1248 users online (232 members and 1016 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Stephen Hawking says afterlife is a fairy story

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...-a-fairy-story

I have lived with the prospect of an early death for the last 49 years. I'm not afraid of death, but I'm in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first. I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.

I agree with him.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Boy is HE in for a surprise soon, lol!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I have no other comment other than I am with you on this and thanks just wasn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenD View Post
    I have no other comment other than I am with you on this and thanks just wasn't enough.
    Can you imagine his shock, lol! I wish I could see the look on his "face" so-to-speak when he sees the Truth. I've always said I'd rather believe and be wrong than not believe and be wrong. Yeah, he is in for QUITE the surprise.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Can you imagine his shock, lol! I wish I could see the look on his "face" so-to-speak when he sees the Truth. I've always said I'd rather believe and be wrong than not believe and be wrong. Yeah, he is in for QUITE the surprise.
    How do you know that your beliefs are the truth and Hawking's beliefs are false?

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    How do you know that your beliefs are the truth and Hawking's beliefs are false?
    Faith and logic.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

By the way, Peeples, I apologize for attributing Hawking's comments to you directly. I didn't see he was the one who said it was for people afraid of the dark. Sorry for that.

That being said, if Hawking can show me a computer that can accidentally invent itself, then maybe he is on to something.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

By the way, Peeples, I apologize for attributing Hawking's comments to you directly. I didn't see he was the one who said it was for people afraid of the dark. Sorry for that.

That being said, if Hawking can show me a computer that can accidentally invent itself, then maybe he is on to something.
    I appreciate your view that the universe is evidence of a creative intelligence. It's primarily an aesthetic argument, but I basically agree.

Just to be clear and fair to Hawking, however, principles of evolution don't hold that anything "accidentally" invented itself.

For the record, since science has no way of observing supernatural phenomena, Hawking is no more expert on the subject than I.

I choose to believe we survive our bodies; if death proves me wrong so be it. The joke will be on me, but I won't be aware to be embarrassed about it.

I believe so too. No one can tell me there is NOT an after-life. I've witnessed it first hand.

When mum died, we were cleaning out the house. Guess she got a little PO'd and came back to tell us so, or just to see what we were up to. She was sitting in her favourite chair, with her beautiful pink sweater on, hair perfect (she looked at least 10 years younger). Not only did I see it, but we have it on camera, and there were 5 others. I think it was her way of saying good-bye and checking on us before crossing over. Mum didn't stay long, and I haven't seen her since -- but every once in awhile I'll get a whiff of her perfume or cigarette. It's nice.

I absolutely believe there's an after-life, and I think it's going to be a beautiful thing

Hugs,

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    There are some things you know...and that's one of them!

How would he know?

Faith and logic.
    In fairness, more the former than the latter. (For you and for me.)

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I've always wondered if there is nothing after life for those that don't believe there is something after life. Where do the atheists go? Does Hawking claim to be an atheist? I'm so curious about these things.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

I remember seeing Stephen Hawking say that Darwinism is "unscientific" in one interview. That was interesting since he is an evolutionist.

Faith and logic.
    What's logical about Heaven and Hell?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast