,the note (rage) was addressed to him.
This would have destroyed their marriage.But this didn't happen.
This tells me it was either one of them and the other one was somehow responsible as well OR they are both protecting Burke.

In one recent thread, which of course I can't find now, someone linked to a Daily Beast story on John Ramsey from 2008. In the article (which declares JR to be "now exonerated"), I found this odd bit from John:

Full story is at:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...lly-exonerated-in-the-murder-of-his-daughter/

After two children, 20ish? years of marriage, and the murder of their child, does it seem odd to anyone else that JR would say he does not think about Patsy? Or does the "no, no" refer to the reporter's question of "Do you still feel married to Patsy"? But even then, it still comes across as a strange thing to say.

In an RDI scenario, do you think this response indicates anything about what night have happened? JRs seeming indifference to Patsy, after so many years and joys and pains with her, could perhaps indicate that he knows she was responsible, and therefore his feelings towards her justifiably changed to indifference or quiet hatred after Johnbenet's murder (I can't see JR being emotional enough to show an outright, direct hatred or anger...he has always seemed quite cold and detached, too much so to be outwardly emotional). I can't imagine, just a couple of years after my husband's death, being so...distant from him as to say that I didn't think about him. I mean, it's been about 15 years since my grandmother died, and 4 since my father did, and I still think of both daily...:waitasec:

Anyway, I'd never seen the article prior to about last week or so, so figured it would be interesting to get others' thoughts on that bit. Hope I'm not covering old ground on my first JBR forum thread :)

Its very telling isnt it? JR only remembers Patsy, when he has a good memory. The way he says that gives me the feeling that he didnt have many of them and as you stated after 20 years. Its strange isnt it?

You're going to find that there are posters in various stages of research on the boards and case. Nothing is new and all has been talked about, but fresh eyes and minds are warmly received and patient elder posters are very good too we newbies (LOL. Ive been here for 6 months, but have followed the case for years, most of those as IDI (Staunch RDI now.

I can recommend acandyrose.com as an excellent source for information and reading the threads here as well as forums for Justice. Start with the older posts and read your way to now, I can assure you that you'll learn so much as you go and as the senior posters learned it. Oh, and dont be afraid to ask a question, you'll find many posters here are happy to answer them for you.

I can recommend acandyrose.com as an excellent source for information and reading the threads here as well as forums for Justice. Start with the older posts and read your way to now, I can assure you that you'll learn so much as you go and as the senior posters learned it. Oh, and dont be afraid to ask a question, you'll find many posters here are happy to answer them for you.

Rsbm~

Really, I cannot allow myself to click on acandyrose anymore, at least if I want to get any work done lol. I have lost wayyyyy too many hours on that site! It really is an amazing resource for this case, isn't it?

I wonder what JRs happy memories of Patsy are. They make such an odd couple to begin with - she very larger than life, outgoing, emotional, and flashy, and he so reserved, quiet, and cold. I wonder how long it took before he became indifferent to her, or if maybe he started feeling that way towards her even before Jonbenets death?

Rsbm~

Really, I cannot allow myself to click on acandyrose anymore, at least if I want to get any work done lol. I have lost wayyyyy too many hours on that site! It really is an amazing resource for this case, isn't it?

I wonder what JRs happy memories of Patsy are. They make such an odd couple to begin with - she very larger than life, outgoing, emotional, and flashy, and he so reserved, quiet, and cold. I wonder how long it took before he became indifferent to her, or if maybe he started feeling that way towards her even before Jonbenets death?

My personal belief, is that it happened long before JBRs death. The Rs have been described as being distant with each other. There was no outward show of warmth and affection before or after her death. I think that family was dysfunctional and had many secrets.

How in the world can he not think about Patsy? That is down right weird.

Its very telling isnt it? JR only remembers Patsy, when he has a good memory. The way he says that gives me the feeling that he didnt have many of them and as you stated after 20 years. Its strange isnt it?

You're going to find that there are posters in various stages of research on the boards and case. Nothing is new and all has been talked about, but fresh eyes and minds are warmly received and patient elder posters are very good too we newbies (LOL. Ive been here for 6 months, but have followed the case for years, most of those as IDI (Staunch RDI now.

Heyya AC.

Maybe JR had really limited time to be spent at home. Maybe he was auxillary in his family dynamic. Lots of marriages are odd like that. Seems like one parent specializes, or basically is that primary care giver. Not an equal division in the maritial relationship. Lots of parnters just check in and out, as time allows.

Well, he had the `Patsy`s Blue Suit` anecdote which he repeated in his post exhoneration media. You know, that heart warming story, how PR had her blue suit always in wait, for the eventuality that the killer would be found and blue is the optimal on camera color for PR, .... yawn.

Heyya AC.

Maybe JR had really limited time to be spent at home. Maybe he was auxillary in his family dynamic. Lots of marriages are odd like that. Seems like one parent specializes, or basically is that primary care giver. Not an equal division in the maritial relationship. Lots of parnters just check in and out, as time allows.

Well, he had the `Patsy`s Blue Suit` anecdote which he repeated in his post exhoneration media. You know, that heart warming story, how PR had her blue suit always in wait, for the eventuality that the killer would be found and blue is the optimal on camera color for PR, .... yawn.

An absent father and partner, how lonely that must have been for his family. I was going over my notes last night and I found something that corroborates you point Tad....

2 JOHN RAMSEY: Burke was up at

3 the lake and Burke was in the yard swinging a

4 golf club, and she walked up either in front of

5 him or behind him, I was not there, and she got

6 clobbered. It was a pure accident.

7 MIKE KANE: Where did you hear

8 about that?

9 JOHN RAMSEY: Oh, Patsy called me.

10 MIKE KANE: You were out of town?

11 JOHN RAMSEY: Yes, I was -- she

12 was at the lake, I might have been in Boulder, I

13 don't remember. I was not there.

14 MIKE KANE: I guess this was

15 another -- Burke went to school after this. Had

16 a black eye. Do you know anything about that?

17 JOHN RAMSEY: Um, he got --

18 there's a picture of him in his baseball uniform

19 with a real shiner and he had gotten a black eye

20 playing baseball.
He was a fielder and "I got

21 it, I got, I got it", clunk.

22 MIKE KANE: Was it during a game?

23 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah.

24 MIKE KANE: As part of --

25 (MULTIPLE SPEAKERS.)

1 JOHN RAMSEY: Yes, it was part of

2 the league he was in, a practice or a game.

3 MIKE KANE: You weren't there?

4 JOHN RAMSEY: No.

It does seem as if he was never there. Makes you wonder about the nasty injuries doesnt it?

I know it's been said, but I can't remember the details of JR`s having actively campaigned.
http://dnafingerprintlaw.com./ `Sites still up.
JR's will be 68 this year.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...y-exonerated-in-the-murder-of-his-daughter/2/

•Ramsey says the new evidence can “never bring back my life. Once your reputation is tarnished, it stays tarnished.” But he now campaigns to expand the national DNA registry by requiring all states to take a sample from anyone charged with a felony in the hope that “one day I will get a call from somewhere in the country and a voice will say, “We know who killed your daughter.’”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...y-exonerated-in-the-murder-of-his-daughter/2/

As both a public service and a personal crusade, Ramsey now spends much of his time promoting state laws that mandate the lifting of a DNA sample from anyone accused of a felony, which would substantially expand the national DNA registry. (His website is DNAFINGERPRINTLAW.COM.)

I know it's been said, but I can't remember the details of JR`s having actively campaigned.
http://dnafingerprintlaw.com./ `Sites still up.
JR's will be 68 this year.

•Ramsey says the new evidence can “never bring back my life. Once your reputation is tarnished, it stays tarnished.” But he now campaigns to expand the national DNA registry by requiring all states to take a sample from anyone charged with a felony in the hope that “one day I will get a call from somewhere in the country and a voice will say, “We know who killed your daughter.’”

As both a public service and a personal crusade, Ramsey now spends much of his time promoting state laws that mandate the lifting of a DNA sample from anyone accused of a felony, which would substantially expand the national DNA registry. (His website is DNAFINGERPRINTLAW.COM.)

His life and reputation? His life and reputation? What about your daughters life? Or the lives of people that used to call you friend, until you threw them under the bus? What about the lives of those friends that stood beside you when no one else would, and found their lives forever changed because of it and not for the better I might add? What about them JR?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...ly-exonerated-in-the-murder-of-his-daughter/#

People lost jobs for coming to the Ramseys’ aid; two families went into seclusion; one woman seemed to simply disappear from sight. A famous restaurant owner went to jail for wielding a pipe at a reporter. Another couple quit their jobs and followed the Ramseys to Atlanta, only to end up unemployed when John Ramsey’s new business failed. As for Pam Archuleta, "I lost my marriage," she says, beginning to weep. "Michael would go off in his plane and leave me to deal with hiding the Ramseys. I couldn't take it."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...ly-exonerated-in-the-murder-of-his-daughter/#

Despite the new evidence, Ramsey is still haunted by suspicions that a close friend with access to the house had some role in the murder, and he questions this person’s alibi.
But Ramsey hopes that the new "touch" DNA evidence can eventually release him from the mental torment of not knowing who murdered his child, and from a haunting suspicion that it was someone in the family’s inner circle. He and a few allies from Boulder suspect one particular friend who was familiar with the Ramseys’ home and details of their life. However, District Attorney Mary Lacy, who took over the case in 2005, says that this individual "has been thoroughly vetted and cleared through the new DNA."
Yet Ramsey’s suspicions persist. Asked directly if he thinks this acquaintance killed JonBenet, Ramsey says, "Oh, I don't think so, But then he proceeds to poke holes in the man’s alibi and describe how the Boulder police botched the investigation from the beginning.
As both a public service and a personal crusade, Ramsey now spends much of his time promoting state laws that mandate the lifting of a DNA sample from anyone accused of a felony, which would substantially expand the national DNA registry. (His website is DNAFINGERPRINTLAW.COM.) Dysfunct now!!!

Poor JR, you lost your life and here I thought it was Jonbenet.

I would think that DNA laws would be the safest way for JR to lobby; after all, I don't believe he is too worried about JB's killer turning up in the database.

Agatha, I really believe JR doesn't want to think about PR. Simply put, if they really believed Christ's teachings, his thoughts probably turn to punishment. I do believe that if she asked for forgiveness, it was granted, but I also believe that we do have to stand before God and give an accounting for our sins. Seems to me that several of the ten commandments were broken here, like thou shall not kill or bear false witness against thy neighbor. I wouldn't want to think about it either!

Yes Beck, thought provoking is atonement.

I`m anticipating JR`s, perhaps final effort, his upcoming book.
err, detailing the tradgedies that befell JR, his personal story of lament.

It`s the topper. Gosh, if DOI was something else, then I`m intrigued to read JR`s sole effort.

Reminds me of Tony Hayward's statement after BP Gulf Oil Spill stating,
"I'd like my life back"....

while all the people affected on the Gulf Coast lost everything, livelihoods, environment, animals killed and sickened...

And Hayward is pissed cuz he wasn't yachting at the moment....

Reminds me of Tony Hayward's statement after BP Gulf Oil Spill stating,
"I'd like my life back"....

while all the people affected on the Gulf Coast lost everything, livelihoods, environment, animals killed and sickened...

And Hayward is pissed cuz he wasn't yachting at the moment....

Good analogy, Whaleshark! It never ceases to amaze me how the R's made this all about them. DOI was nothing but a ploy to get public sympathy and now it seems as though John is needing more. Makes me wonder if he is planning on running for office again or is he just needing money? I refuse to buy this book until Amazon has it for .99 cents and I truly wish that nobody else does either. The R's have profited enough from the death of their daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back